Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by Exhuminator Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:45 am

Key-Glyph wrote:But they work as skirts if you have about fifty of them.

Can also work as pantsu suspenders.
dsheinem wrote:I liked Injustice more than MK 2011

I like the offensive environment interactions and changeable weapon types/stances in Injustice quite a bit. I think MK2011 is a bit more visceral in sheer combat though. Both games are about equal in my book (i.e. awesome), and both are equally worth owning.
dsheinem wrote:I am wondering if all the mainline MK games have been pretty decent all along and if I missed out on some stuff I'd have liked by largely ignoring them.
If you were turned off by the N64 and PS1 3D MK games it's understandable. As far as the Deception/Deadly Alliance/Armageddon era is concerned though, all those games are worth playing. Armageddon is my favorite of the bunch though, so much stuff to do in that game.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Exhuminator wrote:Mortal Kombat: Armageddon has the best Konquest mode. It does away with the simplistic tutorial fight missions from Deadly Alliance or the time specific quests and missions from Deception that players weren't even guaranteed to discover. Instead, Armageddon takes a couple of pages from the popular spin-off title Shaolin Monks, providing a linear exploratory adventure while introducing two new characters. It also has Create A Fighter. Make fighters that look like people you hate and beat their face in. Good times. Armageddon is in top three MK games for me.

+1

I have it on the Wii and it's one of those games I seem to play every year.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:21 pm

OMG I JUST READ ABOUT MOTOR KOMBAT

...I had no idea these PS2-era games had mini games. Stoked!

are any of them deep enough to reasonably count as a stand alone entry on the "Games Beaten" list?

Ack, I know I like MK1-3, so the idea is to play the rest prior to TR. I'll play 1-3 that month and shoot for the full mainline series by year's end.

I did lose the faith with PS1/N64 era 3D MK games...and missed a gen's worth of good stuff I guess :?

How's the Dreamcast MK Gold game?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:24 pm

dsheinem wrote:OMG I JUST READ ABOUT MOTOR KOMBAT

...I had no idea these PS2-era games had mini games. Stoked!

are any of them deep enough to reasonably count as a stand alone entry on the "Games Beaten" list?

yes. Motor Kombat is a full on Mario Kart clone game. There's also a Puzzle Fighter clone game as well. These really are full bonus games, not just mini games.

I can't remember which games are where though - some were only on LE's, I believe.
Ack

by Ack Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:25 pm

dsheinem wrote:Ack, I know I like MK1-3, so the idea is to play the rest prior to TR. I'll play 1-3 that month and shoot for the full mainline series by year's end.

Haha, then you and I have the opposite problem! I spent a lot of time with MK but didn't really follow the sequels until Mortal Kombat Trilogy and then went through the various 3D reincarnations to try and get the taste of MK4 out of my mouth. So for me, it'll be about going back to recapture the magic.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:26 pm

All this mortal kombat mini-game talk reminds me of the greatest Mortal Kombat ripoff of all times... PONG KOMBAT!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:29 pm

noiseredux wrote:I can't remember which games are where though - some were only on LE's, I believe.

Hmm, I thought the LE stuff was all video content...maybe w/ports of some of the earlier 2D games, too? I'll be sad if I don't have the mini games. Specifically, I recently bought this:

...they better be there!

By not having the LEs I thought I was just missing stuff I have elsewhere or videos I can find on YouTube...
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:50 pm

Shaolin Monks is a fantastic co-op brawler btw. Had a lot of fun beating it last decade.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Damm64
Next-Gen

by Damm64 Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:43 pm

Now i feel like the only person that didn't like the PS2 era of MK, besides shaolin monks.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:46 pm

dsheinem wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I can't remember which games are where though - some were only on LE's, I believe.

Hmm, I thought the LE stuff was all video content...maybe w/ports of some of the earlier 2D games, too? I'll be sad if I don't have the mini games. Specifically, I recently bought this:

...they better be there!

By not having the LEs I thought I was just missing stuff I have elsewhere or videos I can find on YouTube...

http://www.rfgeneration.com/blogs/noise ... s-1717.php

You are right, bonus stuff is videos and arcade port of MK1. All the good bonus stuff is on the actual game discs.
Return to General Gaming