Shenmue 3 Kickstarter

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Reprise wrote:No, Sega always do something - for better or for worse - with their HD remasters.

They've already said that if they were to do a HD remastered port, they would have to remove licenced assets (e.g. Ryo's watch is a Timex), so a 'rom' on a disc is not going to happen. At the least, it will be adapted into widescreen, upscaled to 1080p, cleaned up audio and, if we're lucky, both Japanese and audio tracks as options. But I bet any money they'd add the save anywhere and skip time features from Shenmue 2 into the first game. It wouldn't be strenuous and it just makes sense.

I need me some hd textures so I can read, "Poo," magazine more clearly dag nabbit!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

I love that Corey Marshall may make a hilarious bad dub for us to enjoy again. The only worry I have is that it won't be so endearing for backers who aren't familiar with the series.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Will it have dual audio? I prefer they went the Yakuza route.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

It should have dual audio if I remember correctly.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Surveys!! I guess they were sent out en masse a number of days ago, but I just realized it today. I'm excited for my shirts, and capsule toys. I hope the art book is nice, and quality, too.

Also, it seems that the $7M stretch goal for AI Battle was only about 100k away at the time of the surveys being sent out, but reading the explanation of the reward made me feel like it almost wasn't worth it. I mean, I have no reason to want an AI to do my battling for me. If I could program it with a sort of in-game toolbox, and let it do its thing on a replay of the game, or something, that could be cool. Otherwise, I wonder if something like that would really pull in a bigger audience, or keep certain people who don't like fighting games more invested.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Just did mine today as well -- had been sitting on it. I'm getting excited, between the HD announcement and Shenmue 3, there's a lot to look forward to.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Yeah, I'm getting a bit excited again, too.

Part of me is happy that the first two games are getting HD treatments, for all the people who want to play them that way, and maybe bringing in new fans, but I don't think they'll be for me. I don't think I'd ever be able to play them on something other than a Dreamcast. That's just where those two games belong, I feel.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Yeah the surveys went out a week or two ago. I'm pretty damn excited. It's a shame I can't upgrade as they don't allow you to upgrade past the $250 mark, but I probably shouldn't be throwing anymore money at this thing anyways.

There's strong rumours that Shenmue 3 will be at Gamescom (might even be part of the reason why Shenmue 1 & 2 HD is being released on the 21st August...), so that's something to look forward to. Best case scenario is we get gameplay, a new trailer and a release date/window, but that might be overly optimistic given this game's track record and the recent delay till 2019. That said, I genuinely believe they are now in the final stages of development and that we will finally see the game in 2019 (probably the second half the year).

Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

New Shenmue screen shared today in celebration of the team reaching the 7m stretch goal. Also a Shenmue documentary launched on Kickstarter today for those interested: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... of-shenmue