Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by noiseredux »

I had the LE's of both of those MK games, and I played the bonus stuff wayyyy more than the games themselves.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

The best 3D MK I have played is this one, it's totally awesome. I'm really looking forward to the next one.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

J T wrote:Belts are not pants. Belts hold up pants. Belts, themselves, are not pants. I don't care if you have two of them.
But they work as skirts if you have about fifty of them.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Exhuminator wrote:The best 3D MK I have played is this one, it's totally awesome. I'm really looking forward to the next one.

When I played it closer to release, I considered 2011 to be a nice advancement over what I had been led to believe were fairly lackluster PS2-era MK games (I had also heard bad things about (and thus never played) the MK vs DC game). I liked Injustice more than MK 2011, however, and am hoping that the MKX takes most of its cues from it...

Now, though, I am wondering if all the mainline MK games have been pretty decent all along and if I missed out on some stuff I'd have liked by largely ignoring them. And, to your point, It has been some years since I played 2011, but I intend to go back to it as part of my MK-a-thon and to consider it in the context of the series. Right now, though, I am really impressed by the game modes/options and on-the-fly styles of MK:DA.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

MK vs DCU is pretty meh. It could have been really good had it used a 2D plane like MK9 and Injustice did. But the sidestepping made projectiles stupid.

MK9 I liked a lot in 2011. But going back to it has felt like a chore.

Injustice I couldn't really get into. Maybe it's because I'm not a DC fan? Don't know.

Having said all the above, I feel like there's a good chance I'll still buy MKX. :?
Ack

Post by Ack »

Ds, are you planning on doing that MK-a-thon in relation to the Together Retro later this year? I am planning to go back to MK2 that month and then moving on to MK3 and UMK3.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

1. Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition(PS4)
2. Infamous First Light(PS4)
3. Drakengard 3(PS3) *Endings 1-4. Ending 5 I watched online due to BS boss.
4. Infamous Second Son(PS4)
5. Thomas Was Alone(PS4)
6. Uncharted Drake's Fortune(PS3) *
7. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves(PS3) *
8. Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception(PS3) *
9. Deadpool(PS3)
10. Red Dead Redemption(360)
11. Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare(360)
12. The Walking Dead Survival Instinct(360)

Overall it is a pretty shitty game. Everything really feels half assed to the point that it really isn't worth playing unless you are really really into the show. To say it plays and looks like a decade old Half Life 2 mod would be an insult to Half Life 2 mods :lol: . Crap story, insanely basic game play with repetitive maps, slow combat, and really shitty AI/enemy placement. Plus it's only 4-5 hours long which could actually be the best thing about the game :lol: .
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Key-Glyph wrote:But they work as skirts if you have about fifty of them.

Can also work as pantsu suspenders.
dsheinem wrote:I liked Injustice more than MK 2011

I like the offensive environment interactions and changeable weapon types/stances in Injustice quite a bit. I think MK2011 is a bit more visceral in sheer combat though. Both games are about equal in my book (i.e. awesome), and both are equally worth owning.
dsheinem wrote:I am wondering if all the mainline MK games have been pretty decent all along and if I missed out on some stuff I'd have liked by largely ignoring them.
If you were turned off by the N64 and PS1 3D MK games it's understandable. As far as the Deception/Deadly Alliance/Armageddon era is concerned though, all those games are worth playing. Armageddon is my favorite of the bunch though, so much stuff to do in that game.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Exhuminator wrote:Mortal Kombat: Armageddon has the best Konquest mode. It does away with the simplistic tutorial fight missions from Deadly Alliance or the time specific quests and missions from Deception that players weren't even guaranteed to discover. Instead, Armageddon takes a couple of pages from the popular spin-off title Shaolin Monks, providing a linear exploratory adventure while introducing two new characters. It also has Create A Fighter. Make fighters that look like people you hate and beat their face in. Good times. Armageddon is in top three MK games for me.

+1

I have it on the Wii and it's one of those games I seem to play every year.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

OMG I JUST READ ABOUT MOTOR KOMBAT

...I had no idea these PS2-era games had mini games. Stoked!

are any of them deep enough to reasonably count as a stand alone entry on the "Games Beaten" list?

Ack, I know I like MK1-3, so the idea is to play the rest prior to TR. I'll play 1-3 that month and shoot for the full mainline series by year's end.

I did lose the faith with PS1/N64 era 3D MK games...and missed a gen's worth of good stuff I guess :?

How's the Dreamcast MK Gold game?