Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:41 pm

Nice work.

I've had the Natsume NES games on my Wish List for some time. They look great!
nullPointer
128-bit

by nullPointer Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:56 pm

J T wrote:But to finish my Natsume NES tour, I still need to also play Dragon Fighter, Power Blade, Power Blade 2, and The Jetsons: Cogswell's Caper. There's also Dungeon Magic: Sword of the Elements, but I don't have any interest in that one since it looks like it aged horribly.
Oh man the Power Blade games are awesome! I tend to think of them in the same breath as Shatterhand as they are of comparable quality IMO. It's been great to see your thoughts on these great Natsume games, and I look forward to seeing you complete your tour!
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

by RyaNtheSlayA Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:39 pm

Half Life 2: Episode 2 PC

Metal Gear Rising: Revengance

MGR has a lot going for it. It's backed by a powerful license and an excellent developer. However it's clear to see how its long development trouble affected the game. It's still amazingly fun, especially the first half, however it drops off in quality halfway through and has many smaller issues that bring down the experience. It's very short as well, I took my time and clocked a play through at just about 5 hours even.

It has some amazing set pieces and it still feels like a Platinum game. It's far and away their worst game though. It comes nowhere close to Bayonetta. I have my fingers crossed in hopes of a sequel that will fix the issues. Jack the Ripper is a cool ass character and I'd love to cut up more dudes with him sometime soon.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:15 pm

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:It has some amazing set pieces and it still feels like a Platinum game. It's far and away their worst game though.

You haven't played Legend of Korra, have you? >.>
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:34 pm

nullPointer wrote:It's been great to see your thoughts on these great Natsume games, and I look forward to seeing you complete your tour!

Thanks! I'm glad to know others enjoy following along from outside. I pay attention to what others post in the 'Games Beaten' threads and I decided that the lists I like to see are ones that mix in a lot of older titles with some newer titles, especially hard games or lesser known gems. I especially like watching BoneSnapDeez go through a series, like Ys, or playing multiple ports of a classic title like Donkey Kong or Jungle Hunt. It's also been fun to see Sarge knocking off some of the great white whales of the NES era that most people never see the credits roll for. MrPopo also kills it in the RPG arena with games that I find intimidating because of their required time commitment.

I decided my own list typically doesn't look like the ones I like reading, so I decided to do something about that and Natsume seemed like a good starting place. I think I'm going to take a short break and play through Never Alone before getting into more Natsume, but then Power Blade will be up next. I remember playing it as a rental long ago and I liked it quite a bit. I may have even beaten it back then, but I'm not 100% certain. It should be fun to play again, either way.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:49 pm

J T wrote:Ys

Stay tuned. There will be more of this.

Or maybe I should say "more of thys."
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:56 pm

many people say, "Wise," most people say, "Ease," but how many people say, "is?"
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

by RyaNtheSlayA Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:15 pm

isiolia wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:It has some amazing set pieces and it still feels like a Platinum game. It's far and away their worst game though.

You haven't played Legend of Korra, have you? >.>

Forgot it even existed. :lol:
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:47 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:many people say, "Wise," most people say, "Ease," but how many people say, "is?"

I used to pronounce it Y.S. ("why-ess") like it was an acronym.

I was a weird kid.

It's supposed to be "eese." French people have confirmed it for me.
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:20 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:many people say, "Wise," most people say, "Ease," but how many people say, "is?"

I used to pronounce it Y.S. ("why-ess") like it was an acronym.

I was a weird kid.

It's supposed to be "eese." French people have confirmed it for me.

I feel most people, pre-internet, would have pronounced it "why-ess".
Return to General Gaming