Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by noiseredux Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:36 pm

FFA was amazing, as it came out before we had a Game Boy Zelda game.

Also, FFA > Sword Of Mana.
Ack

by Ack Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:43 pm

At some point around 1996, I beat a Final Fantasy game. For years I thought it was Final Fantasy Adventure but just wasn't sure because I could only vaguely remember the game. Reading your post and seeing that FFA is an action RPG, I finally sat down and looked through it to figure out just what it was I had beaten so many years ago.

It wasn't Final Fantasy Adventure. It was Final Fantasy Legend III. Just how I came into possession of FFLIII long enough to beat it, I don't know, because I don't recall ever actually owning the game. But the final boss fight has stayed with me for years.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:45 pm

I always mix up "Legend" and "Adventure". I actually had to reread my post to make sure I hadn't written "Legend" anywhere.

But yeah, those games are completely different and more like traditional JRPGs. Of course they are really SaGa games too...
Ack

by Ack Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:57 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:But yeah, those games are completely different and more like traditional JRPGs. Of course they are really SaGa games too...

It's also the only SaGa game I have ever beaten, despite owning both SaGa Frontier games...
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Not into the ~*~*Romancing*~*~ games, huh?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:21 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Ah yes! One of the few things I haven't unlocked.

Here's the reason: I don't like Decap Attack. :lol:

Then again, I forced myself to push through a few levels of Super Thunder Blade to unlock Space Harrier...

Me neither. :lol:

I was able push myself just far enough to unlock Zaxxon, however. (The goal is not that hard.)

I'll do it when I have a chance!

Speaking of which... I decided to search for a Zaxxon longplay video on YouTube to get some kind of idea of what kind of length / difficulty I was looking at.

This video may have the greatest title of anything on YouTube. Amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Ew5gMLulM
Ack

by Ack Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:22 pm

Not really. I've played a little of them, particularly the PS2 remake of Romancing SaGa, but I didn't really care for the system. I guess that's the issue that I have with them, they're interesting games, but I dislike the systems they use.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:39 pm

I've never really been able to roll into the SaGa games, either. The ones I finished were SaGa I & II, III didn't have Kawazu at the helm, and I don't think any of the SNES RS games have finished translations. SaGa Frontier I've gone through a couple of scenarios, and I did beat SaGa Frontier II and enjoyed it. And Treasure of the Rudras is a kind of secret SaGa game, as is The Last Remnant.

Okay, I take it back, I've experienced and enjoyed more than I thought. The series is just fairly uneven. One thing's for sure, though, Romancing SaGa on PS2 and The Last Remnant have spectacular soundtracks.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:31 pm

RS3 has a pretty complete translation.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:54 pm

MrPopo wrote:RS3 has a pretty complete translation.

I just never was sure how much of it was finished. I knew it was pretty close, I just didn't know how close. Any estimate on it? Is it a bit like Dragon Quest VI with NoPrgress's patch?

Also, a more valid question: how is it as a game? Does it stack up to other SNES fare at the time?
Return to General Gaming