Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by Exhuminator Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:42 am

Opa Opa wrote:Super Turrican 2 was probably Factor 5's greatest achievement.

FTFY
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:47 am

Exhuminator wrote:
Opa Opa wrote:Super Turrican 2 was probably Factor 5's greatest achievement.

FTFY

Factor 5 is riding high making Star Wars games.

Then they make Lair and the studio gets killed.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:56 am

Lair had other problems than not being a Star Wars game.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:59 am

Exhuminator wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Along the way, you misrepresented the tenor of the reviews you selected, almost all of which were exceedingly positive.

Nah. I only quoted actual statements authors wrote of their own accord. I did not alter a single word. From that point the take away tone was totally up to the reader. If you read enough game reviews you'll see that often the score of the review and the underlying message of the review are different animals.

You gerrymandered people's statements by snipping at them. Look, I can do it too and make a negative comment into a positive one:

Triumph wrote:It's a perfect game...

Instead of the full statement.

Triumph wrote:It's a perfect game... for me to poop on.

It's totally fine if you didn't care for the game. Your opinion is valid. Snipping incomplete sentiments out of other's opinions just isn't honest though.
Ack

by Ack Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:02 pm

Opa Opa wrote:Lair had other problems than not being a Star Wars game.

Nonsense, name one bad Star Wars game.

Son of a bitch!
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:03 pm

Ack wrote:

Son of a bitch!

There are a lot more than that...
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:04 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
Ack wrote:

Son of a bitch!

There are a lot more than that...

Yeah, I know...like Dark Forces 2 :twisted:
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:19 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:Snipping incomplete sentiments out of other's opinions just isn't honest though.

I wasn't being honest? Didn't pull one over on you did I? Well sir maybe that's because I was being farcical when I was OBVIOUSLY incompletely quoting critics out of context. It was meant to be a joke at my own expense. Seriously I've been reviewing games in this thread for almost two years now and hardly anyone has had anything to say about what I've ever wrote. But stop the presses I dislike one craptastic Star Wars game and oh my lord call out the inquisition on this infidel's ass.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:23 pm

Exhuminator wrote:
Hobie-wan wrote:Snipping incomplete sentiments out of other's opinions just isn't honest though.

I wasn't being honest? Didn't pull one over on you did I? Well sir maybe that's because I was being farcical when I was OBVIOUSLY incompletely quoting critics out of context. It was meant to be a joke at my own expense. Seriously I've been reviewing games in this thread for almost two years now and hardly anyone has had anything to say about what I've ever wrote. But stop the presses I dislike one craptastic Star Wars game and oh my lord call out the inquisition on this infidel's ass.

Exhuminator wrote:You're cute when you're salty.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:25 pm

Exhuminator wrote:

How dare you have a dissenting opinion!? :lol: I wouldn't say that everyone was jumping on you, they just didn't agree with you. The argument really revolved around the scores and how the game is viewed by the masses. People generally loved the game, that doesn't make it an amazing game for everyone.

Everyone plays games differently and experience things completely differently. The game may not have aged well, I will definitely give it a shot.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Return to General Gaming