Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Favorite Android (Google Play hosted) games -- premium &

by noiseredux Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:08 pm

marurun wrote:What is Elder Scrolls Legends?

it is a PvP CCG, a lot like Hearthstone. But it has some really interesting mechanics - namely that there are two lanes. So you can play cards on the left or right lane - effectively you're playing two hands at a time. So some cards can only attack cards in their lane, some can have effects on both lanes, some the other lane. Plus one lane is a "shadow lane" where it can't be attacked on the hand its played. It's really an interesting and fresh take on the formula. Like I said, I enjoyed the beta and am looking forward to what's been added for the final release.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:41 am

oh, so Mario Run is finally hitting Android on 3/23.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:35 am

so I'm saving for a new laptop. As such, I'm planning to throw my Shield Tablet on ebay and just keep my cheapo Fire for Droid gaming right now. Anyway, if any of you Fandroids want to take the Shield off my hands before I throw it on the Bay, let me know now. It's the original model that has the stylus slot in it. This is not the one with the bad battery - this is the replacement from Nvidia. It also includes the (stupidly pricey stylus) and I'll throw in this controller dock thing if you want to feel like you're playing a Switch.

Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:23 pm

No beer holder included in controller judging by pic. Design flaw.
marurun

by marurun Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:01 pm

That's what beer helmets are for.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Raz
16-bit

by Raz Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:24 pm

I just got my first Android-using device recently, so I've been digging through this thread. A lot of cool titles! I noticed that some of these games work better with a controller, so can anyone recommend a good one?
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:44 pm

Raz wrote:I just got my first Android-using device recently, so I've been digging through this thread. A lot of cool titles! I noticed that some of these games work better with a controller, so can anyone recommend a good one?

You might like this one...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IM ... 293HIUAW1A
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:43 pm

I use a steelseries free mobile which is like a mini sized PS2 is like pad but without a second set of L/R up top.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Sat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm

Well, I moved 12GB worth of photos/videos from my Samsung Note 4 so I have my main phone back :lol:. I was almost maxed out. This got me thinking of DLing some games but...

I don't really like the idea of my main phone device also being my gaming device. I don't want incoming calls to interfere, etc.

I dug out my previous Droid Razr Maxx. I'm going to use it initially to dive into Android retro emulation a bit & also check out a couple of Google Play titles that will run on Android 4.1.2 (Jellybean). I'm going to pick up this controller that Noise recommended. Also, pretty cool this phone has a mini HDMI port so I can connect to the TV as we discussed you guys do with the Shield tablet.

This will allow me to get started & decide if I want to invest more money into the Android route, both emulation & Google Play, as I've also been eying Android TV boxes like the MXQ. I'll be testing the waters on a budget. If I have to, I can also use my main Note 4 device also.

Any pointers? Cheap games, not too spec heavy, that support a controller? You guys running any emulators? I'm thinking of starting a dedicated thread on that as well but wanted to give it a nod here as its half of the reason for my Adroid gaming interest.

Specs of the 'ol 2012 Razr Maxx
Screen: 4.3" Super AMOLED
Resolution: 960x540 qHD
RAM: 1GB
ROM: 16GB internal (can add 32GB micro SD)
CPU: Dual Core 1.2HGz
GPU: Power VR SGX 540
Mini HDMI out
Bluetooth & wifi (no ac)
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Sun May 28, 2017 1:37 pm

Ok, I did officially order the Beboncool B02 controller. Nice deal for $25.99 shipped.

Here's the MXQ Adroid TV Box I'm eying for $34.99 shipped. I've seen several video of this running RetroArc very well for retro emus. Then I'd be using it for Google Play games, Digital movie playback via USB, youtube, & Netflix. For $35... can't beat that. Want to try out the controller first.

How well do the cloud saves work for Google Play games that support it? For example, I could be playing a Square Enix Final Fantasy game on my mobile in bed... save to the cloud... then boot up the game on my Adroid TV Box the following day and load up cloud save, correct? Any one using this?

Crazy the cost of entry for a decent controller & Android TV Box is only $61... geeze. Add an average game and you're still under $68 for "system," controller, game :shock:
Return to General Gaming