Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by alienjesus »

On the other hand, I only add games I've beaten for the first time to my list. Do whatever works for you.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I just put *'s next to my replays.

They tend to take up half my list because I like playing good games that are good again.
Flake

Post by Flake »

MrEco wrote:I'm curious, do you guys tend to count replays in these threads? Like if you go back and play through a game you've already beaten just for fun would it typically count for the purposes of this thread? Or is this more meant for games you're beating for the first time?

Of course, it's also just a matter of time before someone starts this year's "Games NOT Beaten" thread.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Games Beaten 2015

1. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - 3DS
2. A Bird Story - PC *new*
3. Quake - PC *new*
4. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - PS4 *new*

Total: 4

Previously: 2014 | The First 400 Games

Despite the sci-fi additions and the (underutilized) jumping mechanics, this was a pretty typical COD campaign....which I tend to think of as a good thing. Predictable, beautiful, fast-paced, and goofy - and all the more fun for it. I thought the character models were really impressive - some of the best I've seen in any game - and Spacey was well used for the most part. As someone who primarily plays these games for the campaign and expects more or less to play some new version of "G.I. Joe for adults" every year, I have yet to be let down by the franchise.
Last edited by dsheinem on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

^I left off on the mission where you end up in a tank, mowing down Atlus. I stopped because of Grandia, but do plan to finish up soon, as I really think AW is a blast. Am I pretty close to the end?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:^I left off on the mission where you end up in a tank, mowing down Atlus. I stopped because of Grandia, but do plan to finish up soon, as I really think AW is a blast. Am I pretty close to the end?

I'd guess about 2/3 or so. The whole thing is only ~6 or so hours I'd say, as is pretty typical for the series.

There was a lot more scripted stuff/QTEs than I recall in earlier entries - I felt like the actual amount of time I spent shooting things and working out the details/strategy of a firefight was less than in some of the MW games, for example. I am split on whether I like this or Ghosts better. Did you play that?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:I'd guess about 2/3 or so. The whole thing is only ~6 or so hours I'd say,

...and I'm 7.9 hrs in. WTF? Hmm.

Anyway, I did not play Ghosts, but that was the first one in the series that really caught my attention and I did want to play it. So I'll probably play that one next. Maybe I'll work my way backwards through the series haha. Though I did play a bit of the very first game.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

Okay, well with that in mind I think I'd like to also list replays, so...

1) Gravity Rush (PS Vita)
2) Dear Esther (PC)*

Replayed through Dear Esther for a nice little bit of relaxation. Understood the story a little better this time, lol. I know a lot of people don't like games like this because they find them boring, but I love em.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:I'd guess about 2/3 or so. The whole thing is only ~6 or so hours I'd say,

...and I'm 7.9 hrs in. WTF? Hmm.

There's no play time counter so that's mostly a guess. It may have been closer to 8, but HLTB says 7...
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

I'm nearing the end of Drakengard 3... I hope. These damn "branches" are killing me :lol: . Game has definitely taken a turn that I wasn't expecting and things are getting confusing as hell. Really hoping the ending ties things up.