Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by Sarge »

Vice: Project Doom, in particular, is an excellent game. It pulls the disparate genres together in a way Bayou Billy only wishes it could. It wants to be Ninja Gaiden in its cutscenes, but sadly it doesn't pull off things with nearly the aplomb that series does.

Kabuki is also surprisingly decent. I like a lot about it. It's a little rougher than the top-tier stuff, but it's certainly quite fun. Just manage your chips carefully, or you'll end up with some really, really tough boss fights towards the end.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Luke wrote:Might need to finally pull the trigger and purchase Silius.

I beat it for the first time last year, and I think it's worth the cost. Truly a challenging game, but do-able. Nice run'n'gun action. It has an unbelievably awesome original soundtrack too. One of the NES's best in that regard.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Damm64
Next-Gen

Post by Damm64 »

I don't even remember the last time i updated my list and maybe i forgot to add more games to the current list

1- Heavenly Sword (Ps3)
2- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
3- Sonic Generations (Ps3)
4- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
5- Legend of Zelda: Link between worlds (3DS)
6- Castlevania: Mirror of Fate (3DS)
7- Pokemón Crystal (GBC)
8- Pokemón Fire Red (GBA)
9- Pokémon Y (3DS)*
10- Duke Nukem Forever (PS3)
11- New Super Mario Bros (DS)
12- Dishonored (PS3)
13- Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
14- House of the Dead Overkill (PS3)

New SMB: I find more enjoyable and fun than NSMB 2, withouth the coin rush mode the levels can be more complicated.

Dishonored: Low chaos play, sthealthy as posible but i allowed myself to kill 2-3 people per level in case i fail something. Well you know this game becomes MUCH better when you abuse the blink power! *Puff* Im behind cover now*Puff* Im behind my enemy now, i choke them and grab the body*Puff* Now i put the body far away*Puff* Now im on my normal way now. Still i really feel that the sthealt options are limited compared to being chaotic, and also since the game changes depending on how much chaos you create i find myself checking a few videos of the alternative endings and... the high chaos stage at the end looks SO MUCH BETTER. Rain and lightning in the sky, a grim presence in the island, the 4 people who betrayed you are in a war with each other. THAT'S my main issue with this game, the combat is more enjoyable than the sthealt mechanics and being good (kinda feels like a metaphore). In the end i have fun with the game but aparently not at the same level i have with deus ex or thief.

Batman AS: Now something wierd about this game, i don't think is the best thing ever made but i just had to play it all day until i finish it. Is really well done and i enjoy everything about it, the gadgets, the combat, the characters, the story everything fits really well with each other. Maybe the only thing i didn't like too much was when they throw you a giant with normal people to fight, they're not a good mix, usually i espend my time walking in circles waiting for the big guy to do his thing so i can throw a batarang to his head and punch him. That i sometimes killer croc acted a bit cheap on this level and was a bit longer than it should.

Edit: Forgot about house of the dead, beated it in coop and almost in single player. The game is awesome!
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Luke wrote:
Sarge wrote:52) Shadow of the Ninja
53) Shatterhand

Good on you.

While not brutally difficult, those games do "bring the challenge". I first learned about these two around ten years ago and felt I missed out on some the the best NES titles.

They're plenty good & difficult. Now he just has to try to beat Abadox and S.C.A.T. for the Natsume "Bring The NES Challenge" quad-fecta award. :lol:
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

1. Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition(PS4)(Good)
2. Infamous First Light(PS4)(Good)
3. Drakengard 3(PS3) *Endings 1-4. Ending 5 I watched online due to BS boss.(Good except for the boss of the final alternate branch ending who can go burn in a firey hell :lol: )
4. Infamous Second Son(PS4)(Good)
5. Thomas Was Alone(PS4)(Great)
6. Uncharted Drake's Fortune(PS3) *(Good)
7. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves(PS3) *(Great)
8. Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception(PS3) **(Good)
9. Deadpool(PS3)(Great)
10. Red Dead Redemption(360)(Good)
11. Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare(360)(Okay)
12. The Walking Dead Survival Instinct(360)(Shit)
13. Fuse(360)(Okay)
14. The Bureau Xcom Declassified(360)(Okay)
15. Asura's Wrath(360)(Great)
16. Beneath a Steel Sky(PC)(Good)
17. Soul Gambler(PC)(Okay)
19. Harvester(PC)(Good, but disturbing)
20. Coma: Mortuary(PC)(Shit)
21. Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure(PC)(Good)
22. Freedom Planet(PC)(Great)
23. Tropico 3 Steam Special Edition(PC)(Great)
24. Far Cry 4(PS3)(Okay kinda meh)
25. Shellshock 2 Blood Trails(360)(Shit)
26. Grand Theft Auto V(PC)(Great)
27. Shadow of Mordor(PS4)(Great)
28. Call of Duty Advanced Warfare(PS4)(Okay)
29. Fallout 3(PC)
30. Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage(DLC)(PC)
31. Fallout 3: Broken Steel(DLC)(PC)
32. Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta(DLC)(PC)
33. Fallout 3: Point Lookout(DLC)(PC)

Mothership Zeta was probably the most linear and confined DLC for fallout 3 and I didn't really care for it. It also had some of the buggiest gameplay with some transport portals failing to activate making progression impossible unless you used the system prompt to reset stuff :P.

Point Lookout on the other hand is probably the best DLC in my opinion because it features a nice open map which is pretty large and actually has quite a few places to explore on top of the areas featured in the main quest line. The weapons you get from it aren't to amazing though the double barreled shotgun was especially disappointing. The main quest can also be breezed through pretty fast probably took 2-3 hours altogether and that was with taking things slow. Storyline was better then the other DLCs though which seemed to really drag on at times.
Damm64
Next-Gen

Post by Damm64 »

1- Heavenly Sword (Ps3)
2- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
3- Sonic Generations (Ps3)
4- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
5- Legend of Zelda: Link between worlds (3DS)
6- Castlevania: Mirror of Fate (3DS)
7- Pokemón Crystal (GBC)
8- Pokemón Fire Red (GBA)
9- Pokémon Y (3DS)*
10- Duke Nukem Forever (PS3)
11- New Super Mario Bros (DS)
12- Dishonored (PS3)
13- Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
14- House of the dead overkill (Ps3)
15- The Evil Within (PS3)

Finish it. I have leave some thoughs on the RGT threat so im not going into too much detail here. Basicaly is not the survival horror i wanted it to be but still is a nice action horror game. My main issue is that in some of the action scenes become a bit annoying because the camera is so close to the character, the black bars that cover 30% of screen, the automatic zoom the guns make when you point with them make the combat more awkard than it should be. Still the game has a good atmosphere and you have variety on the combat so it allows to save ammo.

emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

[quote="Damm64"]the black bars that cover 30% of screen/quote]

This was patched out (there is an option added to the menu) of the PS4 version, did the PS3 version not receive the update?
Damm64
Next-Gen

Post by Damm64 »

emwearz wrote:
Damm64 wrote:the black bars that cover 30% of screen/quote]

This was patched out (there is an option added to the menu) of the PS4 version, did the PS3 version not receive the update?

It did, but to patch the game to the current version (1.05 i think) means i have to download a 6 gigs download with a 1mbps connection. It would take me a day or two to download that and i didn't know until today that option was available with the updates.

I read there's probably a "GOTY" version in the works? Maybe ill just get that eventually to see the diference. But i already like the idea.

GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

1) Cannon Spike - Dreamcast
2) I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream - PC
3) Mighty Gunvolt - 3DS (as Mighty No. 9)
4) Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X - PSP (Vile Mode)
5) StarCraft - PC
6) Naughty Bear - Xbox 360
7) The Last of Us - PS3
8] Eets (100-percented) - PC
9) Gunpoint - PC
10) The Last Story - Wii
11) Papers, Please - PC (Ending 18)
12) King's Quest I: Quest for the Crown (AGD VGA remake)
13) Dune 2000 - PC (easy :()

14) Clock Tower: The First Fear - PC (S Ending)

Thanks to Punk Rock Hacker for this translation. I'm rather stubborn when it comes to using a mouse for certain genres, so I wasn't willing to play the SFC version. Also, I beat this last year around Halloween, I wanted to post it in this thread after I got all the endings. I stopped trying to get all the endings after three failed attempts to get the A ending.

Anyway, I've rather enjoyed this game and played through it several times for the different endings. I'm actually surprised at how 'arcadey' it feels with its different endings, changing rooms, and short length. I've been able to blaze through the game in a short amount of time and right afterward I wanted to play through it again to get the other endings and to see the numerous death scenes. It felt less like playing a Sam & Max game and more like playing Darius in that sense.

The puzzles are pretty simplistic and not very difficult as they pretty much boil down to find the thing and put it in the other thing. Though easy, the fact that these puzzles are grounded in reality makes them fit in well with the game's atmosphere. Instead of being ported from the SFC version, this game's music is an original soundtrack. It's a good, yet derivative soundtrack. The theme that plays during the chase sequences is especially noteworthy.

While I wasn't scared by Clock Tower, I was very entertained by it.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos

A fun, silly hack n slash game. Not as fun as Lollipop Chainsaw, but a nice alternative. Coincidentally, this game also features a chainsaw wielding chick and hordes of zombies to cut through. It's a character action game at its core (i.e. Bayonetta/DMC, etc.), but it's emphasis on team based play with you controlling four characters throughout the game is kind of fresh and different. I've not really seen this sort of thing outside of Marvel Ultimate Alliance or some 1 on 1 fighting games. When you get all 4 girls onscreen at once, chaos ensues and your kills and combos go through the roof as blood literally drips off of your screen while also enveloping your characters and their weapons (all while a catchy, poppy J Rock tune plays over all this madness). Hot bikini babes, hyperkinetic gameplay, and gore galore. The game is all about simple pleasures...and there's nothing wrong with that despite how super uptight, serious and PC the gaming community seems to be these days.

Also, in one of the coolest things I've ever seen a game do with trophies, if you hit start and sort them to their default order, the picture icons all line up to form one large picture like pieces of a jiggsaw puzzle coming together.

I put that in bold text because it's pretty damn cool

Talk about polarizing, the critical reviews for this game are abysmal, but user reviews on metacritic are all positive and there are some youtubers who clearly like the game too. Seems like the same sort of reaction your typical Dynasty Warriors game gets. It's love it or hate it with this series I guess. As my first Onechanbara game I think I fall into the former category.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.