Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Favorite Android (Google Play hosted) games -- premium &

by Jagosaurus Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:49 pm

Exhuminator wrote:
Jagosaurus wrote:I tend to lean toward sci fi shooters

Make sure you try N.O.V.A. Legacy.

Does NOVA have controller support? If so, I'll have to DL it.

I can confirm Neon Shadow runs with no internet connection & skips the ads.

I feel a little bad about not giving the devs ad views, but then again I would've paid for this one.

I'm very impressed with the music. I just put on my headphones and rocked out. Did anyone play Moon on the DS/3DS? This game reminds me of that but where Moon fell a little flat, N.S. hits the mark.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:44 pm

I got about halfway through Moon on DS and quit out of boredom.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:35 pm

Exhuminator wrote:I got about halfway through Moon on DS and quit out of boredom.

Moon does get better with boss battles later, but agreed it was flat. Turns out Renegade Kid was basically 2 friends programming together. I always meant to try Dementium. They actually went to mobile games before splitting up. I'll look those titles up tonight. I remember one was relatively popular.

I can't explain what, maybe the way the enemies react and take shots, but Neon Shadow gameplay reminds me of Quake with dual analog. I dig how your main fallback weapon is a shotgun versus a wimpy pistol. It's also much more immersive without the ads. Good tip on turn off wifi.

I plan on beating this one. Will report back :).
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:44 pm

Jagosaurus wrote:I always meant to try Dementium.

As monotonous as Moon was, it was still miles better then Dementium. I wouldn't waste my time with Dementium. However, Dementium II might be worth trying.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:55 pm

Exhuminator wrote:
Jagosaurus wrote:I always meant to try Dementium.

As monotonous as Moon was, it was still miles better then Dementium. I wouldn't waste my time with Dementium. However, Dementium II might be worth trying.

Hate to hear that. Also, I was wrong. The other Renegade Kid games are Nintendo eshop, not mobile.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:01 pm

I never had MOON but wanted it, saw a complete copy a local troll for $40 that still hasn't sold. I had Dementium though and it was not very fun, had some questionable design problems with it as well.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:28 pm

I DLed Moon on 3DS when it first came out and was on sale. Worth a low price digital DL. They touched up the graphics a bit. Dementium was released the same way IIRC. I tried to support them as a small dev Texas dev team.

Okay, here's a 112 page list of games that support a HID controller :shock:. You can search by title if you have one in question. Bookmarking this:

http://androidgamepadgames.com

Here's a 15 best controller games article I found interesting:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.androida ... 26017/amp/

Also, I finished Neon Shadow and had a really good time with it. I'm in the process of writing up a review for this thread 8).

@Noise, I've been goofing off in Dead Trigger for about 30 minutes... I can see the draw. Casual blasting away. I'm refusing IAP so let's see how far I make it before I get overwhelmed :lol:.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:20 am

I feel like whenever I have a good idea, someone has already beat me to it. I was going to suggest that maybe you start a giant list of games that work well with controller. But your link shows that someone was way ahead.

To be honest, I find that I use touch controls wayyy more than a controller when playing tablet stuff. It's not necessarily that I prefer touch controls, but rather I prefer just holding the tablet in my hands rather than putting it in front of me, standing up, with a separate controller for most games.

Some games are brilliant for touch, though. Voez is a good example.

Anyway, OT...

Elder Scrolls Legends is excellent on Android. I knew it would be, but I'm still impressed with how smooth everything works. Not just in-game, but menus and UI and all.

I tried Injustice 2 and... meh. I'm not into the controls on this one. Too complicated for my brain. Fighting via swiping/tapping/etc is just not intuitive for me.

...and I've been thinking about getting the Guardians Of The Galaxy Telltale game on Android. I've played most TT games on PC, but back when I played The Wolf Among Us it was on Android and I really found the episodic format perfect for portable gaming.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:55 am

Good to see the Elder Scrolls conversion is legit.

I can't imagine effectively playing a fighter with touch controls. That sounds horrible.

Okay, so... I am tablet hunting.

While my old budget phone was fun to reintroduce me to Google Play... the games look gorgeous on my Note 4. While the N4 is 2-3 years old. It still has fairly legit specs for a phone with a quad core CPU @ 2.7GHz, 3GB RAM, & ARM Mali-T760 GPU.

I don't like using my main phone as a gaming device for several reasons. I want to pick up a dedicated tablet and I was thinking between 5 to 8 inches. So at 4.7 inches, I'd be okay with purchasing large phone also. It seems a lot of these size tablets have budget specs (1GB RAM, etc). The Shield tablets seem to be going for $200+ used. Any recommendations on cheaper options with decent enough specs? Maybe I'm required to start at that ~$200 range to get above those budget tablets that are basically e-readers & Web browsers.

I'm not looking to run Tegra level games, but would like to play Modern Combat 5 and games of that tier.

HDMI out support is a big plus. USB to HDMI is fine. Android only. No proprietary Kindle Fire... I already rooted one many moons ago.

I looked up Note 4s on ebay... they still go for a decent amount :lol:.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:31 am

Like you said, you may not want Tegra, but if you want to run that Modern Combat 5 level stuff, you're right, you'll be paying $200 range for something of actual quality.

The shield is $200 new when it's up for sale, scalping scum tend to try and sell them higher on ebay and as a turn on that the honest used units can range anything from 150 and up. Perhaps do a google search with a nvidia shield tablet vs ??? and see if you can find something comparable people aren't ripping off on.
Return to General Gaming