Shenmue 3 Kickstarter

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter

Post by Reprise »

You know, there was lots of 'everyone is shitting on it, it's not me being negative' posts on social media and on the Shenmue Dojo and yet the vast majority of comments I have seen on Youtube, on forums, the gaming media articles that have covered it and the comment threads from the aforementioned articles have been positive, so...

Anyways, I'm fucking hyped.

Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

I intend to reserve my judgement until I've actually played the full release. It doesn't really matter until then. The trailer on its own does not look particularly good to me, though. It doesn't exactly look or feel like Shenmue, but I kind of expect that from the promotional material. The editing of the trailer feels like typical modern, 'breathless,' editing that just cuts, and transitions everything too quickly.

The comment that I find really galling though is the, 'it looks like a PS2 game,' one, which just ignorantly insinuates that it looks like something significantly lesser than the first two games on the Dreamcast. I'm not that excited about the graphical style presented in the trailer, but the fidelity is certainly not an issue. Ultimately this game is not going to be about its presentation. For my money, it will only need to play well. How it looks in the final version can only really be a bonus, in my mind.

All of this just makes me really aware of why I don't follow game releases, or modern video gaming. It's such a waste of time and energy to get worked up about every little detail when there isn't even much context to any of it. Not necessarily trying to kill anyone's hype buzz, but I'm good. I'll be back when the game drops.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

pierrot wrote:All of this just makes me really aware of why I don't follow game releases, or modern video gaming. It's such a waste of time and energy to get worked up about every little detail when there isn't even much context to any of it. Not necessarily trying to kill anyone's hype buzz, but I'm good. I'll be back when the game drops.

This a million times. I have stayed quiet through the development process simplt because I enjoy having context to what I am seeing. Just sit back relax, not stress about what I might possibly see and see what happens.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Arenegeth
24-bit

Post by Arenegeth »

I actually enjoy taking a look at on going development, fan reactions and all that, is a hobby within a hobby for me at this point (but a casual one at that).

The fan psychology is interesting to me, as it reflects group psychology in general. Haters versus fanboys, both lacking any semblance of nuance divided in almost tribalistic lines over a video game, not even an actually released video game.

Then we have the developers themselves, outright lying about certain features during development and the showing off bull-shots of games, complete utter blunders that cause development to restart or significantly change gear, excusing their own incompetence in mismanaging a project or budget, and fans reactions to all that.

It's an utter cornucopia of behavioral psychology and how people often emotionally react to concepts and ideas around them.

You guys just don't know how to party.

But when it comes to Shenmue III in particular, I didn't have time to pay much attention to the project until recently, probably because is getting close to release, and I've been caught on a Shenmue-Groundhog Day on the first game for the last few months.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Meanwhile I'm just waiting for Shenmue 3 to come out. By playing Outrun 2 and Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst. It's 2005 in here.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I've been playing Outrun 2006 personally. Great game!
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Shenmue 3 Release Date: November 19, 2019. It's happening! Just a little bit later.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

:(

Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

2 things.

Code on Deep Silver's site apparently leaked something that suggests there might now be an XB1 version (the reason for the delay perhaps?)

Somehow, a random Walmart store in Canada has this short gameplay teaser before anyone or anywhere else in the world. Must have displayed it before an E3 trailer in error... interestingly it has the old release date...

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1136756559143407617