Favorite Android (Google Play hosted) games -- premium & IAP

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Favorite Android (Google Play hosted) games -- premium &

Post by Jagosaurus »

noiseredux wrote:Neo Geo games are pretty much on anything that has a screen these days. Yeah.

:lol: approaching the level of Doom? Will we soon see Fatal Fury on printer LCDs & TI-89s :P? I'll give a few a try. I'm was always up for their titles.

So does sharing your Google Play Games profile serve any purpose other than looking at others achievements, XP, & played games? Can you save "friends"? Still need to add an avatar, etc but mine is:
Jagosaurus28

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Outside of emulation, no most of the Neo Geo library wasn't converted. There are a select few KOF games including Garou, Metal Slug up to 3, Neo Turf Masters, and Blazing Star I think are about it -- all use a controller if you have it.

As much as I rip on digital rental stuff, I do follow it mostly just with Android. I don't mind it when I can get a daily freebie or rack up credits using surveys.

Also that VOEZ music game on Switch started I think on Android and still as of yet has more going for it. Not a controller game, but something that might interest a few of you.

There are some solid heavy hitter PS2 conversions on the format such as GTA3 and Vice City, Max Payne, Bully, and then the big Bard's Tale game too (huge download on that one.) PSP GTA Liberty City Stories and Chinatown Wars(started on DS) is there too. They often enough go up for 1/2 off sales.

2K games has a solid choice in titles, not all using game pads, but stuff like Civilization Revolution 2 keep you busy for a long time. Other stuff would be their sports, X-COM, WWE and Borderlands conversions too.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

someone may have made a thread listing retro Android games...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51045

Tanooki, I co-sign Voez. I'm not a huge rhythm game fan, but it is super fun.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Okay gents, last night I tried out Neon Shadow.

This was also on the Beboncool list I linked above for controller supported game. I'll be slowly looking up each of those 40 or so titles to see if any others look fun.

Neon Shadow is a fairly well done FPS with a visually appealing art style. They graphics come of as the "sort of cel shaded" look. I'm only 4 maps in, but I dig it so far. Dual analog stick controller support is there out of the box. I didn't even have to map buttons.

This is my first experience with a free game with no option for a paid version. On one hand it is nice to place for free. On the other, it is jarring to be forced to watch an ad (30 secs or so) between levels. No IAP.

I'll probably revisit this when I want some mindless FPS fun in small burst (pun intended?), but I would've paid a few bucks to skip the ads entirely. You guys played this one?

Right now I am in the "novelty" phase of Andorid gaming and want to try out several genres. It is just fun testing them out, but I can notice the gaming ADD setting in :lol:. It eats up time. Next week, I'm going to settle in and sink some time into dedicated titles.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I've not played it - or even heard of it. Looks neat, though. I remember playing one of the Dead Trigger games years ago and thought it was alright. But besides that I haven't played much FPS stuff on Android. Well, actually I did play Half-Life 2 but I mean, that's Half-Life 2. It's great.

I don't think ads bother me as much as others. A couple of years ago I was really hooked on playing a solitaire game that kept advertising Clash Of The Clans. As such, I can't help but equate Kate Upton with solitaire now.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I just turn off wi-fi and cellular internet on my phone while I play ad supported games. That makes the ads go away.

There are some good FPS on Android. I enjoyed these:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .GloftNOHM

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... M5HM&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .GloftM4HM

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .GloftM3HM

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mes.iosfps
(this one I played online with other people, worked well)

---

If you want some novelty, give the Google Cardboard stuff a try Jago. A lot of fun.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Despite some of the deserved crap they get Gameloft is like king of the free FPS. They aped the COD MW format of game very well and it tends to consistently get high marks.

I'd like to see some free or even lower paid WW2 stuff, the good stuff that COD and MOH used to do years ago. At least late this year COD returns to the roots it shouldn't have left with a wicked looking WW2 title.

I loathe the future crap in most cases and I'm very disinterested in blasting islamic terrorists in video games too which leaves me out of much of the fun. Same can be said that I get no rise out of the overkill amount of zombie killers too as they all bore me.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Exhuminator wrote:I just turn off wi-fi and cellular internet on my phone while I play ad supported games. That makes the ads go away.

If you want some novelty, give the Google Cardboard stuff a try Jago. A lot of fun.

I didn't even think of that...

While I love the idea of Google Cardboard, I have some type of phobia about stuff on my face. It freaks me out. I got a hair cut once & when the chic quickly put a hot towel on my face, I almost had a panic attack :lol:. VR would seriously through me into cardiac arrest. I can barely wear sunglasses.

Thanks for the FPS list. Will dig in.

@Noise, I actually just watched the trailer for Dead Trigger 2. Are IAP required to beat it? It looks pretty legit. I was a big fan of House of the Dead Overkill. Looks similar but not a rail shooter obviously.

@Tanooki, I'll look up their games. I'm not obsessed with zombies by any means but enjoys good undead shooter. It's just a FPS skin for me... demons, aliens, zombies, Nazis, terrorist... I tend to lean toward sci fi shooters but don't necessarily prefer one coat of paint over the other.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Jagosaurus wrote:I tend to lean toward sci fi shooters

Make sure you try N.O.V.A. Legacy.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Super Blackjack Battle 2 Turbo Edition

Do you like blackjack? Do you wish it was presented like Street Fighter II?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... b2te&hl=en