Favorite Android (Google Play hosted) games -- premium & IAP

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Favorite Android (Google Play hosted) games -- premium &

Post by Jagosaurus »

noiseredux wrote:You can buy Shield specific games. You can use a controller. Many Play Store games do. The square RPGs for instance. You can hook up to TV and put it in console mode.

The Square games (DQ, FF, Chrono) are really a few of the main reasons I still have my 3DS so that statement might have just pushed me over the edge. Having the ability to play mobile or on the HD TV is nice.

I'm looking primarily for those titles & Google Play RPGs/SRPGs. I really Symphony of Eternity which was a sub $10 Kemco RPG. Wouldn't mind trying more of those & Fire Emblem Heroes.

Anything else is really just a bonus (retro emus, PS3 style games, controller support, etc).

Going to sleep on it & watch/read a few reviews. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction gents.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Jagosaurus wrote:Okay Tanooki & Noise, you have me interested @ $199...

So are the Shield specific games like Doom 3 streaming service only (GeForce Now store) or can you DL?

Do any Google Play games support the controller? Would be cool to use the HDMI out and a controller for some of the RPGs on the TV at times.
--

DOOM3 is a 4.5GB Android specific download game as is the mGS title I mentioned and the others. It's not some GeForce overlap streaming stuff they have a link up for. All you need is any compatible with Android bluetooth game pad and you can play stuff (they don't force a buy of a shield made controller though it is encouraged on their site.)

Many google play games support the controller, more than I thought would when I got my tablet a couple years back. The damn thing works so seamlessly and smooth I am where I actually would await a Shield 2 tablet to drop and buy it once my existing croaks or flip it to buy the other at a reduced rate.

What I do is basic and it works. You have many ports on the thing, so if you're worried about battery just run the usb-c(I think it's that) to USB-A cord into their supplied ac adapter plug to keep it off battery. Then hit up amazon or monocable, something cheap and get a Mini-HDMI to HDMI cable. All you do is jack the cable into the TV, the other end into the tablet. It will see it's there, and then cast the tablet signal to the TV with no harassment what so ever. From there you can pretend it is the X1 featured Shield Console and just go to town on it. That's it, no weirdness. On rare occasion I pop it in so I can see Pinball Arcade up on a 32" screen and it's pretty.

As to your square concern I'm pretty positive they pick up game pads, almost positive I played Secret of Mana using my steelseries mobile.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I played Secret Of Mana with controller for sure.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Thanks gents, answers my questions.

There seems to be a bit of confusion in Amazon Q&As about if the newest controller is still supported on the new K1 tablet. Which controller are you using? If it's Bluetooth, I could likely get a PS3 or 360 controller working, right?

I'm in the process of going digital & scaling back "the collection" as much as possible while not sacrificing the ability to play games (using flash carts, mods, alternative ports, etc). This fits right in that camp.

I also have kiddo #2 on the way so mobile in small chunks is a big plus. :)

Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Nice. Thanks. $22 is a lot better than $50 for the Nvidia model. I'm actually eyeing their $18 model without the phone clip.

It says it includes a charging cable. USB charging? That's a lot better than my wireless PS2 controllers that destroy AAA batts.

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

And I use this, says $50 there but I paid 1/2 that elsewhere, just don't remember where that was.

https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Wire ... B009AOFNU4 It's small but it's solid and has a usb charging cable with it. Comes with 2 modes as well so it can get around some fussy games wanting one style or another connection (ios or Android.)
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Never thought I'd recommend a dart game, but here we go...

Pro Darts 2017
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... arts&hl=en

ImageImage

Not only is this the best darts video game I've ever played, it's also really fun for hotseat multiplayer (all of iWare Designs' games are actually). You can fully customize your dart designs and there's lots of different boards to use (which are all different games unto themselves). I've had a lot of fun with this playing with other people on my tablet.

Darts!
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Weird dude. I trust you on Android games, but still weird haha.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

here's my latest recommendation:

Stellar Fox

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... stellarfox

Basically, you draw lines to get the fox (who is balled up) to roll into its foxhole. Different colored lines do different things. Quite enjoyable. Sound physics, pretty visuals. Free version has ads and you can shut them off for $3.