Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ack

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by Ack Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:24 am

Exhuminator wrote:
Ack wrote:I don't even think there is really that much of it.

I disagree. There's 14 main Kirby games, 9 spin off games, 3 remakes, 1 compilation, and all his games are released on all the eShop platforms. Iwata please! (All of that and where is F-Zero nowadays? Not on DS, not on Wii, not on 3DS, not on Wii U. But there's multiple Kirby games on all those platforms.) Keep in mind Kirby has only been around since 1992. A lot of the other series you cited have been around significantly longer and therefore have had more time for releases.

F-Zero hasn't been used since 2004 on the Game Boy Advance. I think they actually forgot the franchise.

Still though, that's 27 games in all for Kirby in 23 years. In 29 years, The Legend of Zelda has had 38 games come out(17 main games, 14 spin offs, 7 remakes). Sure, there may be a lot of Kirby games, but it's not that unique to Kirby for Nintendo to do this. Hell, there are 24 Mario Sports games, 11 Mario Kart games(in addition to 3 F1 racers Mario appears in, 1 LCD Mario racing game, and 1 Excitebike remake with Mario), 10 Mario educational games, 14 Mario Party games(including 1 e-reader game), and 9 Mario RPGs, among the ridiculously numerous other Mario games put out.

And a lot of companies do this with their mascots or flagship titles. Resident Evil has 25 games in 19 years. Silent Hill has 16 games(including mobile games) in 16 years. God only knows how many Dynasty Warriors or Romance of the Three Kingdoms games, expansions, and spin-offs Koei has put out. And Mega Man is...well, it just is.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
nullPointer
128-bit

by nullPointer Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:16 pm

noiseredux wrote:But most importantly, this is the first FPS I have ever beaten using keyboard and mouse. I am a golden god.

So the big question is, whether you think this will be your preferred method of control for PC FPS moving forward? The first time I tried keyboard and mouse for FPS I felt like I needed to do it to be 'legit'. I came to PC gaming from the console world, so controllers were my thing. But after I tried KB+M there was no going back. Aside from occasionally fat fingering directional movement, it's just so much more quick and responsive. I can't imagine playing FPS any other way now (including some of my console favorites! =O).
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:23 pm

I agree that keyboard and mouse is the superior FPS control. As far as FPS goes I came from the keyboard and mouse background first. But I don't think gamepad FPS control is utterly terrible, I'm totally fine with it too. I feel like I'm a weirdo in this regard because everyone seems so polarized about the issue.

And Ack I don't think it's fair to compare Kirby releases to Zelda and Mario. Zelda and Mario came years earlier and had much stronger roots to grow on than Iwata's favorite pink fluff ball.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ack

by Ack Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:26 pm

Exhuminator wrote:I agree that keyboard and mouse is the superior FPS control. As far as FPS goes I came from the keyboard and mouse background first. But I don't think gamepad FPS control is utterly terrible, I'm totally fine with it too. I feel like I'm a weirdo in this regard because everyone seems so polarized about the issue.

I prefer kb+m myself and like to give noise crap about it...but that's mainly because I like to give noise crap about everything.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:28 pm

Yeah FPS is really best played with a KB+M when it comes to console FPS/TPS you really don't realize just how unplayable they are without a solid aim assist system. Probably the best example of this is Quantum Theory I beat the game on the 360 but it thoroughly taught me just how shitty aiming with a controller can be without aim assist :lol: .
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:31 pm

1- Gradius 3 - SNES

Used a game genie for infinite lives and used a turbo fire controller.

2- Deathsmiles - Xbox 360

Credit fed to the end credits.

3- Mushihimesama - Youtube

Watched a video of the end credits.

Overall, a good day of hardcore shmuppin'.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:32 pm

You could have at least listed hard games :lol:

I didn't even know Deathsmiles took credits.
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:35 pm

dunpeal2064 wrote:I didn't even know Deathsmiles took credits.

Well I am a certified "Lord of the 1 CC" so just take my word on it. :wink:
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:36 pm

Opa Opa made me laughspit cranberry juice all over my keyboard. happy/sad
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:42 pm

Opa Opa wrote:1- Gradius 3 - SNES

Used a game genie for infinite lives and used a turbo fire controller.

2- Deathsmiles - Xbox 360

Credit fed to the end credits.

3- Mushihimesama - Youtube

Watched a video of the end credits.

Overall, a good day of hardcore shmuppin'.

I know this is a joke, but if someone wanted to count the first two of these as beaten, I'd be fine with that. :lol:
Return to General Gaming