Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Damm64
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by Damm64 »

At this point in my life i just ignore that RE6 exists. But yeah RE5 is a solid game shame the single player is a bit hard for the bad AI but in coop is a fun ride. The mercenaries are always a nice adition and really fun, even after months i still play it in coop with a friend on weekends. We beated the main campaign at least 3 times :lol:
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Xeogred wrote: Graphically it holds up really well too, better than RE6 somehow if you ask me.

Textures especially were impressive for me. That fight with Wesker and Jill, where's Jill's wearing the shiny skin tight purple body suit kung fu'ing everything... man, it was difficult keeping my eye's off her high poly self. But that is the price you pay playing games co-op with your fiance.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

1/10: Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP (Steam)
1/10: Rusty's Real Deal Baseball: Bat & Switch (3DS DL)
1/11: Time Fcuk (Steam)
1/11: Coil (Steam)

Total: 4 games

These are all pretty short, simple games so I'll keep my thoughts short ha.

Bat & Switch: These bunch of baseball hitting mini-games were quite fun, even if it got pretty tough with some of the final challenges. My wrist really hurts after playing for a while ha. I really hate swinging at the fast balls though... I can barely see them in some levels ><

Time Fcuk:
A puzzle platformer with a simple concept of switching planes (or something like that) but I'm reaaally bad it (not really surprised). I had to look up videos for the solutions very often ><

Coil:
Something about making alien babies?? I don't even know.
Last edited by laurenhiya21 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

Well, I finally beat my first game this year:

1) Cannon Spike - Dreamcast
I sure played a lot of Capcom games last year. Three Strider games, three Ducktales games, four Bionic Commando games, seven Mega Man games, and some others for good measure. So, how should I start this year? With more Capcom of course! :D

I really dug this game. It's fast-paced, challenging, and has several cool Capcom characters like Mega Man and Sir Arthur. The graphics are the standard Dreamcast fare and looks good over VGA. The music is great with a bit of an SNES vibe. Rather ironic considering this is on a Sega platform. The game seems to be well balanced and offers a fair challenge, though there are some dumb holes in the boss patterns leading to some easy fights. Overall, this game is great and I wish I had played it back when I first heard of it.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
dust_hound
24-bit

Post by dust_hound »

@GSZX1337:
A Cannon Spike fan! Salute! I loved the art direction and the ridiculousness of it all. When i can afford it, i definitely plan to re-buy it for my sadly neglected DC. But not until i've cleared more of my horrendous backlog!

Anyway, speaking of which:

1) Dead Space Extraction (Wii); January 3
2) Resident Evil 4 (Wii); January 11

Using motion controls on Wii definitely made the game easier for me than when i played it on GC, but i still died plenty of times due to not managing the crowds better, or messing up the stupid QTEs. There's plenty of post-game content, but i'm happy to tackle that later - the campaign told a full story and i'm happy to have seen it through for the moment. I look forward to revisiting the game to play Mercernaries and the side-story chapters.

For now, i continue to move through my backlog apace, with Disaster: Day of Crisis. Not the greatest game ever, but not terrible either!
SNKnicotine
128-bit

Post by SNKnicotine »

I've started off pretty strong this year.

1.Alice:Madness Returns
2.Super Double Dragon
3.Last fof Us remastered
Klassic PlastiK @ youtube.com/KlassicplastiK
Currently playing:Super Smash bros.(4)(3DS/WiiU)
Currently reading: Batman: Death of a Family
AppleQueso wrote:You can't even pronounce "RPG" or "FPS" like you can "Shmup"
Arpuhguh? Fffpiss? Bah!
"Shmup" is far more elegant!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

1. Spelunky
2. Race the Sun

Spleunky was the culmination of all of last year playing it on and off. After beating it I loaded it back up and died on Mines 1.

Race the Sun I got through one of the maps to level 20, its good enough to consider complete. It is a daily randomly generated tunnel game. Its beautiful, but after a while it is grinding. It actually ends at level 25, but I just gave up at 20.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

fastbilly1 wrote:1. Spelunky
2. Race the Sun

Spleunky was the culmination of all of last year playing it on and off. After beating it I loaded it back up and died on Mines 1.

Race the Sun I got through one of the maps to level 20, its good enough to consider complete. It is a daily randomly generated tunnel game. Its beautiful, but after a while it is grinding. It actually ends at level 25, but I just gave up at 20.

I commend you on Race the Sun. I can't get past the 4th or 5th level. I enjoy the game, but man it is tough.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:1. Spelunky
2. Race the Sun

I commend you on Race the Sun. I can't get past the 4th or 5th level. I enjoy the game, but man it is tough.

I just got in the groove on the map for yesterday. My wife was sick and sleeping most of the afternoon so I spent it swapping between Spelunky and Race. After a while, Race becomes second nature for the first few maps. It is like a 3d version of the old arcade game Tunnel - or the TI82 game zTunnel which I played too much of in highschool. Now by while, I mean a few dozen tries...
SNKnicotine
128-bit

Post by SNKnicotine »

I've started off pretty strong this year.

1.Alice:Madness Returns -PS3
2.Super Double Dragon - Snes
3.Last fof Us remastered- PS4
4.The Punisher-Oxbox

Took a couple of weeks for me to make the time to beat this game, With that said this game is one of the best Marvel [action/adventure]games out there.Moreover it is extremely refreshing to play as a hero who is not afraid to kill his foes. I was surprised that the game had a cool story packed with villains and heroes from the massive marvel universe.

Punisher_game_cover.jpg
Punisher_game_cover.jpg (45.21 KiB) Viewed 3104 times
Klassic PlastiK @ youtube.com/KlassicplastiK
Currently playing:Super Smash bros.(4)(3DS/WiiU)
Currently reading: Batman: Death of a Family
AppleQueso wrote:You can't even pronounce "RPG" or "FPS" like you can "Shmup"
Arpuhguh? Fffpiss? Bah!
"Shmup" is far more elegant!