Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by Stark Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:32 pm

Ack wrote:
noiseredux wrote:Stark, Ack... start it over and

look under the bed.

I did. Also, try this:

Look in the trunk of the car and check the lock on the front door.

I feel like we should have a spoiler IRC. What is the correct ending? I did the thing you suggested noise, quite a interesting take on text adventures. Bogus needs to play it.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:22 pm

Stark wrote:
Ack wrote:
noiseredux wrote:Stark, Ack... start it over and

look under the bed.

I did. Also, try this:

Look in the trunk of the car and check the lock on the front door.

I feel like we should have a spoiler IRC. What is the correct ending? I did the thing you suggested noise, quite a interesting take on text adventures. Bogus needs to play it.

I HAVE AND I LOVED IT AS WAS STATED IN MY ALL CAPS HOMAGE TO THE BIRTHDAY BOYS TODAY! IT IS A GREAT TEXT BASED ADVENTURE GAME. I STILL AM RAVING THAT PEOPLE SHOULD PLAY A FULL LENGTH MODERN TEXT BASED ADVENTURE GAME CALLED BLUE LACUNA! IT IS REALLY GOOD!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:35 pm

Look bro, I love you, but I have not read a garshdarn thing past the first sentence in those paragraphs of hell.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:38 pm

Stark wrote:Look bro, I love you, but I have not read a garshdarn thing past the first sentence in those paragraphs of hell.

IT'S OKAY STARK! I LOVE YOU TOO! THIS WILL ALL GO AWAY WHEN THE DAY IS DONE. THEN THE CURSE WILL BE LIFTED AND MY CAPS LOCK WILL NO LONGER BE JAMMED WITH SOME SORT OF CHEESE SPREAD.....OR FOOT FUNGUS...OR WHATEVER IT IS..
....WAIT...
....IT'S CHEESE SPREAD.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:45 pm

Didn't you post in not all caps when you got that soundtrack LP?
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:59 pm

MrPopo wrote:Didn't you post in not all caps when you got that soundtrack LP?

YES BUT I LATER RESCINDED MY SENTIMENTS, AS I THINK THE MAILMAN LOGGED IN AS ME THROUGH HIS PHONE AND POSTED IT, BECAUSE I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE HUGGED HIM!

MrPopo

by MrPopo Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:35 am

First 50:

51. Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne - PC
52. Starflight - PC
53. Skies of Arcadia - Dreamcast
54. Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 - PC
55. Super Star Wars - SNES
56. Shadowrun: Hong Kong - PC
57. Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel - PC
58. The Catacomb - PC
59. Azure Striker Gunvolt - 3DS
60. Mighty Gunvolt - 3DS
61. Catacomb Abyss - PC
62. Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - PC
63. Strike Suit Zero - Director's Cut - PC
64. Wolfenstein 3D Spear of Destiny - PC
65. StarCraft - PC

Another game I've owned forever but never legitimately beat until now. It helps that these days I understand the economic theory of RTS's and so know how to maximize my unit production.

Oh man, the pathfinding is SO BAD. It was frustrating back in the day, but we didn't realize just how bad it was until we got some good pathfinding like in modern RTS's. I actually found myself not using certain units when possible because I didn't want to deal with their pathing. But aside from that the general mechanics still hold up really well. There's a good spread of units that all have a use at one point or another. Some missions definitely guide you towards one unit or another, but otherwise use what you like.

Something that's interesting now that I look back on it is that your opponents across the campaigns are rather unbalanced. The Terran campaign ends up having Terrans as the primary enemy. Out of the nine non-installation missions two are tutorials that are technically against the Zerg, but I don't count those. So of the seven left you fight two against the Zerg, one against the Protoss, and four against the Terrans. It ends up making your Firebats and Vultures pretty meh, through the campaign, which is unfortunate. And there's one mission you can finish in a minute because Defensive Matrix is hilariously OP.

The Zerg campaign has a better spread. You have three missions against Terrans, four against the Protoss, and a single one against the Zerg (and that's only because they go crazy due to Zasz dying). The Protoss campaign is seven against the Zerg and two against the Protoss; you don't even fight the Terrans aside from a triggered event in one mission that sends a squadron of Wraiths and a Battlecruiser against you. It all makes sense in the context of the story, but from the perspective of training you to go out and do multiplayer it's pretty terrible.

