Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:31 pm

Exhuminator wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:I therefore recommend this game very highly to anyone who is a fan of classic ARPGs, especially at the $3 price point.

$3 is quite cheap. But the game is free on Google Play and iTunes:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rune&hl=en

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fairune ... 32419?mt=8

Sounds like a fun time though! I'll go ahead and throw it on my phone.

I know. I know. IMO, however, the buttons controls and 3DS-exclusive extra features more than justify the price of admission.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:41 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:3DS-exclusive extra features

Huh, what features are those? I read the 3DS version has one exclusive item and that was it. Here's some good news for ya though:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/02/08/fa ... tendo-3ds/
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:00 pm

Exhuminator wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:3DS-exclusive extra features

Huh, what features are those? I read the 3DS version has one exclusive item and that was it. Here's some good news for ya though:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/02/08/fa ... tendo-3ds/

It has an exclusive dungeon with a few extra puzzles. (I knocked it out in 15-20 minutes, however; so, I wouldn't purchase the game for that feature.) Also, the additional item is very, very well-hidden - but necessary for filling out your bestiary. (I am not sure whether the bestiary and "achievements" are exclusive to the 3DS version or not.) For me, however, the button controls and the (incredibly helpful) map on the top screen justified the game's price. (I also use my phone primarily for work, and I do not keep any games on it.)

Also, I read about Fairune II, and I will definitely be getting it based on my experiences with the first game.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:05 pm

You have me intrigued prfsnl, I am installing it on my phone right now.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:14 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:You have me intrigued prfsnl, I am installing it on my phone right now.

Cool. I will be interested in reading your comments on the game. Here is Nintendolife's review, which is pretty spot-on:

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds-eshop/fairune

(The reviewer is apparently better at video games than I am, however, since he was able to beat the game in just under two hours.)
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:23 pm

Is it really free for iOS or are there required in app purchases?
KayJay
24-bit

by KayJay Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Beat a lot of games in the past 30 days.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) 9/10. Great game.

Metroid Fusion (9/10) Really underrated. swaps the exploration of Metroid for a guns drawn, shooter game. Reminds me a lot of the movie "Aliens" in contrast to "Alien"

Metroid Prime (8.5/10) Just as good as i remembered it. I didn't like all the backtracking, though.
Currently Playing: Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd (PS3)
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:24 pm

Ooh, good games all right there. Obviously. :)

If you're interested in some dissection of Fusion, Jeremy Parish has been breaking the game down on his blog. Might be interesting to read, especially since you just finished it.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:51 pm

darsparx wrote:See what of the side missions I have done in knight don't bug me even if they are somewhat repititive, my problem is i hate the race/chase parts though since I stink at controlling the car especially the race parts where riddler controls the crushers(his part in this and origins remeinds me of DK64 so it doesn't bug me so much on the collectathon parts of it since I enjoyed that...I really am determined to beat this one though and I may just attempt to 100% it if I can control where I go this time around without hitting that one major roadblock that prevents a lot of progress(especially since it helps with getting upgrades quicker doing all the side missions)

The very first Riddler race made me want to chuck my controller through the TV. Took me an hour to 3 star it for my upgrade point. The races are just bush league, and show a developer that knows nothing about driving games...trying to do a driving game. The handling on the Batmobile is some of the worst handling of any car in any game I've ever played.

I HATE the Riddler in this game. He is so obnoxious, and I'm tired of the Arkham City formula of every Batman game having fifty thousand Riddler trophies and challenges to do. If you pull up the map after all the Riddler stuff is revealed, there's literally green EVERYWHERE, like the map has green measles. And you'll likely need a faq and a youtube guide to find and get them all. Does Rocksteady know what the word overkill means?

And I hate, hate, really freaking HATE tank battles, which is the one thing keeping me from seeing the "true" ending as that side mission where you have to do multiple survival mode battles against them is infuriating.

Also, the way the story treats the Bat family...my god.

They all come across like losers. Nightwing is easily captured by Penguin...who later gets the drop on him AGAIN. He also gets the stuffing beaten out of him by Harley in her DLC. Jason Todd is a big whiny juvenile baby throughout the whole story. "I ran off and went after the Joker by myself, against your orders, like an idiot and got captured and tortured for it. Somehow this is your fault Batman and now I hate you and want to kill you and have Oracle murdered!" :roll: "Oh, and I want Gotham destroyed too just for the hell of it!" Barbara is basically just a victim and a damsel in distress in this game. Robin is the only one who gets to look reasonably good in this game...but that's it. I guess Rocksteady likes Tim Drake
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:26 am

Last night right at 10pm when I had settled down to play Other M, the freaking electricity went out for no apparent reason. So I reported the outage to my power company, and then realized I had installed Fairune on my phone earlier in the day. So I loaded that up while sitting on the couch in my pitch black living room.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:(The reviewer is apparently better at video games than I am, however, since he was able to beat the game in just under two hours.)

And after playing Fairune for two hours, I'm 100% sure that reviewer was playing with a walkthrough in tow. There's no way in hell he flew threw the game that fast on his own considering the obscurity of some of the puzzles in this game.

Fairune's pretty decent, I'll probably finish it up today.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Return to General Gaming