Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by bmoc Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:27 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Shit didn't that come out like..... yesterday? :lol:

Two days ago. It doesn't exactly take a long time to beat a fighting game. :wink: I took some vacation time to play it and Final Fantasy Type-0. I have a bunch of vacation to use up before July or I lose it.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:56 pm

bmoc wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Shit didn't that come out like..... yesterday? :lol:

Two days ago. It doesn't exactly take a long time to beat a fighting game. :wink: I took some vacation time to play it and Final Fantasy Type-0. I have a bunch of vacation to use up before July or I lose it.

All you have to do is learn the right AI trap and you're good, right?
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:06 pm

MrPopo wrote:All you have to do is learn the right AI trap and you're good, right?

The default difficulty setting of medium was not very challenging for me. I haven't increased it yet because I am still learning the characters. Once I settle on 2-3 main characters, I'll bump it up. That said, the higher difficulties must have good AI because the Invasion Boss punishes each and every screwup. Sometimes I couldn't even land a hit.

The difficulty settings are Very Easy, Easy, Medium, Hard, and Very Hard.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:34 pm

I saw some footage from MKX on a Clueless Gamer segment with Conan O'Brien. I came away absolutely sure it would not be a game I'd want to play. I'm sure it plays just fine, but man, that's just waaaaaay too gruesome for me.
Ack

by Ack Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:09 pm

Sarge wrote:I saw some footage from MKX on a Clueless Gamer segment with Conan O'Brien. I came away absolutely sure it would not be a game I'd want to play. I'm sure it plays just fine, but man, that's just waaaaaay too gruesome for me.

I'm sorry, I just watched this, and I'm laughing my ass off. This is what he's talking about, folks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNpkSyryQz4
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:33 pm

I saw that segment back when it was current-ish. To me, the end result isn't entertaining, it's disturbing.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:08 pm

I find the violence aspect of the recent Mortal Kombat games to be rather comical because it is so over-the-top. There was a time in my youth that I found such depictions "cool" and "awesome", most likely because they were taboo. Now I just find the type of violence in MK humorous because it is so absurd.

Everyone has their limits when it comes to depictions of gore and violence. And that is all well and good. I can certainly sympathize. I for one am confident that I will never watch The Human Centipede. Just reading the plot synopsis on Wikipedia gave me nightmares. (I wouldn't Google it if I were you.) I'm not sure how they have made so many of those films but people have probably said the same thing about the Mortal Kombat games.

On a side note, I forgot to mention that the female characters look less like strippers in MK X. MK9 was pretty bad in that regard. I am happy to see vast improvements on that front.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:44 pm

bmoc wrote:I for one am confident that I will never watch The Human Centipede. Just reading the plot synopsis on Wikipedia gave me nightmares. (I wouldn't Google it if I were you.) I'm not sure how they have made so many of those films but people have probably said the same thing about the Mortal Kombat games.

The real nightmare is when you realize that even though no surgery happened the actors still had to do a movie with their mouths right next to someone else's butthole for extended periods. You know that farts were swallowed at some point.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:04 pm

The first movie is silly and hilarious.

The second is disgusting.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:15 pm

Those movies are terrible. I hate tryhard "extreme horror." Wait, this is the Games Beaten thread?
Return to General Gaming