I don't think I'm going to take on Brood War just yet. As I recall the Brood War campaign is overall harder and the final mission is essentially a reverse of the final original campaign mission. In the original campaign the final mission is you with two bases surrounding the Zerg in the middle (which lets you build up a satisfying giant attack force and pincer them for ultimate victory). The last Zerg mission of Brood War has you as the Zerg base in the middle surrounded by three enemy bases. I'm sure it's doable, I just don't have the energy for it.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:46 pm

1. Cut the Rope (3DS)
2. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
3. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (XBOX)
4. Jewel Link Chronicles: Mountains of Madness (NDS)
5. Super Mario 3D World (WIIU)
6. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
7. Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS)
8. Gunman Clive (3DS)
9. Child of Light (WIIU)
10. Gunman Clive 2 (3DS)
11. Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (WIIU)
12. Shifting World (3DS)
13. VVVVVV (3DS)
14. Mega Man 9 (PS3)
15. Mighty Switch Force 2 (WIIU)
16. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (PS3)
17. Castle Crashers (PS3)
18. Pushmo (3DS)
19. Steamworld Dig (3DS)
20. The Unfinished Swan (PS3)
21. Blaster Master (NES)
22. Samurai Shodown II (NEOGEO/PS2)
23. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (2600)
24. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS3)
25. Shining Force II (GEN)
26. Rayman Legends (WIIU)
27. Gorf (ARCADE)
28. Fairune (3DS)
29. Mighty Gunvolt (3DS)
30. Ikachan (3DS)
31. Block Boy! (3DS)
32. Legend of the Dark Witch (3DS)
33. R-Type Delta (PS1)
34. Half-Life (PS2)
35. Soul of Darkness (3DS)
36. Cubit the Hardcore Platforming Robot (3DS)
37. Alien on the Run (3DS)
38. Bit.Trip Presents...Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (WIIU)
39. Hazumi (3DS)
40. Aaru's Awakening (PS3)
41. Teslagrad (PS3)
42. Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess (PS3)
43. Year Walk (Wii U)
44. Xeodrifter (3DS)

Xeodrifter (3DS) is a fun 2D action platformer developed by Renegade Kid (the creator of Dementium, Mutant Mudds, etc.) and strongly influenced by Nintendo's Metroid (NES). While it lasts, the game is fun and legitimately challenging. Moreover, it nails the Metroid formula perfectly. It is very short, however, and there is not much variety in the bosses, enemies, or levels. Accordingly, it ends up feeling a bit uninspired, and I would have been disappointed if I spent more than $5 on it. I didn't, however, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a quick, no-frills "metroidvania" fix. (Also, the game make spectacular use of the 3DS's 3D effct, and I highly recommend playing it on that platform.)
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:45 am

I really need to play through the second loop of Metal Storm. I beat the regular game years ago and think I'd like to take on its next challenge.

prfsnl_gmr wrote:That is nuts. I guess some people are just suckers for punishment.

That's what NES games are all about. ;)
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Damm64
Next-Gen

by Damm64 Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:14 am

1- Heavenly Sword (Ps3)
2- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
3- Sonic Generations (Ps3)
4- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
5- Legend of Zelda: Link between worlds (3DS)
6- Castlevania: Mirror of Fate (3DS)
7- Pokemón Crystal (GBC)
8- Pokemón Fire Red (GBA)
9- Pokémon Y (3DS)*
10- Duke Nukem Forever (PS3)
11- New Super Mario Bros (DS)
12- Dishonored (PS3)
13- Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
14- House of the dead overkill (Ps3)
15- The Evil Within (PS3)
16- Portal 2 (PS3)
17- Ratchet & Clank (PS3)
18- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (PS3)
19- Adventure Time: Hey Ice king why did you steal our garbage? (3DS)
20- Ratchet & Clank: Up your Arsenal (PS3)
21- Darksiders 2 (PS3)
22- Metal Gear Solid (PlayStation)
23- Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS3)
24- Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS3)

So despite the few rants i had in RGT i don't hate this game, i just hated the BS parts a bbit more because i made it myself more harder intentionally and unintentionally. So this was my first ever playthrough of the game and since the game keep saying "This is a sneaking mission Snake!" I decided to go full sneaking mode and not kill anyone... first i tough "I will let myself kill the bosses with guns" but after i "killed" the first two bosses with only the tranquilizer gun i decided to do the same with the rest.. boy that made the game interesting. Now my unintentional way of making the game harder was not using the life medicine that basically works like the ration's on the other two game... i totally forgot that existed.. im pretty sure the game tells you about it but i forgot and that made some bosses (The Fury and The Boss) more tricky than they should be. All those things plus being new at the game and having that freaking final chase with motocicles and hoverboards and you can only shoot with the damn tranquilizer gun, i had the sniper rifle from The End but i dont like that kind of weapon in high speed sections.

Now i recommend this DO NOT DO WHAT I DID :lol: seriously that kinda removed some of my enjoyment from the game. Now that i beat it im watching a lets play and the game has a bunch of tricks under its sleeve to make everything easier even on higher difficulties.

A lot of people clain this is the best one but i had more fun with the first one for the campiness in the cutscenes, this one is campy as well but i prefer the original, i can see myself liking more the game after more playthroughs since some problems have diferent solutions and that would make almost every play diferent from the last.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

Return to General Gaming