Re: Summer Games Challenge 2015

Post by Ack »

noiseredux wrote:Wacky Wheels?

That's dope...fish.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

see, now I feel like I'm really trying to force a list though. And this is why I had figured I wouldn't do the challenge. Cuz as I'm trying to shoehorn 10 games for the list, I'm also thinking about the list of games coming out in the next few months that I'm gonna want to play. #2manygameproblemz
Ack

Post by Ack »

noiseredux wrote:see, now I feel like I'm really trying to force a list though. And this is why I had figured I wouldn't do the challenge. Cuz as I'm trying to shoehorn 10 games for the list, I'm also thinking about the list of games coming out in the next few months that I'm gonna want to play. #2manygameproblemz

Yeah, I understand. Just relax, chief. Don't worry about it. Don't go for a full ten, just hit up five. And you have all summer to do it. You'll be fine.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

That's why I keep kidding about the "classic" requirement; it turns what initially sounds like a "make some progress on your backlog" task into something much more stifling.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Not real sure about Bloodrayne. I think it was a bit popular, but I also heard that it really wasn't that great a game. The sequel wasn't good, either. Really, the only good Bloodrayne game was Betrayal. Thanks, WayForward!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

MrPopo wrote:That's why I keep kidding about the "classic" requirement; it turns what initially sounds like a "make some progress on your backlog" task into something much more stifling.

This isn't the backlog clearing thread tho. That's what Games Beaten is for. This thread is dedicated to a specific type of game.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I get that, and that's why I'm not participating, because I don't want to artificially decide what I'm playing based on some vague criterion. And Games Beaten isn't just about backlog clearing; it's just as much about replays and the reviews of what you've beaten and talking about that. And there's no race in it or any implied "try to get so many done in a time frame". If it were me I think the idea of a "pick 10 games to get done over the summer you've never beaten before" is a cool one, but all the niggling over what constitutes a classic is a real bummer.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

MrPopo wrote:I get that, and that's why I'm not participating, because I don't want to artificially decide what I'm playing based on some vague criterion. And Games Beaten isn't just about backlog clearing; it's just as much about replays and the reviews of what you've beaten and talking about that. And there's no race in it or any implied "try to get so many done in a time frame". If it were me I think the idea of a "pick 10 games to get done over the summer you've never beaten before" is a cool one, but all the niggling over what constitutes a classic is a real bummer.

I hear ya. Though technically there is a time frame to Games Beaten: 1 year. :lol:

The niggling here is more good-natured ribbing than harsh critique. No one is literally telling anyone else "you can't play that."

Dedicating this thread to legitimate classics is a good idea because it keeps the discussion focused on games that are well-known and played by many. When I played through Symphony of the Night, Final Fight, Metroid, and Zelda II last year I had my homies offering me pointers and cheering me along. I dig that. If everyone simply "did their own thing", so to speak, discussion would stagnate.

Lastly, in all honestly, I think many folks here have steered away from retro gaming in recent years. This thread is a good way to reel us all back in.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Here is my list, which I probably won't get through, but hey, who is judging?

1. Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey
2. Ratchet & Clank
3. God of War
4. Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
5. Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron

I know Snoopy isn't really considered a classic game, but gosh darn it I want to play it!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

Just finished my final presentation in my final class. Gaming starts tomorrow! Or possibly tonight!

I'm way more into this than I thought I'd be. :mrgreen:

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would