Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by noiseredux Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:23 pm

@Ack:

12. Among The Sleep (PC)

For my birthday last year, my sister funded Among The Sleep in my name on Kickstarter. Funny thing, last year, I didn't own a PC able to play it haha.

I loaded it up tonight and got sucked in, and beat it in one 4-hour sitting.

It's sort of like Amnesia. No fighting. Just hiding and navigating. There were several "oh shit' moments that really made me jump. The story gets really F'd up and disturbing by the end #nospoilers.

I'd recommend it, though it is short for the price.

BTW, was bummed that the credits have my sister's name instead of mine due to some mis-communication. :\
Ack

by Ack Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:30 pm

Great minds think alike, Noise.

Luke wrote:Just razzing a few of you guys, but some lists read like:

1) Street Fightr II (w/ Ken)
2) Street Fighter II (w/ Blanka)
3)Street Fighter II (w/Ryu)
4) Street Fighter II (w/Dhalsim)
5) Street Fighter II (w/ Chun-li)
6) Street Fighter II (w/ Guile)
7) Super street fighter II (w/Guile)
8) Super street fighter II (w/ Blanka)
9) Golden Axe, w/ warrior
10) Golden Axe w/ dwarf
11) Grand Theft Auto V, the first mission
12) Grand theft Auto V, the second mission
13)Grand Theft Auto V, the first DLC mission
14) Grand Theft Auto V, the second DLC mission
15) Grand Theft Auto V, the second mission but with a different outfit/skin

Yeah, my list reads a bit like this, but every title named is either a different game or a separate expansion pack in the same series, like all 6 of the Catacomb games, or Alien Shooter and both expansions, the F.E.A.R. expansions, the Quake II expansions, the Jedi Knight expansion, etc.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Kidpanda
64-bit

by Kidpanda Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:47 pm

R-type - PCB
I had been struggling with this one off and on for about 10 years, played it on various ports/collections. I get the PCB last week and load it into a cab yesterday. Second play I 1cc it. I don't think R-type needs any introduction, either you love it, or you despise it.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:54 pm

Kidpanda wrote:R-type - PCB
I had been struggling with this one off and on for about 10 years, played it on various ports/collections. I get the PCB last week and load it into a cab yesterday. Second play I 1cc it. I don't think R-type needs any introduction, either you love it, or you despise it.

It is my favorite shmup. I have never 1CC'ed it (and I probably never will), but I love it to death.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:56 pm

I've been playing it a bit on my SMS and I'm surprised by how much flicker there is, especially since Gradius on the NES has none.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:01 pm

Luke wrote:Just razzing a few of you guys, but some lists read like:

1) Street Fightr II (w/ Ken)
2) Street Fighter II (w/ Blanka)
3)Street Fighter II (w/Ryu)
4) Street Fighter II (w/Dhalsim)
5) Street Fighter II (w/ Chun-li)
6) Street Fighter II (w/ Guile)
7) Super street fighter II (w/Guile)
8) Super street fighter II (w/ Blanka)
9) Golden Axe, w/ warrior
10) Golden Axe w/ dwarf
11) Grand Theft Auto V, the first mission
12) Grand theft Auto V, the second mission
13)Grand Theft Auto V, the first DLC mission
14) Grand Theft Auto V, the second DLC mission
15) Grand Theft Auto V, the second mission but with a different outfit/skin

Sounds like mine!
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:10 pm

I'm just playing around wit'cha guys.

I have exactly no DLC for any game. Expansion packs? Sure. For Doom 3 I bought "The erection of evil" or something like that. It was basically a minigame. I wouldn't count it on my list, but the thing about this page is that you are welcome to make your list the way you want to.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:21 pm

we've had this conversation like 30 times, but a lot of modern "DLC" is straight up expansions that can be full games in their own right lasting dozens of hours.
Ack

by Ack Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:26 pm

Luke wrote:I'm just playing around wit'cha guys.

I have exactly no DLC for any game. Expansion packs? Sure. For Doom 3 I bought "The erection of evil" or something like that. It was basically a minigame. I wouldn't count it on my list, but the thing about this page is that you are welcome to make your list the way you want to.

See, that's the cool thing about the ones I've been playing. Most of them have been full length games in their own right. F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate was about the same length as the original F.E.A.R., ran alongside the plot of it and the first expansion, and offered bonus missions afterward for more replayability. Mysteries of the Sith was a full-length expansion played mostly as Mara Jade, while the Quake II expansions were about half as long as the original game but offered way more challenge with some new and nasty enemies. It all really depends on the expansion.

Conversely, I tend not to go back and replay much when I finish, so of the 40 games on my list, only two were things I had ever beaten before this year. I like the freshness of it all.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:48 pm

I know we've had this discussion before. I like pointing out why I like this thread. You can use save states, emulators, cheats, whatever...It's about beating a game.
Return to General Gaming