Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

^ Yeah that game looks great. I'll certainly hit up a few Kirby titles this year.

The scary thing is, I'm not sure if I own Triple Deluxe or not. :shock:
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:^ Yeah that game looks great. I'll certainly hit up a few Kirby titles this year.

Yeah. It is a lot of fun, and both the music and the 3D effect are amazing.

While I was playing this, I was thinking that I need to play some more Kirby games since I have only beaten Kirby's Dreamland, Kirby's Adventure, Kirby's Avalanche, Kirby Super Star, Kirby 64, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and, most recently, Kirby's Triple Deluxe. Then - after a bit of research - I realized just how many "Kirby" games there are... :shock:
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

1. Devil's Attorney (Android) (lawyer strategy) (good game)
2. Resident Evil 5 (360) (survival horror cover shooter) (good game)
3. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (360) (kart racer) (good game)
4. Dragon Quest VIII (PS2) (classic JRPG) (amazing game)
5. Gears of War (360) (dudebro cover shooter) (decent game)
6. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita) (Tomb Raider with a penis) (decent game)
7. Orcs & Elves (DS) (Id style dungeon crawler) (good game)
8. From The Abyss (DS) (simple action-RPG) (decent game)
9. Army of Two (360) (co-op cover shooter) (decent game)
10. Psychic World (Master System) (sadistic platformer) (subpar game)
11. Endless Ocean: Blue World (Wii) (adventure/simulation) (amazing game)
12. Journey to Silius (NES) (sadistic platformer) (decent game)
13. Sword Master (NES) (hack'n'slash platformer) (subpar game)
14. Project: Snowblind (PC) (thinking man's FPS) (good game)
15. Yakyuuken Part II - Gal's Dungeon (Famicom) (stripping maze puzzle) (decent game)
16. Bishoujo Sexy Derby (Famicom) (stripping horse racing) (terrible game)
17. SiN Episodes: Emergence (PC) (amateur hour FPS) (subpar game)
18. Seirei Gari (AKA Ghost Hunter) (NES) (puzzle adventure) (subpar game)
Seirei Gari is one of those old Japanese adventure games where you navigate the world and solve its puzzles through simple menu selections. The interface may be simple, but this game has some of the most illogical inscrutable "puzzles" I've ever seen in this genre. Something to the effect of you can't open a door because you didn't examine an unrelated flower two rooms away three times, that sort of arbitrary nonsense. The game's worth beating with a guide though to experience its wacky supernatural stuff. Seirei Gari is like a nine year old's fever dream of what an adventure game should be. (An English fan translation is available.)
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:^ Yeah that game looks great. I'll certainly hit up a few Kirby titles this year.

Yeah. It is a lot of fun, and both the music and the 3D effect are amazing.

While I was playing this, I was thinking that I need to play some more Kirby games since I have only beaten Kirby's Dreamland, Kirby's Adventure, Kirby's Avalanche, Kirby Super Star, Kirby 64, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and, most recently, Kirby's Triple Deluxe. Then - after a bit of research - I realized just how many "Kirby" games there are... :shock:

Do you have the Collection on Wii (who am I kidding of course you do)?

2 and 3 are on it. I don't have the actual carts, and I played through the entire Wii Collection last year. Fun times!
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

You can never have too much Kirby. :)
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
Do you have the Collection on Wii (who am I kidding of course you do)?

:lol:

Of course! I actually own most of the Kirby games, but I still need to pick up a few for the Nintendo DS and GBA. (I also still need to get Return to Dreamland at some point, and a cart-only copy of Kirby's Dreamland 3.)
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yeah, if you're going for Dreamland 3, I'd probably hop on it before the price shoots up yet again. I bought my copy for close to $50. I was willing to pay it because it's the last SA-1 game that I have any interest in, not to mention the last Kirby I didn't have on SNES. I also grabbed Squeak Squad not too long ago for completion's sake... and of course proceeded to play through it again.

I'm actually missing Nightmare in Dreamland, which I might pick up if I see it cheap. I just preferred the NES version overall.

Hope you can find a copy of Return to Dreamland cheap. I think that one is still holding value pretty well.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Do you guys have Kirby's Dream Course?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Kirby's Return to Dream Land on Wii is unimaginative rehashed schlock, I do not recommend it. Get this instead.

Nintendo publishes a lot of Kirby because it's Iwata's favorite franchise. He has been involved with the series since the very first game on Game Boy.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Harsh, man. Harsh. But I also realize a bit where you're coming from. It's short, it hews a little too closely to the Kirby formula, and it's also pretty pricey for what lasted me a bit over five hours.

And yes, I have Kirby's Dream Course, and it's cool. It's like putt-putt golf that I can enjoy. :)