Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by Sload Soap Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:38 am

dsheinem wrote:
alienjesus wrote:Add it to your summer games list, even if it is the only game on your summer games list!

I actually had it on that list years ago (probably when I got the copy from Flake) and never popped it in all summer. Will rectify!

Speaking of, I got bored in work the other night and have already drafted out my SGC list. :oops:
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:44 am

Sload Soap wrote:
Speaking of, I got bored in work the other night and have already drafted out my SGC list. :oops:

It isn't even Spring yet! I am not sure I have the "not a classic" fight in me just yet. :lol:

(just kidding, I'm always ready to throw down)

I just noticed that we have more pages in this thread in mid-March than we did in the entire year in 2010 :shock: We also only had a smidge over 100 pages in 2012. Good to see so many more folks on board and so much more discussion :)
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:49 am

Sload Soap wrote:
dsheinem wrote:
alienjesus wrote:Add it to your summer games list, even if it is the only game on your summer games list!

I actually had it on that list years ago (probably when I got the copy from Flake) and never popped it in all summer. Will rectify!

Im still deciding whether to participate - my alphabet marathon list is a bit of a monster in terms of game length. Maybe I'll do half a list and alternate with the alphabet marathon?
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

by Sload Soap Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:49 am

I can almost guarantee you will have no problems with my list this year. Nope.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:55 am

Sload Soap wrote:
dsheinem wrote:

Bro I did this 6 months ago. :lol:
Flake

by Flake Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:27 am

dsheinem wrote:It isn't even Spring yet! I am not sure I have the "not a classic" fight in me just yet. :lol:

I recently gave up on my "Beat it or Sell it" quest to clear out my back log but it did teach me a lot about my habits as a gamer and as a person who buys games and how these traits do not co-exist well at all.

I think I am going to continue to just play (or more likely re-play) the classics from now on because A) my gaming time is at such a premium now that I am married, have a family, and my career is on track and B) it sure is a lot more affordable to play my favorites than sink money on new titles that might not be what I hoped they'd be.

But yeah, dude. Get on Super Metroid. Given how cheap I let you walk away with that thing, you owe it to both of us to clear the Space Pirates out of Zebes.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

by Key-Glyph Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:06 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I FRIGGIN LOVE KIRBY.
Review of the year. :lol:

I'm so glad you loved Kirby. Kirby's Dreamland and Wario Blast were the Game Boy staples of my childhood. I never got tired of replaying them, and I'm always surprised how strong and oddly specific my memories of them are. For example, I remember following my mother and older brother around the floor of Guitar Center with the Game Boy while "Tears in Heaven" played in the store, which was my self-proclaimed favorite song at the time. I also remember not being able to figure out the trick to King Dedede, but enjoying myself anyway because that song is such a jam.

One of my brother's friends eventually wound up giving me the hints that made me realize what I'd been overlooking. Was it obvious to you, Bone? Sometimes I wonder how I would have fared on that as an adult.

The weird thing with Kirby's Dreamland is that I don't remember how I got it, or how I even heard of it. I mean, I can speculate some obvious possibilities, but it surprises me that I don't have any first-hand recollections.
BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Back when Kirby was white!

I've had the game since I was a kid.

Sadly, what I mainly remember is my father being angry that his 9-year-old son wanted to play something so cutesy.

Also, there's a "trick" to Kind Dedede? :lol:
Ack

by Ack Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:25 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Back when Kirby was white!

Racist.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:26 pm

I speaketh the truth.
Return to General Gaming