Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by noiseredux »

Athena (the game) isn't horrendous... the hit detection is. It makes the game unfairly difficult.

And you know that Athena has been in the King Of Fighters roster for years, and has made appearances in other SNK fighting games, right? She's actually one of my KOF favorites.

Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Ack wrote: Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (PC)(FPS)[

If you haven't played Jedi Academy, please do. I love Unleashed, the super series, and just about every star wars game, but Academy has an incredible amount of progression as a Jedi in training. I've only played it on the PC, maxed out on settings as well, so keep that in mind.

But I still enjoy every minute of it, be it fps or 3rd person sith slaying.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

noiseredux wrote:Athena (the game) isn't horrendous... the hit detection is. It makes the game unfairly difficult.

And you know that Athena has been in the King Of Fighters roster for years, and has made appearances in other SNK fighting games, right? She's actually one of my KOF favorites.

Well the bad hit detection makes the game bad in my opinion. :lol:

I will concede that the arcade original is better than the NES port. Haven't tried it on C64 nor do I plan to.

And I do surprisingly(?) own a few KoF games. I generally play as either Athena or Mai.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Well the bad hit detection makes the game bad in my opinion. :lol:

What I meant was the game could have been awesome, if the hit detection didn't ruin it. The artwork is nice. The music is good. Etc. But yeah it's just not fun (on NES or arcade).

And I do surprisingly(?) own a few KoF games. I generally play as either Athena or Mai.
[/quote]

Athena, Mai and Terry are my usual team. I feel like if I had to really choose one, I probably play best w/ Athena tho.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

I'm playing as Athena in Rhythm of Fighter now. 8)
Last edited by J T on Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Ack

Post by Ack »

Luke wrote:
Ack wrote: Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (PC)(FPS)[

If you haven't played Jedi Academy, please do. I love Unleashed, the super series, and just about every star wars game, but Academy has an incredible amount of progression as a Jedi in training. I've only played it on the PC, maxed out on settings as well, so keep that in mind.

But I still enjoy every minute of it, be it fps or 3rd person sith slaying.

Some day I hope to. Maybe I'll get lucky, and this will be in the next batch of LucasArts games on GOG.
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

1. Resident Evil 4 (PS3) Digital
2. Resident Evil 6 (PS3) Disc Version
3. Dying Light (PS4) Disc Version
4. Red Dead Redemption (PS3) Disc Version (Replay)
5. Batman Arkham City (PS3) Disc Version
6. The Order (PS4) Disc Version
7. Valiant Hearts (PS4) Digital Version
8. DMC Definitive (PS4) Disc Version
9. Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS4) Disc Version
10. God of War - Ghost of Sparta (PS3) PSP digital port

Needed an little mindless button mashing, served it purpose. If you ever played God of War then you know all you need to know. Usual God of War fare here. Tells some of the back story and such to fill in some gaps from other games.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

1. Painkiller - PC
2. Front Mission 4 - PS2
3. Wasteland 2 - PC
4. Arcanum - PC
5. X-COM Terror from the Deep - PC
6. Military Madness - TurboGrafx-16
7. Unreal - PC
8. Shadowrun - SNES
9. Warcraft III - PC
10. Dungeon Keeper - PC
11. Final Fantasy X-2 HD - PS3
12. Descent - PC
13. Quake Mission Pack 2 - Dissolution of Eternity - PC
14. Quake 2 Mission Pack 2 - Ground Zero - PC
15. Sokobond - PC
16. Hybrid Heaven - N64
17. Sonic the Hedgehog - Genesis
18. Castlevania - NES
19. Super Castlevania IV - SNES
20. Castlevania III - NES
21. Castlevania II - NES
22. Castlevania Rondo of Blood - Turbo CD
23. Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders - PC
24. Fractal - PC
25. Kirby's Adventure - NES

First you draw a circle, then you dot the eyes. Add a great big smile and presto, it's Kirby!

This was a game I remembered renting as a kid, getting all the way to the last boss, but being unable to defeat him, no matter how many times I continued. Now as an adult I can see that the last boss is really about having patience; if you sit in the right corner and wait for an opening he won't be able to touch you, but if you to go all out attacking he's going to destroy you (speedrunners non-withstanding). He's only vulnerable at select moments during certain moves, and you have to wait for your chance.

But beyond that, it's a well put together NES game that manages to be more difficult than the original on the Game Boy even though it adds a ton of powers for Kirby to use. Some of that is due to a surprising amount of Castlevania bat style enemies that knock you around when you aren't expecting it. If it weren't for the copious health powerups it'd be much more of an evil game.

And the UFO is the best powerup since the Goomba boot.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Definitely one of my favorites on the NES. Absolutely gorgeous game that pushed it to the limits too. To be honest, I've played a handful of other Kirby games but I don't think they compare at all to Adventure.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

I beat Kirby's Adventure back in 2012 for the first time and it was my favorite game that I beat that year.

The game is just fun and discovering all the power ups is really exciting. Also, the game has a great way of slowly ramping up the difficulty to the point that you don't even notice it. It is not like there is a sudden spike or crazy hard level out of nowhere. By the time you get to the final level, you are prepared and ready to face its challenges. It is a well put together game and one of my favorites on the NES.

Congratulations! :D