Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by Exhuminator »

Super Metroid was one of the few games I bought upon release. It blew my mind back in high school. I am sure even though that was in 1994, the game still holds up marvelously today. It's one of those games that makes you wish you could erase your own memory and re-experience it over and over.

I also finished Metroid II, but I found it to be quite inferior to the original. I know the developers were hindered by not having color, but more distinctive tile sets and a rudimentary map would have done wonders for the experience. The absence of Yoshio Sakamoto was sorely felt.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

If Metroid II had a map it would have been much better. It's a much bigger environment than the original Metroid and you need to explore most of it to progress through the game, so the zoomed in aspect and the lack of color palettes makes it incredibly easy to get lost.

I'm very much looking forward to AM2R.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

You know, I enjoyed Metroid and Metroid II when I played them quite a lot, but I wasn't really super-excited about Super Metroid.

Oh, how wrong I was. Somebody's going to have a blast, that's for sure. :)
Flake

Post by Flake »

Oh Dsh. I sold you a copy of Super Metroid years ago and for a song, no less.

There is no greater tragedy in all of gaming than Nintendo's neglect of the Metroid series. Every year I race through several of the series. The music, the setting, and the theme of unbreakable courage and heroism get me every time. No matter the odds or how dire the situation, Samus does not give up.

And I love that.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Bioshock Infinite for the Xbox 360. Got it back on Monday (when it became the now-current Games With Gold title) and just beat it on Easy. Gonna try to beat the other difficulty modes.

Also when I get the money I wanna get all the DLC, especially Burial at Sea.

And the ending? Wow! For those who don't know, let's just say at some point the "Infinite" in "Bioshock Infinite" makes perfect sense in what feels like an at-times-trippy steampunk collaboration between John Carpenter and Walt Disney.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

It's not my favourite SNES game, but Super Metroid gets my vote for being the best SNES game. You should get on that. Add it to your summer games list, even if it is the only game on your summer games list!

I really like Metroid 2, but it would've been nice to see an updated version of it, Zero Mission style, which added some colour, distinct environments and a map.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

alienjesus wrote:Add it to your summer games list, even if it is the only game on your summer games list!

I actually had it on that list years ago (probably when I got the copy from Flake) and never popped it in all summer. Will rectify!
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

dsheinem wrote:
alienjesus wrote:Add it to your summer games list, even if it is the only game on your summer games list!

I actually had it on that list years ago (probably when I got the copy from Flake) and never popped it in all summer. Will rectify!

Speaking of, I got bored in work the other night and have already drafted out my SGC list. :oops:
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Sload Soap wrote:
Speaking of, I got bored in work the other night and have already drafted out my SGC list. :oops:

It isn't even Spring yet! I am not sure I have the "not a classic" fight in me just yet. :lol:

(just kidding, I'm always ready to throw down)

I just noticed that we have more pages in this thread in mid-March than we did in the entire year in 2010 :shock: We also only had a smidge over 100 pages in 2012. Good to see so many more folks on board and so much more discussion :)
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Sload Soap wrote:
dsheinem wrote:

Im still deciding whether to participate - my alphabet marathon list is a bit of a monster in terms of game length. Maybe I'll do half a list and alternate with the alphabet marathon?