Why Isn't There a More Prominent Game Boy Scene?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
marurun

Re: Why Isn't There a More Prominent Game Boy Scene?

Post by marurun »

Mobile games are more often neglected by classic gamers. GameBoy, GBA, Game Gear... If there isn't a common or easy way to play the games on a TV, I think they get less love. There's definitely a dedicated GameBoy scene, but it isn't as large these days as the NES scene in part because portable games are seen, I think, as more disposable. Which is why when my game room is live, that GameBoy player is going to be the primary use for the GameCube (I'll play the GC games on the Wii, most likely).
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

marurun wrote:Mobile games are more often neglected by classic gamers. GameBoy, GBA, Game Gear... If there isn't a common or easy way to play the games on a TV, I think they get less love. There's definitely a dedicated GameBoy scene, but it isn't as large these days as the NES scene in part because portable games are seen, I think, as more disposable. Which is why when my game room is live, that GameBoy player is going to be the primary use for the GameCube (I'll play the GC games on the Wii, most likely).

That Gameboy player is go great.
Why do you end up playing the GC games on Wii?
marurun

Post by marurun »

racketboy wrote:That Gameboy player is go great.

I can connect the Wii via component video. I know it isn't as nice as a GC through component, but I don't have a component-capable Cube.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

marurun wrote:
racketboy wrote:That Gameboy player is go great.

I can connect the Wii via component video. I know it isn't as nice as a GC through component, but I don't have a component-capable Cube.

Oh -- ok that totally makes sense.
I happen to have mine plugged in upstairs on the smaller TV, so that's why it didn't occur to me :)
I'm hoping to someday upgrade both my GC and Wii though.