Shenmue 3 Kickstarter

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Blu
Next-Gen

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter

Post by Blu »

Loved the Yu Suzuki Interview that you posted. I actually ventured on here to see what this thread was up to, after I watched the release trailer. I really can't wait for this game. Received the email that my copy is packaged and getting ready to head out. Hard to believe that it's actually about to be here. Figured this day would never come.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

It's pretty unbelievable, right? I think one of the things that will make the moment of sitting down with the game on release really special is knowing that it's not just me. That there are thousands of other long-time Shenmue fans experiencing the answer to their prayers, after almost 20 years.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Yu Suzuki on why Shenmue 3 is a 'miracle': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzpCtGujPFw
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Well guys, what a journey it has been. Today I got the email to say my copy of Shenmue 3 has been dispatched and is on its way to me. Now I wait haha.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

I haven't gotten any notices of dispatch yet, but I ordered a mismatched region version, and it seems like the capsule toy sets are going to be delayed, anyway. I preordered it on the Epic Store as well, though, so I'm gonna be playing it when it drops, regardless. Seems like I could end up getting a free digital code for the PS4, too. That'd be interesting.

The one thing I'm a little concerned about is that I won't really be able to redeem the in-game backer content, because I'm going to be playing on PC, but I backed it for the PS4. It would be nice if they just had the storefront codes for both platforms available to all the backers, but I'm guessing I might have to reach out to FanGamer or something to see about getting those codes for PC instead. I really want to put that super rad jacket on Ryo.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I don't really know how the backer content is going to work anyways. They said you will have to use a backer ID to access it, so that suggests it's locked within the game and not DLC? Perhaps you will be able to unlock it regardless of platform?

pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Yeah, so that part I can sort of answer, because in the demo there was a menu item, I think in the options, to enter a kickstarter reward key, which I thought was kind of odd to have already in the demo. Seeing that, I thought I would be all set, but that last email suggested that there’s also a key to unlock it for a particular platform. I’m curious how exactly it’s going to work.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Should be here Monday!