Games Beaten 2016

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2016

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Exhuminator wrote:@Sarge

Bro I thought you beat Sticker Star and Dream Team?

Okay, I just checked my HLTB for 3DS. I was wrong, I've finished FOUR games for the system. :lol: This is it:

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl = 115h 19m
Resident Evil: Revelations* = 22h
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers = 29h 10m
Super Mario 3D Land* = 14h 18m

So all together I've logged just over 180 hours on 3DS gaming since 2013.

*These times are a little inflated due to doing more than just the main campaign.

You should play Shin Megami Tensei IV. That's a fantastic RPG. Also, Revelations needs to be a 3DS game that every horror buff plays. Even with the HD console ports, nothing beats playing it on a 3DS at night in a dark room.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:You should play Shin Megami Tensei IV

I own a copy of it. Haven't played it yet because I want to play Strange Journey first. I'm sure I'll enjoy them, SMT3:Nocturne is my all time favorite PS2 JRPG.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yep, but that was 2014. :)
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Ah so you meant for 2015 only, gotcha.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I should look and see what my numbers for 2014 were. I bet it was a lot higher. I actually didn't know until recently that you could sort by year. I'll probably check out of curiosity when I get back home.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I just finished Fatal Frame/Project Zero 2 on Wii. Took me about 8.5 hours.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

1) Bonk's Adventure (NES)
2) Little Samson
3) Holy Diver
4) Holy Diver (legit!)
5) Mitsume Ga Tooru
6) TMNT II: The Arcade Game (NES) (repeat)
7) Mighty Final Fight (repeat)
8] Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (repeat)
9) Monster In My Pocket (repeat)
10) Battle of Olympus
11) Gunstar Heroes (repeat)
12) Dragon Age: Inquisition
13) Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trespasser
14) Captain America and the Avengers (NES)
15) StarTropics
16) Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES) (save states)
17) Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES) (legit)

Dear Double Dragon II,

I will destroy you.

Sincerly, Sarge

Okay, now that that's out of the way, let's get down to the nitty-gritty. I've always been pretty good at the game, but I'm not entirely sure I ever beat it on the initial complement of lives on Supreme Master. There's a cool trick where you can beat up your partner and steal his lives. It's pretty great. But in a way, it's cheating.

So this time, I did pretty well, although I used some save stating since I had no intention of actually going for this legit, and beat the game. But y'all have probably figured out what happened next... I had to go for legit. Doggone it. So I have three failed runs. The first one, I got all the way to the gear room in Stage 7, and died. Second run, after a break, I got cheap-shotted all to pieces and actually lost my last life at the beginning of Stage 6. By the way, that's still my creepiest NES level, bar none. Third one, I get all the way to the Shadow Boss with two lives, and proceed to blow it horribly. Well, after that good a run, I couldn't let it lie, so the last go at it, I get there with the same complement of lives, but this time, I take him out with my having only a single life block remaining. Sad thing is, I used to have the strategy to annihilate him, but I'll be darned if I could totally remember it. Anyway, it's done. Yay!

So I jumped in again, because I wanted to play around with a few things. I discovered something I never knew. Well, two things: 1) The Cyclone Kick doesn't actually require A+B for the second press, just one of them, and 2) I found a way to relatively consistently pull off the Hyper Knee. It's still tricky, though, and it's a lot riskier than the Hyper Uppercut, so I'd probably recommend sticking to that just out of safety concerns.

EDIT: Oh, hey, I said I'd update the 3DS times. Looks like 159:11 for 2014, with the top five titles being Bravely Default at 72 hours, then Crimson Shroud, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, and SteamWorld Dig.

The biggest year was 2013, with 295:02! Good grief. Top five were Dream Team, Soul Hackers, Sticker Star, SMTIV, and A Link Between Worlds, and Dark Moon takes the six spot just behind that.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

At least you've been giving your 3DS more lovin' than my poor 3DS. It'll be interesting to see how many hours get sunk once DQVII 3DS releases here.

Of all the hyper insane hard NES games you've been beating lately, I find it interesting that you consider DD2 tough. That's one I've beat legit many times single and co-op. Granted I've been beating the game off and on since its debut, so it's probably just all muscle memory by now. DD2 is almost my favorite DD, but the platforming stages were a really bad idea, especially how late in the game they appear.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yeah, I'm clearly a bit rusty. Or I just played too long with a safety net. Now that I figured out the gear room, though, the platforming isn't an issue. I have no idea why I was getting owned in stage 4, though. I think I was missing the setup on some of the enemies there. My last run was perfect, though.

Oh, I assume you were playing on Supreme Master?
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Post by Snatch1414 »

I "beat" a text-based game called Lifeline for iOS. Basically you get a distress signal from an astronaut whose ship has crash landed on a strange moon. You're the only person they've managed to reach, so you help them stay alive and (maybe) get rescued. Incoming messages from the astronaut show up on your phone without you logging into the app, so there's somewhat of a real time aspect to it and gives you a little bit of a sense of realism. You don't have to answer right away though if you don't want to.

It was free and a neat little idea. The story lasted maybe about a week or so for me. Neat little idea, and apparently there's going to be a sequel. Only nitpick would be I would've liked a real-time option to make it that much more immersive, but no big deal. Pick it up for free.
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames