Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by Fragems »

1. Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition(PS4)(Good)
2. Infamous First Light(PS4)(Good)
3. Drakengard 3(PS3) *Endings 1-4. Ending 5 I watched online due to BS boss.(Good except for the boss of the final alternate branch ending who can go burn in a firey hell :lol: )
4. Infamous Second Son(PS4)(Good)
5. Thomas Was Alone(PS4)(Great)
6. Uncharted Drake's Fortune(PS3) *(Good)
7. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves(PS3) *(Great)
8. Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception(PS3) **(Good)
9. Deadpool(PS3)(Great)
10. Red Dead Redemption(360)(Good)
11. Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare(360)(Okay)
12. The Walking Dead Survival Instinct(360)(Shit)
13. Fuse(360)(Okay)
14. The Bureau Xcom Declassified(360)(Okay)
15. Asura's Wrath(360)(Great)
16. Beneath a Steel Sky(PC)(Good)
17. Soul Gambler(PC)(Okay)
19. Harvester(PC)(Good, but disturbing)
20. Coma: Mortuary(PC)(Shit)
21. Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure(PC)(Good)
22. Freedom Planet(PC)(Great)
23. Tropico 3 Steam Special Edition(PC)(Great)
24. Far Cry 4(PS3)(Okay kinda meh)
25. Shellshock 2 Blood Trails(360)(Shit)
26. Grand Theft Auto V(PC)(Great)
27. Shadow of Mordor(PS4)(Great)
28. Call of Duty Advanced Warfare(PS4)(Okay)
29. Fallout 3(PC)- Great
30. Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage(DLC)(PC)- Crap
31. Fallout 3: Broken Steel(DLC)(PC)- Okay
32. Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta(DLC)(PC)- Buggy Crap
33. Fallout 3: Point Lookout(DLC)(PC)- Great
34. Dying Light(Xbox One)- Great
35. Sunset Overdrive(Xbox One)- Great
36. Murdered Soul Suspect(Xbox One)- Okay
37. Ryse Son of Rome(Xbox One)- Great
38. Halo Anniversary Edition(Xbox One Master Chief Collection)- Good
39. Halo 2 Anniversary(Xbox One Master Chief Collection)- Okay
40. Halo 3(Xbox One Master Chief Collection)- Great
41. Halo 4(Xbox One Master Chief Collection)- Great
42. A Story About My Uncle(PC)- Okay
43. Valiant Hearts(XB1 GWG)- Great
44. Halo 5 (XB1)- (SP) Okay (MP) Seems good need more time to be sure though.

Halo 5

SP

The Good:
1. Game play is still solid.
2. Changes to the game play are minimal. Pretty much the main differences are you now have a booster pack which can let you hover while aiming, ground pound, boost dodge, and do boost melees when running. You also constantly have 3 AI or Player characters that stick with you in the campaign and the up direction button gives basic orders like move here or shoot that guy.
3. It looks pretty.
4. You get to see the Elite home world for a few interesting levels and the situation with the covenant from the last game is explained a bit.

The Bad:
1. The game is way to easy. You now have 4 sets of guns in every fight, you can be revived if downed unless you get ran over or hit with a really heavy weapon, enemies are more about numbers then intelligence, and the bosses blow since it's the same guy over and over just with clones to up the difficulty :P.
2. The AI is horrible. Your only two command are move here and shoot that guy. The bots are just as bad as the enemies and tend to just run around in the open. They are also pretty bad at prioritizing targets and seem to go off and do their own thing as opposed to sticking close to you.
3. They really put all their cards on Locke for every mission you have with the chief 2-3 Locke missions. Literally half of the game Chief and Blue Team is literally walking in circles(pretty much waiting for Lockes story to catch up :lol: ) in a facility according to the narrative.
4. There isn't a set piece at the end of the game like you would have expected. Really there isn't any memorable game play sequences in the entire game as far as I can remember it's just average quality halo foot and vehicle sections.
Unless walking/crawling from point A to B counts :roll: .

5. This game has the weakest antagonist in the entire series. Mainly because you don't interact with them much.
6. Story is very complex with a ton of characters many of which aren't introduced or explained if you haven't played previous games or read the books. Blue teams entire introduction is they are childhood friends of Chief's their stories don't expand past that.
7. Introduction doesn't really ease you into the game it's straight into the action with only a minor tutorial for the new boost abilities and the one button team commands.

The Broken:
1. Be sure to hard boot your system after install otherwise the checkpoint save system won't work properly. Check points still work it just means you can stop in the middle of a mission unless you want to replay the whole level when you come back.

MP

Haven't played enough to really review it, but so far I'm really liking warzone which is a mix of base control, slayer, and mini side quest with AI enemies. I however am a little worried about the REQ packs which are basically random card packs which give you one time use items(weapons, vehicles, and etc.) as well as cosmetic items and XP boosts. Really I like how the cards work in game with the resource tier system within each match, plus I like the excitement of opening a booster pack or two after each round, but I don't like the fact that they are completely random and can be purchased with cash($2-3 a pop). The cards can really alter the course of a match and the fact that they are stripped out of the arena mode which is what they are basically wanting MLG to stick with shows that there are balancing issues thanks to that.

Edit: Turns out my numbers were wrong about the Chief levels he is only playable in 3/15 missions so 80% of the game is Locke's team.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

No conquest to speak of yet, just a gripe on what I'm working on.

In my Animal Crossing: Wild World game it's been a looooooooong time since Tom Nook's store upgraded, so I was beginning to wonder what the deal was. Apparently the final expansion is dependent on finding a friend with an AC:WW cartridge and locally connecting. Connecting over wi-fi might have worked too -- I'm unsure because this game was a serendipitous cart-only acquisition so I don't have a manual -- but that's a moot point anyway, given that the DS servers are gone. There are no alternatives for this. Boooo!

I get that this game was released in 2005 and it's now a decade later, but I don't think it's unreasonable to wish that games like these would refrain from making connectivity a requirement for stuff. It really cripples the experience. I wonder if there are other aspects I'll miss out on? Are there certain bugs or fish that will never show up in my town unless a friend drops by? Will I never be able to complete my museum exhibits for Blathers?!

At least my house is flippin' sweet, I'll tell you what.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

Key, I believe the technical term for the solution to your issue is called, "Sequels".

Going forward I don't think it'll be as much of an issue since we have standardized online networks and games being cut off are now due to individual publishers, rather than backbone services. Pretty much everyone is running their own stuff now.

Also, the manual gives no specifics about any of the upgrade systems, just that they're possible.

To be fair, I think Nintendo was very cognizant that they didn't control those online services and didn't make anything reliant upon them that didn't need to be. (Unlike some other online services)

Local play is still possible. Just gotta do the logistics.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Cronozilla wrote:Going forward I don't think it'll be as much of an issue since we have standardized online networks and games being cut off are now due to individual publishers, rather than backbone services. Pretty much everyone is running their own stuff now.

Well, unless your online network is called Games for Windows Live.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

Cronozilla wrote:Key, I believe the technical term for the solution to your issue is called, "Sequels".
I actually typed the following line in my original post but decided to take it out:

"I know, I know... just by New Leaf." :lol:

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
Flake

Post by Flake »

1/3: Super Mario Bros 2: Lost Levels (Luigi Run) (3DS VC/NES)
1/4: Super Mario Bros. (Wii / All-Stars)
1/15: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
1/20: Super Mario Kart 8 (WiiU)
1/28: Super Mario 3D World (WiiU)
2/15: Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon (3DS)
2/15: Super Mario Land (3DS VC/GB)
2/16: Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (3DS VC/GB)
3/3: Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land (3DS VC/GB)
3/13: Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS4)
3/23: Metroid Prime (Wii)
4/18: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Wii)
5/3: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)
5/10: Donkey Kong Country (WiiU VC/SNES)
5/16: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Hyper Stone Heist (GEN)
5/23: Mario Party 10 (WiiU)
5/25: New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
6/18: Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
8/9: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (WiiU VC/SNES)
9/5: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
9/11: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (3DS VC/GBC)
10/22: Splatoon (WiiU)
10/27: Street Figher Alpha (Arcade/PS2)

A recent necro-bump of an excellent thread by CD AGES made me bust out the old Street Fighter Alpha collection for PS2 and take a closer look at the games, starting with the original Street Fighter Alpha.

I don't have a lot of say about it other than I kinda get why this game is lost in the shuffle and omitted from almost every conversation about Street Fighter's influence on the fighting game genre. It's really basic, the art is underwhelming, the backgrounds are surprisingly static with less animation than even the original World Warriors, and I felt no urge to go back and beat it again after clearing Sagat with Ryu. I know that Sagat is not really the 'true' boss but the game isn't compelling enough to make me reach Bison or Akuma.

I wish I could remember this game's critical response when the title hit arcades but Alpha 2 is the first of the series that I remember having any impression of. Maybe there is a reason for that?
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Flake, you realize that Street Fighter isn't a Nintendo IP, right? Did you mean to play this game?
Flake

Post by Flake »

noiseredux wrote:Flake, you realize that Street Fighter isn't a Nintendo IP, right? Did you mean to play this game?

Ryu was added to Smash Bros recently so in my defense, this was an honest mistake.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Flake wrote:Ryu was added to Smash Bros recently

I think that Retrofits the entire Street Fighter series into being a Nintendo IP.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

Ack wrote:
Cronozilla wrote:Going forward I don't think it'll be as much of an issue since we have standardized online networks and games being cut off are now due to individual publishers, rather than backbone services. Pretty much everyone is running their own stuff now.

Well, unless your online network is called Games for Windows Live.

I wouldn't consider GFWL a network that's being used going forward considering it's been all but abandoned for a few years.

Key-Glyph wrote:
Cronozilla wrote:Key, I believe the technical term for the solution to your issue is called, "Sequels".
I actually typed the following line in my original post but decided to take it out:

"I know, I know... just by New Leaf." :lol:

It has improvements too. So, there's that.

It's not that you can't complete the stuff you're missing, you just have to find people to help you out. If you're ever going to a convention, put out some feelers.