Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by Fragems Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:01 am

1. Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition(PS4)
2. Infamous First Light(PS4)
3. Drakengard 3(PS3) *Endings 1-4. Ending 5 I watched online due to BS boss.
4. Infamous Second Son(PS4)
5. Thomas Was Alone(PS4)
6. Uncharted Drake's Fortune(PS3) *
7. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves(PS3) *
8. Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception(PS3) *
9. Deadpool(PS3)
10. Red Dead Redemption(360)
11. Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare(360)
12. The Walking Dead Survival Instinct(360)
13. Fuse(360)
14. The Bureau Xcom Declassified(360)
15. Asura's Wrath(360)
16. Beneath a Steel Sky(PC)
17. Soul Gambler(PC)

Soul Gambler

Really short but interesting interactive novel. Probably one of the only ones in my library must have slipped in with an indie bundle :lol: . Anyways the visuals were pretty nicely drawn for the most part and the story while only clocking in at 1 hour was entertaining. Found the whole stat system as kind of pointless though it did add a little bit to the story by opening/closing branches on me a few times but for the most part you can easily breeze through the game making logical choices without having to expend any of your "soul" on wishes/answers. One thing that did bug me though was I noticed a couple of misspelling and grammar issues in the dialogue which I would have expected to have been noticed and fixed a year after the game especially since there have been patches :P.
Last edited by Fragems on Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:51 am

Hobie-wan wrote:
GSZX1337 wrote: Holy shit, talk about a bloated interface. Walk, Look, Talk, Use, Give, Push, Take, and ...Swallow?

Haha, don't go back and play Maniac Mansion then.

I plan on trying that one out as well. At least this one has the excuse of coming out of the 8-bit era. :lol:
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:28 pm

1. Cut the Rope (3DS)
2. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
3. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (XBOX)
4. Jewel Link Chronicles: Mountains of Madness (NDS)
5. Super Mario 3D World (WIIU)
6. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
7. Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS)

Kirby Triple Deluxe is a fun - but very easy - platformer that makes great use of the 3DS's 3D capabilities. Moreover, the game has excellent boss battles, and using Kirby's new ability to inhale giant objects is a lot of fun. The game also features multiple modes, the best of which is DeDeDe's Drum Dash, a rhythm-based platformer starring King DeDeDe and set to some of the Kirby series' best music. There are also a lot of hidden objects to collect, and completing the story mode allows you to play back through the game with King DeDeDe (and a new final boss).

Accordingly, I recommend this game if you are seeking a charming, relaxing, but nonetheless visually exciting, platformer. Despite the main game's relatively short length, the game's stupendous extra features will keep you entertained for a long time.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:38 pm

^ Yeah that game looks great. I'll certainly hit up a few Kirby titles this year.

The scary thing is, I'm not sure if I own Triple Deluxe or not. :shock:
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:16 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:^ Yeah that game looks great. I'll certainly hit up a few Kirby titles this year.

Yeah. It is a lot of fun, and both the music and the 3D effect are amazing.

While I was playing this, I was thinking that I need to play some more Kirby games since I have only beaten Kirby's Dreamland, Kirby's Adventure, Kirby's Avalanche, Kirby Super Star, Kirby 64, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and, most recently, Kirby's Triple Deluxe. Then - after a bit of research - I realized just how many "Kirby" games there are... :shock:
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:23 pm

1. Devil's Attorney (Android) (lawyer strategy) (good game)
2. Resident Evil 5 (360) (survival horror cover shooter) (good game)
3. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (360) (kart racer) (good game)
4. Dragon Quest VIII (PS2) (classic JRPG) (amazing game)
5. Gears of War (360) (dudebro cover shooter) (decent game)
6. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita) (Tomb Raider with a penis) (decent game)
7. Orcs & Elves (DS) (Id style dungeon crawler) (good game)
8. From The Abyss (DS) (simple action-RPG) (decent game)
9. Army of Two (360) (co-op cover shooter) (decent game)
10. Psychic World (Master System) (sadistic platformer) (subpar game)
11. Endless Ocean: Blue World (Wii) (adventure/simulation) (amazing game)
12. Journey to Silius (NES) (sadistic platformer) (decent game)
13. Sword Master (NES) (hack'n'slash platformer) (subpar game)
14. Project: Snowblind (PC) (thinking man's FPS) (good game)
15. Yakyuuken Part II - Gal's Dungeon (Famicom) (stripping maze puzzle) (decent game)
16. Bishoujo Sexy Derby (Famicom) (stripping horse racing) (terrible game)
17. SiN Episodes: Emergence (PC) (amateur hour FPS) (subpar game)
18. Seirei Gari (AKA Ghost Hunter) (NES) (puzzle adventure) (subpar game)
Seirei Gari is one of those old Japanese adventure games where you navigate the world and solve its puzzles through simple menu selections. The interface may be simple, but this game has some of the most illogical inscrutable "puzzles" I've ever seen in this genre. Something to the effect of you can't open a door because you didn't examine an unrelated flower two rooms away three times, that sort of arbitrary nonsense. The game's worth beating with a guide though to experience its wacky supernatural stuff. Seirei Gari is like a nine year old's fever dream of what an adventure game should be. (An English fan translation is available.)
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:02 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:^ Yeah that game looks great. I'll certainly hit up a few Kirby titles this year.

Yeah. It is a lot of fun, and both the music and the 3D effect are amazing.

While I was playing this, I was thinking that I need to play some more Kirby games since I have only beaten Kirby's Dreamland, Kirby's Adventure, Kirby's Avalanche, Kirby Super Star, Kirby 64, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and, most recently, Kirby's Triple Deluxe. Then - after a bit of research - I realized just how many "Kirby" games there are... :shock:

Do you have the Collection on Wii (who am I kidding of course you do)?

2 and 3 are on it. I don't have the actual carts, and I played through the entire Wii Collection last year. Fun times!
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:18 pm

You can never have too much Kirby. :)
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:20 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
Do you have the Collection on Wii (who am I kidding of course you do)?

:lol:

Of course! I actually own most of the Kirby games, but I still need to pick up a few for the Nintendo DS and GBA. (I also still need to get Return to Dreamland at some point, and a cart-only copy of Kirby's Dreamland 3.)
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:29 pm

Yeah, if you're going for Dreamland 3, I'd probably hop on it before the price shoots up yet again. I bought my copy for close to $50. I was willing to pay it because it's the last SA-1 game that I have any interest in, not to mention the last Kirby I didn't have on SNES. I also grabbed Squeak Squad not too long ago for completion's sake... and of course proceeded to play through it again.

I'm actually missing Nightmare in Dreamland, which I might pick up if I see it cheap. I just preferred the NES version overall.

Hope you can find a copy of Return to Dreamland cheap. I think that one is still holding value pretty well.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
Return to General Gaming