Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Randomly recommend an unknown or underrated game.

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:25 pm

Never played it! Looks swell.

I wish there were more 5200 exclusives. It would have greatly bolstered the system's reputation - as it stands now most 5200 games are much better on other platforms.

I do enjoy Countermeasure and Space Dungeon (okay the latter is also an arcade game, but the 5200 port is the exclusive console version).
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:20 pm

The next one!

ATV Quad Power Racing (GBA)

Although it has a Metacritic score of 49, you'll have fun with this one if you just take it for what it is. Simple portable racing, with impressive graphics and decent textures. Also not too easy, but not too hard. Even some of the power ups are unconventional.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:51 pm

ExedExes wrote:ATV Quad Power Racing (GBA)

In this regard I'll recommend this unknown DS racer:

Made by the guys who created Dementium and MOON on DS.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:32 pm

That reminds me of V-Rally 3, a graphically-impressive racer for GBA. It was one of the first texture-mapped 3D racers (maybe even the first) on the system, and it was insane to see something like that on GBA hardware.

I have no idea if it holds up, though.

ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:27 pm

I got those GT games in the special 4-pack from THQ. They looked good. Box is still sealed. :lol:

While it's true I have the GT Advance series in the THQ 4 pack, he said V-Rally 3. I also have that so I guess it's like the same thing. That game looks good.
Last edited by ExedExes on Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:46 am

Urban Chaos: Riot Response | Xbox / PS2 | 2006

Here's a game I've mentioned on the forum a few times, but now I'll do an official recommendation.

Some info from Wikipedia:

Urban Chaos: Riot Response is a first-person shooter video game developed by British games developer Rocksteady Studios and published by Eidos Interactive for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox. The game was released in spring 2006 and is currently Rocksteady's only non-Batman game. In the game, the main character is Nick Mason, a member of the newly formed "T-Zero" riot response squad, in an unnamed modern American city that's been overtaken by the notorious Burners gang. The gang members, armed with machetes, molotov bombs and firearms are attacking civilians, paramedics, firefighters and police officers, and it is up to him to stop them. He must defeat them by whatever means necessary in order to protect the city, capturing gang leaders and rescuing injured civilians along the way.

ImageImage

That's right, this was made by Rocksteady, the team behind the recent Batman games that everyone pisses their pants over. And in being so made, this is one FPS that strives to be more entertaining and innovative than most other console FPS of the era. The best feature is the riot shield, which you will utilize during combat as an instant cover solution. You must time your use of the shield and gunplay in such a way that you're often playing headshot chicken with your opponents. The end result is exhilarating combat.

ImageImage

If you're into FPS games and you own a PS2 or Xbox, give this underrated gem a chance. Most gamers of the time never even heard of this one, let alone played it. As someone who's beaten Urban Chaos: Riot Response, I can wholeheartedly recommend it. It's a well made FPS with a unique gameplay twist and nonstop bloodthirsty action.

Here's a trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPYKhh5wgSs
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:07 am

Wasn't there some kerfuffle about Urban Chaos back in the day? For some reason, it seems like there was. I'm actually very familiar with much of the libraries in that era, that's when I was still religiously reading gaming magazines.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:30 am

Sarge wrote:Wasn't there some kerfuffle about Urban Chaos back in the day? For some reason, it seems like there was. I'm actually very familiar with much of the libraries in that era, that's when I was still religiously reading gaming magazines.

There might have been a kerfuffle about this Urban Chaos:

Unrelated games entirely though.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:34 am

Nah, I know it wasn't the PS1 game. It may have just been right in the middle of a bunch of stuff with excessive sex and violence, and it was one of the games that came out in that period of hyper-awareness.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:31 am

ExedExes wrote:A good game on the 5200, and ONLY on the 5200!

Image!

I love the neon pink lettering. It's like an 80's album cover.
Return to General Gaming