Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by Snatch1414 Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:23 pm

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. My thoughts from the 3DS thread in case anyone's interested:

I'm about to finish Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and finally move on to the next game (bought the trilogy on sale in the eShop even though I already had the first one). Some random comments on how I feel about the game:

- I like the characters and gameplay mechanics. I wish there were more games like this frankly. The dialogue can occasionally be funny too. I think the style clashes with the subject matter a lot, but I still am glad they went with a more colorful palette and characters. It's unique if nothing else.

- I don't know how the subsequent games in the series play, but I really wish the game was comprised of about 8 or so cases that were a little shorter. I don't feel like the cases are epic, just laborious after awhile. Trimming the fat and adding a couple extra cases in its place would be better IMO.

- Speaking of which, shorter cases would probably help minimize the "WTF does it want me to do" moments. There are times, especially in this last case, where all you're doing is trying to figure out the trigger to move on. You know where the plot is headed based on the evidence, and you're showing someone something that would definitely provoke a reaction, and you essentially get a "Try something else" response from them because that's not what the game wants you to do.

- That all being said I do think the developers managing to tie it all together, the stories just seem unnecessarily cluttered. Looking forward to playing more, I just wish the game didn't test my patience as much as it does. I like you game. You don't have to try so hard.
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:30 pm

I'm definitely looking forward to reading what you think of Justice For All. Especially the third episode in that one.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:13 pm

Yeah, that's one of my gripes about AA, it clearly expects a certain order of events, and if you've already made the logical leap, trying to figure out what silly little thing you need to do to get to that point is annoying.

Still good stuff overall, though.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:35 pm

1. Beavis And Butt-Head In Virtual Stupidity (PC)
2. Renegade Ops (PC)
3. Arena Of Octos (Apple II)
4. Beauty And The Beast (Intellivision)
5. Chivalry (Apple II)
6. Donald Duck's Playground (C64)
7. Left 4 Dead (PC)
8. Left 4 Dead 2 (PC)
9. Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered (PC)
10. Forward To The Sky (PC)
11. Elevator Action (MSX)
12. Quake (PC)
13: Talisman: Digital Edition (PC)
14: Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round (PC)
15. Dragon Age Origins (PC)

y'know what?

dsheinem wrote:Per Racketboy tradition, this thread is not a competition, not a place where we hold to hard and fast rules about what games can count, when, or why, etc.

Cool. I beat Elevator Action (MSX).

The only expectation is that you perhaps talk a bit about what you've beaten:

Looped Elevator Action a couple times. It was fun.

What were your thoughts?

Better than Eggerland!

Why did you play?

Part of the A-Z Yearly Challenge Thing.

Would you recommend it?

The A-Z Yearly Challenge Thing? Probably not.
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

by Snatch1414 Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:39 pm

Exhuminator wrote:I'm definitely looking forward to reading what you think of Justice For All. Especially the third episode in that one.

Yeah I plan on starting it Sunday if I'm up to it. I wasn't even excited when I beat the first one, just glad I plowed through it. Not because I didn't like it, but like I said it gets laborious. Only took me an hour to finish it off last night but when the judge announced the last recess I was like "No please god let's just get this over with. I can't do any more idle chit chat" haha. I'm sure I'll be ready to dive in in a couple days though. Check out those sexy 3D graphics since I have the download.
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:40 pm

nice try, d00d.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:41 pm

noiseredux wrote:
Would you recommend it?

The A-Z Yearly Challenge Thing? Probably not.

:lol:
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:45 pm

Nice work noise!

What's next? MSX port of Flicky? :)
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:46 pm

I did a little fist pump when I saw Noise's post. GOOD ON YOU SIR.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:03 pm

retrosportsgamer wrote:I did a little fist pump when I saw Noise's post. GOOD ON YOU SIR.

:lol:

Same here. Count it!
Return to General Gaming