Metal Gear Solid V

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
isiolia
Next-Gen

Re: Metal Gear Solid V

Post by isiolia »

None of them are even remotely as long as MGSV. Also, keep in mind that MGS3 has a lot more micro-managing stuff in it relative to the others (camo, health/first aid system, etc). So if that's the sort of stuff that's dragging it down for you, it's much less of a thing in the others.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

for what it's worth, I'm 99% sure that Peace Walker on the 360 HD Collection does work as a physical disc in an Xbox One. I did a little Googling, and was mostly able to confirm.

Anyway, I fired up Phantom Pain for the first time in a few weeks last night. At first I sort of panicked because the save started me on Mission 2 even though I knew I was on Mission 5 the last time I played. Strangely, after redoing the second mission (which is just the little build-a-base tutorial) it showed that I had completed later missions. Shrug.

The mission I had left off on was "Over The Fence," which was an extraction. It was pretty straightforward. Not super challenging. And yet I fucked it up enough that I was offered a Chicken Hat, which I proudly wore like a dunce cap. I don't know what to say other than every time I thought I knew the layout and where all the guards were I'd stumble upon another who would freak out and alert everyone else.

I do have a question, though. The pistol that can put people to sleep - if I don't extract them, how long do they stay asleep?
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

From what I've seen the tranquilizer lasts five minutes, choking them out or doing the punch combo will last over ten. Other CQC combos will keep them down for around a minute.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I spent about an hour attempting to find "The Bee," a weapon which was the goal of Mission 6. First off, it took me a lonnnggg time to even get where I was going. I took lots of detours around mountains and bases and whatever. Finally I was able to sneak into an underground hideout, mostly thanks to a windstorm that conveniently supplied me some cover. There were a couple of guards hanging around down there and I was jumpy and ended up drugging them. I took off down deeper into the complex in search of The Bee but ugh, I didn't think to hide those drugged up guards so they got discovered. So now I'm down in this hole and doing my best to hide from a whole camp of dudes that are searching for me. It was at this point that my wife asked if I was ready for dinner and this felt like a relief.

I have decided that I have a special love/hate relationship with The Phantom Pain. I have a certain appreciation for how open the game is; for how much is possible; for how you can approach it as you wish. I love the music and the atmosphere. Not that I've played all of the Metal Gear games, but this must be my favorite. And yet, I'm also really bad at it, which makes it a game that I just can't focus on for as long as I'd like. If I feel a ping of frustration, then I need to give it a break else I chance losing that feeling of what I love so much about it. It feels like a game that I can come back to and play missions in spurts rather than really committing to binge-playing it. So for now, Phantom Pain, we're on a break.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Oh Lord, the saga continues...

A NEW Metal Gear Solid Game with Hideo Kojima TEASED?! - EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTA2_EMe6Ic

:lol:
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Xeogred wrote:Oh Lord, the saga continues...

A NEW Metal Gear Solid Game with Hideo Kojima TEASED?! - EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTA2_EMe6Ic

:lol:

Oof, a PS video. I've checked in with NBGO on Reddit every once in a while, and between those folks and PS, I think Kojima has literally started a cult- one based around his games. At this point, all I think we can really hope for is a MGS HD Collection re-release, or maybe some kind of Chapter 3 for V.

I want to believe, but unlike the NBGO folks, I think Kojima and Konami truly split, and IMO that doesn't bode well for any MGS stuff following the characters we already know.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Yeah I'm with you on all that, haha. The plausible scenario I could see is Konami hiring an outside studio, like Bluepoint, letting them use the Fox Engine to remake MGS1. All these old "boss" comments might just mean the casting/voice director.

Even though Twin Snakes is still certainly a thing that was redubbed too, so making a big deal out of a third remake seems a bit odd. But I'm not a fan of Twin Snakes and maybe it didn't really do too well being a Gamecube exclusive, not sure.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

David Hayter and Robin Atkin Downes Periscope Stream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErqGjRnmUDw