Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ack

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by Ack »

Hey, Popo, you planning to play through the entire Catacomb series now? If so, you are in for a treat.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Sload Soap wrote:Well, I'm going by the fact I beat Ninja Gaiden NES in about five days of play, whereas I've had Ninja Gaiden Xbox for ten years and never beat it despite several attempts. Ninja Gaiden Xbox has a barrel full of horrible boss battles as well. Maybe I should give it another go with my newly found Gaiden Skills?

I'd agree that Ninja Gaiden on oxobx is more difficult than any of the NES entries. Even the first boss is pretty difficult to beat.

When I bought Ninja Gaiden for the xbox from a friend he told me wait! He ran into his bedroom handed me a thick strategy guide and said "You're going to need this". Up until then, the only strategy guide I had used (besides stuff from Nintendo Power) was one for FF7. But he was right, as I did need help getting through the game.

I have NG2 and 3 as well, but still unopened.

Nice write up on Batman (NES). It's one of my all time favorite NES games and I've played at least once every year since it was released.

And did you know that ninja who is enjoying a cigarette at the tail end of the first level is the KGBeast? Weird right?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I have never beaten a Ninja Gaiden game, but I think the Xbox one is 1000000 times harder than the one on NES. I just suck at modern 3D action games. Too many buttons, too much stuff on the screen, I just can't comprehend what's going on.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Sload Soap wrote:Well, I'm going by the fact I beat Ninja Gaiden NES in about five days of play, whereas I've had Ninja Gaiden Xbox for ten years and never beat it despite several attempts. Ninja Gaiden Xbox has a barrel full of horrible boss battles as well. Maybe I should give it another go with my newly found Gaiden Skills?

:lol:

That is pretty much the exact opposite of my experience. I owned Ninja Gaiden as a kid, and while I could get to the last level when I was 10, I didn't have the patience to beat it until I was an adult. I purchased Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) as an adult, and I beat it in about five days. (Ninja Gaiden (NES) is all about movement and constant offense, but Nina Gaiden (Xbox) definitely requires a tremendous amount of defense.)
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

prfsnl_gmr wrote: I purchased Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) as an adult, and I beat it in about five days.

Seriously, that's incredible.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Ack wrote:Hey, Popo, you planning to play through the entire Catacomb series now? If so, you are in for a treat.

It's on the list. I'd already done Catacomb and Catacomb 3-D, so now I'm into the non-id games. I'm a couple levels into Abyss but I got stuck because there's a hidden wall to the exit that I thought I checked but it turns out I didn't and then I switched away and have played other games. I'll probably slot in some time in between other games.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Luke wrote:Seriously, that's incredible.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! The game is not that hard! :lol: IMO, DMC was slightly more difficult.
Ack

Post by Ack »

MrPopo wrote:
Ack wrote:Hey, Popo, you planning to play through the entire Catacomb series now? If so, you are in for a treat.

It's on the list. I'd already done Catacomb and Catacomb 3-D, so now I'm into the non-id games. I'm a couple levels into Abyss but I got stuck because there's a hidden wall to the exit that I thought I checked but it turns out I didn't and then I switched away and have played other games. I'll probably slot in some time in between other games.

Yeah, they do that secret wall thing from time to time, but overall I felt the series got more interesting the further down the line you go. I believe you can also skip the final boss fight entirely in the final game.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
Luke wrote:Seriously, that's incredible.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! The game is not that hard! :lol: IMO, DMC was slightly more difficult.

Agreed. DMC series > NG series on difficulty and just about everything else.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

dsheinem wrote:Agreed. DMC series > NG series on difficulty and just about everything else.

They're different. I really appreciated NG's focus on defense, and I think that playing through it first made me a much better DMC player. I also can't say that I favor one over the other. (I have not yet played DMC3, however, which I have read is the best in the series.)

I also want to note that I played through Ninja Gaiden (Xbox), not Nina Gaiden Black (Xbox), which I have read is more difficult. I also played through it on "normal" difficulty, and I suspect that, on the higher difficulty levels, the game would be too much for me.