Randomly recommend an unknown or underrated game.

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Re: Randomly recommend an unknown or underrated game.

Post by TEKTORO »

Lady Sia
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Incredible Crisis (PS1)

I just picked this up off Amazon after checking out the videos. Looks like a great mash up of mini games with a nice sound track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Q07c4EsRY
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

TEKTORO wrote:Lady Sia

I actually snagged a copy of this not too long ago. It's pretty slick, especially for a launch GBA title.
MrHealthy
Next-Gen

Post by MrHealthy »

Westerado: Double Barreled
http://store.steampowered.com/app/275200/

Only abut 40,000 buyers, which is a damn shame.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Sarge wrote:
TEKTORO wrote:Lady Sia

I actually snagged a copy of this not too long ago. It's pretty slick, especially for a launch GBA title.

It's was very appealing for an early gba game, when I first bought a gba I was all about Lady Sia, THPS, Fire Pro Wrestling, Super Dodgeball, I even think Harry Potter and Bomberman Land.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Night Slave / NEC PC98 / 1996

Do you like side scrolling mech action games? Do you like cute anime girls? Do you enjoy playing games on old Japanese computers? I bet you've played Night Slave then! But if you haven't, here's more info from Mobygames:
"NA terrorist organization known as Slave Dog poses a threat to the entire world. Steel Fox is the name of an all-female special squad, highly trained in counter-terrorist combat. Assisting them is the independent, state-unbound corporation Neo Logic, which produces assault suits -basically giant robots with their own heavy weaponry, which can be navigated by a skillful pilot. The young female pilot Rei from the Steel Fox is sent on a decisive mission, codenamed "Night Slave" - an assault on the terrorist base.

Night Slave is a side-scrolling action game, influenced in setting and gameplay by the Assault Suits series. The player controls Rei in an armored robot, navigating her through hostile areas. The gameplay is heavy on shooting, the stages consisting mostly on fighting one's way through a level, fighting powerful enemies, mini-bosses and stage bosses.

The player finds power-ups of different categories. Some can restore Rei's health, protect her robot with a shield, etc.; others are used to upgrade main and secondary weapons. Weapons can "level up", depending on how many power-ups were spend to upgrade them. The player can choose when and how to spend the power-ups. Weapons are selected before the beginning of each mission.

Extensive cutscenes and dialogues move the story forward between the missions of Night Slave. Some of the scenes feature explicit nudity and sexual situations."

Screenshots:

This game has some XXX erotic scenes in it. Whether that's a good thing or bad thing is up to you.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I will admit to playing that game many many times.

The fact that it received no console ports is downright criminal.
corn619
Next-Gen

Post by corn619 »

The Red Star on the PS2 is a brawler game with bullet hell elements to it. It is awesome go play it now.

Stretch Panic is another game overlooked gem. You use a magic scarf to bend and stretch objects and enemies.

Unlimited SaGa for the PS2
I know what everyone says about this game, but I loved it for some strange reason. Yeah it was broken, yes it had the most boring overworld map and the game was brutally unforgiving. I however, loved the character art and monsters. I also love board games as well so I guess that's why I was willing to forgive some of it's glaring flaws.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I still need to get a copy of The Red Star. I have the unreleased XBOX version burned, but I'd like it legit.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Amazon Warehouse has a "good" complete copy of Red Star (PS2) up for $9.63 with prime 2 day shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... 7EE7U53NWQ

Also theyve had complete copies of Unlimited Saga sitting around for ages at $5.40. For anyone that wants to check it out as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... 7EE7U53NWQ