Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by laurenhiya21 »

1/10: Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP (Steam)
1/10: Rusty's Real Deal Baseball: Bat & Switch (3DS DL)
1/11: Time Fcuk (Steam)
1/11: Coil (Steam)
1/17: Portal 2 (Steam)
1/31: Tales of Xillia (PS3) (re-beat 3/31)
2/12: Tokyo Jungle (PSN)
2/22: LoZ: Four Swords Anniversary Edition (3DS DL)
4/25: Stanley Parable (Steam)
4/28: BattleBlock Theatre (Steam)
5/3: Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (Wii)
5/9: Excite Truck (Wii)
5/14: Elebits (Wii)
5/26: Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 (DS)
6/9: Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (PSN)
6/11: Tappingo (3DS DL)
6/15: Galaga Legions DX (PSN)

Total: 17 games

Hm... Galaga Legions DX wasn't bad. It's a simple, fast-paced, twin-stick shooter where you shoot as many enemies as you can before the time runs out. It's really nice to shoot at everything with a lot of explosions and flashy colours, but unfortunately a lot of the enemy pattern repeat a lot. Plus it's a bit on the short side (10 levels w/ plus time trials for each). I didn't mind super much since I only paid $1 for it, but if it was much more I would of been a little disappointed. Playing as Pac-Man with Pac-Man ghosts was kind of cool though!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Sarge wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:
ExedExes wrote:Made by Natsume, you know they always put out good stuff.

They put out S.C.A.T.

I see what you did there.

To be clear, I love all of Natsume's NES games. It was definitely one of the best developers of the era.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:To be clear, I love all of Natsume's NES games. It was definitely one of the best developers of the era.

Oh, I know you were having fun. :)

I still wonder if they've got some connection to Sunsoft, either through a former developer or something, or just taking those games and reverse-engineering what they did. They really do feel like Sunsoft stuff, especially the way a lot of the physics are handled.
Westane
32-bit

Post by Westane »

This year, so far, I've beaten...

Kirby's Adventure
Tecmo Super Bowl
A Boy and his Blob
Mega Man 3
River City Ransom
StarTropics
Super C
Super Mario Bros. 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II
Duck Tales (NES)
Faxanadu
Mega Man 2
Super Dodge Ball
Bionic Commando
Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
Contra
Final Fantasy
Rygar
The Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge
Duck Tales (GB)
Final Fantasy Legend
Gargoyle's Quest
Kid Dracula (GB)
Kirby's Block Ball
Mega Man V (GB)
Pokemon Trading Card Game
Street Fighter Alpha (GBC)
Super Mario Land

Arkham Asylum (PS3)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS4)

And, thanks to the Steam sale I was finally able to beat HuniePop... twice... Nikki is my waifu... *backs away slowly*
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Nice to see somebody keepin' it retro.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Nice to see somebody keepin' it retro.

Hey! I'd have more posts but Shining Force II is really long and getting 3000 points in Kaboom! is really hard.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

I've been playing 7800 stuff mixed in with PC/DS/TR so keep it quiet.

oh, and Radar Lock on the 2600
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Hey, I was doin' NES stuff right up until I started playing Pillars of Eternity and Majora. And I'm back to it with the Natsume classics. :) Planning on finishing Pillars this weekend, I think it can happen.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

In my defense, my NES, SuFami, and Genesis are all not working... and those are all my retro consoles (unless PS1 stuff is retro?). If my SuFami was working at least, I'd be playing the heck out of that. Don't have a lot of games for the other two, but the ones I do have I still want to play :(
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Whoo! Finally finished Pillars of Eternity.

So, overall, I enjoyed it. I think my machine was a little slow, it made for some really long loading times in between areas. I had to be really patient. Final save time was somewhere between 60-65 hours. Only thing I didn't do was the songbird quest, the Master Below, and the Berath quests.

So, ending stuff. Time for the good ol' spoilers tags...

So, the game took a really... well, anti-religious bent at the end. And I mean, yeah, it's a fictional universe, and a good comparison is probably something like the Greek gods or something. The game basically treats its obviously-existing "gods" as false gods. As something created. I'm cool with that, actually.

It's the other part of the picture. The implication that there is nothing beyond that. That there are no gods. And much of the discussion in the last bits very much reads like a sort of atheist treatise, as it were. Which is fine, if a little banal in the end. In a lot of ways, it's the same arguments I see in real life against my own faith.

So as a religious person, the game's message in the end is obviously one I can't agree with. Yes, it's a fictional universe, but it's obviously trying to go for real-world parallels. And at the same time... eh, it's not worth getting worked up over, because I've seen this sort of story play out many, many times. The only thing it lacked is killing a "god" from your average JRPG. :P

Now that the spoilery bits are over, I will say that the story that is there is very well-told, even if the overall nature of it in the end didn't appeal to me.

Also, MrPopo, you were right about the final battle. I had two bad attempts. One because I forgot to heal up before waltzing in (but I remembered to save!), and the other I almost finished but just managed to fall with the last boss at 20% health. Then I had a really good grasp on what I needed to do in the fight, and it wasn't even close. Torched him, and didn't even lose a person. Turns out throwing my high-interrupt Monk in on him worked better, and having a Confuse hit on both he and one of his summons helped, too.

And again, thanks so much for the copy of the game! Definitely worth playing through, and I'm looking forward to the eventual sequel (and the upcoming expansion)!