Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by Sarge Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:59 am

Soul Blazer is tons of fun. Terranigma is one of my favorite action-RPGs of all time. You can't go wrong with either.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
Ack

by Ack Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:15 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
pierrot wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:bro did you play Soul Blazer first?

Soul-- Blazer? Nope, not ringing any bells.

He wants the D.

I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Markies
128-bit

by Markies Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:59 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:bro did you play Soul Blazer first?

Unfortunately, I did not. I still need to find it. However, that game has skyrocketed on my want list and I will hopefully be picking it up sooner rather than later.

Exhuminator wrote:
Markies wrote:I can't wait to play other Quintet games!!

SoulBlazer is the best. I haven't played enough The Granstream Saga to have an opinion about it. Terranigma is an alright game but rather overrated overall. (Now excuse me while I run from the pitchforks.)

The only other Quintet game I have is ActRaiser and I still haven't played that yet. But, I have heard great things about SoulBlazer, so so words about Granstream Saga and that Terranigma is either overrated or fantastic. In fact, I know some guy who played through Terranigma recently and thought it was a little overrated as well.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:05 am

Ah, I forgot about the original ActRaiser. I remember beating that entire game in one night when I was twelve years old. So that means it must be both short and quite fun. From what I can recall it was really good.

ActRaiser 2... your mileage may vary.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:37 pm

ActRaiser 2 is just disappointing on so many levels. It's unfair, has a pretty terrible control scheme, and has no sim elements at all.

ActRaiser is a game that is greater than the sum of its parts. There's something about the fusion of sim and action elements that makes it great, even if neither are sterling examples of the genres. It's also got one of the best soundtracks of all time.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:51 pm

I thought Act Raiser 2 was fantastic, so ymmv indeed! :lol:
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:53 pm

I haven't finished either one. Part 1 I enjoy, I just haven't put in the time yet. I thought the sequel was terrible. :?
Ack

by Ack Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:55 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I haven't finished either one. Part 1 I enjoy, I just haven't put in the time yet. I thought the sequel was terrible. :?

I've beaten the first ActRaiser but not the second. It's the diving mechanics that get me in it. I just haven't put in the time to pull them off consistently.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:12 pm

That very well may be my problem. My enjoyment is very much eroded by the control scheme. I suspect if I could ever get the hang of it, I might even be praising it from the rooftops.

I mean, I used to hate fighting games, too, but I practiced and got good at them, and now I like them. So it's not inconceivable, anyway.
pierrot
Next-Gen

by pierrot Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:00 pm

Ack wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:
pierrot wrote:Soul-- Blazer? Nope, not ringing any bells.

He wants the D.

Hmmm--. No, I have D. I don't feel like that fits in context.
Return to General Gaming