Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:00 pm

MrPopo wrote:The other Punch-Out games seem to require more knowledge of the right way to avoid attacks and counter attack, whereas the NES you can just dodge almost everything and then counter to the face.

I think that's it. In Super Punch Out!! and Punch Out!! (Wii), the opponents break out these crazy moves and don't follow much of a pre-set pattern. The first time Dragon Chan kicked me in the face in Super Punch Out!!, I had no idea what to do. The same applied the first time I took on Glass Joe in Title Defense Mode. (He is wearing headgear, and the fight is drastically harder than the final boss in the main game, i.e., Mr. Sandman).

Also, if you haven't played Super Punch Out!! or Punch Out!! (Wii), you should. They are great games.
Last edited by prfsnl_gmr on Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dogman91
128-bit

by dogman91 Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:04 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:I myself am working on a perfect run of Mario 64 and am almost there with the clock and rainbow levels left to do. I have every star up to that point. So close!

Make sure to pay attention to what Toad says in the hub area about the clock level... it will definitely come in handy with getting certain stars in that course. Good luck. :P
Last edited by dogman91 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:05 pm

Before my Wii died and I needed a new one my Punch-Out!! Wii was in the middle of title defense. I'd either beaten Hippo or was trying to beat him.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:05 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Am I crazy?

No. YES! NO!

I always thought Punch Out!!! Wii was a breeze.

Tons of fun though.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:11 pm

I've beaten Super Punch Out but not the original NES version. I made it all the way to Tyson but I couldn't get into the zone properly to take him out. I plan to go back and do it someday though.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:17 pm

You know, there is that aspect. Fights are much more of a puzzle in Super Punch-Out!!, I suppose. Ditto the Wii version. I'm about halfway through the title defense there, too. I actually have a really hard time with that game. I think it's all the fakeout timing and whatnot. My instincts were honed on the original, so my answer to everything, when I'm playing by instinct, is immediate dodge. I get slammed more often than not because of that.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:24 pm

Luke wrote:I always thought Punch Out!!! Wii was a breeze.

The main game is certainly a breeze, but did you get through Title Defense? That definitely kicked the difficulty up way past Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! (IMO, at least).

Exhuminator wrote:I've beaten Super Punch Out but not the original NES version. I made it all the way to Tyson but I couldn't get into the zone properly to take him out. I plan to go back and do it someday though.

Don't worry. I have owned the game for over 25 years, and I have only beaten him one or two times (and I have no plans to do it again...).

Sarge wrote:My instincts were honed on the original, so my answer to everything, when I'm playing by instinct, is immediate dodge. I get slammed more often than not because of that.

:lol:

Same here. I couldn't count the number of times in that game where I dodged to the left and returned to find a punch to the face just waiting for me.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Yes the key to beating Super Punch Out is to memorize the tells. It's more cerebral than reflexive.

Well, except for Nick Bruiser. You've just got to be meaner than him to win that last fight.

Nick has the abilty to incapacitate both of Little Mac's hands for a short period of time. He also has a "Dashing Forearm" attack, consisting of 6 jabs to the face and 6 body blows, ending with an uppercut. If you are hit by even one of these punches you will suffer an instant knockdown. He also cheats by hitting you with his elbow.

http://punchout.wikia.com/wiki/Nick_Bruiser
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:18 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I actually think that Super Punch Out!! is harder than Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! I also think that the "title defense" mode in Punch Out!! (Wii) is harder than either of them...Am I crazy?

I'd agree that Super Punch-Out is harder then Punch-Out, except for Tyson himself, who is way harder than anything the SNES game throws at you. I've beaten both.

I've yet to clear Title Defense on the wii version.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:12 pm

Only sorta counts: Dragon Warrior IV. Booted up my old save game that I dumped off-cart, and beat it again. Forgot a few tricks in the final area (used to have that down to an art, dang it!), got to the end and smoked Necrosaro. That's what happens with a level 55-60 party. (First time I beat it, everyone was hovering just shy of 40.)
Return to General Gaming