Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by Sarge »

Finished One Must Fall 2097 on the highest difficulty. Jaguar, Steffan. I played the mess out of that game when I first got my PC.
Kuruwin
64-bit

Post by Kuruwin »

I been on the slopes during this year so i haven't finished a ton so far. According to backloggery i finished these games this year

Ducktales Remastered (PSN)
Skylanders: Swap Force (PS3)
Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God (PSVita)
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (PS3)
Tiny Troopers (PSN)
Motogp 13 (PSVita)
Danganronpa (PSP)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (PS3)
Final Fantasy: Realm Reborn (PS3)
Final Fantasy 12 (PS2)
Klonoa 2 (PS2)
Final Fantasy 6 (SNES)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha Vs The Soulless Army (PS2)
Ace Combat: Distant Thunder (PS2)
Heavy Fire: Afghanistan (PS3)
Project Diva 2nd (PSVita)
Shock Troopers (NG)
Dark Souls 2 (PS3)
One Piece: Pirate Warriors (PS3)
Legend Of Kage 2 (NDS)
Alien Isolation (PS3)
Dino Crisis 2 (PS)
Murasaki Baby (PSVita)
Shinobido 2 (PSVita)
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (PSVita)
Danganronpa 2 (PSVita)
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re Birth (PSVita)
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (GBA)
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

1/10: Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP (Steam)
1/10: Rusty's Real Deal Baseball: Bat & Switch (3DS DL)
1/11: Time Fcuk (Steam)
1/11: Coil (Steam)
1/17: Portal 2 (Steam)
1/31: Tales of Xillia (PS3) (re-beat 3/31)
2/12: Tokyo Jungle (PSN)
2/22: LoZ: Four Swords Anniversary Edition (3DS DL)
4/25: Stanley Parable (Steam)
4/28: BattleBlock Theatre (Steam)
5/3: Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (Wii)
5/9: Excite Truck (Wii)
5/14: Elebits (Wii)
5/26: Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 (DS)
6/9: Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (PSN)
6/11: Tappingo (3DS DL)
6/15: Galaga Legions DX (PSN)
6/22: Eversion (Steam)
6/25: Hatoful Boyfriend (GOG)
6/30: Silent Hill (PS1)
7/1: SteamWorld Dig (Steam)

Total: 21 games

SteamWorld Dig wasn't bad... It's a simple little indie game where you dig underground to get ores and gems. You also defeat enemies but it's supposed to be focused on the digging (because it was your grandpa's mine or something? Not really sure why).

While I really liked digging around and collecting all the things, the combat was kind of eh. There tended to be a lot of enemies about, and while they start out being easy to deal with (just hit with your pickaxe a few times), once they start throwing explosives around, they become really annoying and hard to deal with. I mostly didn't really like that you pretty much HAD to buy explosives to deal with these, which would mean less money for me to spend on upgrades. Plus these guys tended to mess up the terrain a lot, which forced me to self-destruct a few times just to return to the surface. I think I also had a lot of trouble with these because the jumping is pretty floaty. I didn't realize this until the final boss though, which unfortunately involved a lot of jumping around.

So I guess I was a bit disappointed with this game. I probably wouldn't say it was bad... just a game that fell a little bit short for me.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

1. Devil's Attorney (Android | 2012 | strategy) (7/10)
2. Resident Evil 5 (360 | 2009 | action adventure) (8/10)
3. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (360 | 2010 | kart racer) (8/10)
4. Dragon Quest VIII (PS2 | 2005 | JRPG) (9/10)
5. Gears of War (360 | 2006 | cover shooter) (6/10)
6. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita | 2012 | action adventure) (7/10)
7. Orcs & Elves (DS | 2007 | dungeon crawler) (7/10)
8. From The Abyss (DS | 2008 | action-RPG) (5/10)
9. Army of Two (360 | 2008 | cover shooter) (7/10)
10. Psychic World (Master System | 1991 | platformer) (4/10)
11. Endless Ocean: Blue World (Wii | 2010 | adventure / diving sim) (9/10)
12. Journey to Silius (NES | 1990 | platformer) (6/10)
13. Sword Master (NES | 1992 | platformer) (3/10)
14. Project: Snowblind (PC | 2005 | FPS) (7/10)
15. Yakyuuken Part II - Gal's Dungeon (Famicom | 1989 | maze / puzzle) (5/10)
16. Bishoujo Sexy Derby (Famicom | 1988 | horse racing) (2/10)
17. SiN Episodes: Emergence (PC | 2006 | FPS) (5/10)
18. Seirei Gari (AKA Ghost Hunter) (NES | 1989 | puzzle / adventure) (4/10)
19. The Guardian Legend (NES | 1989 | action-RPG / shmup) (9/10)
20. Prey (PC | 2006 | FPS) (7/10)
21. Ys IV: Mask of the Sun (SFC | 1993 | action-RPG) (4/10)
22. Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader (GameCube | 2001 | combat flight sim) (3/10)
23. Ys V: Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sand (SFC | 1995 | action-RPG) (7/10)
24. Bonk's Adventure (TurboGrafx-16 | 1990 | platformer) (6/10)
25. Lost Kingdoms (GameCube | 2002 | CCG-action-RPG) (8/10)
26. Bonk's Revenge (TurboGrafx-16 | 1991 | platformer) (6/10)
27. Blazing Lazers (TurboGrafx-16 | 1989 | shmup) (7/10)
28. Heatseeker (PS2 | 2007 | arcade flight combat) (7/10)
29. Castlevania: The Adventure (Game Boy | 1989 | platformer) (3/10)
30. Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge (Game Boy | 1991 | platformer) (7/10)
31. Castlevania Legends (Game Boy | 1998 | platformer) (5/10)
32. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (Game Boy | 1994 | platformer) 7/10
33. Bonk's Adventure (Game Boy | 1992 | platformer) 7/10
34. Brandish: The Dark Revenant [Ares mode] (PSP | 2009 | dungeon crawler) 9/10
35. Castlevania Special: I'm Kid Dracula (Famicom | 1990 | platformer) 7/10
34. Brandish: The Dark Revenant [Dela mode] (PSP | 2009 | dungeon crawler) 8/10
35. Soul Calibur V (360 | 2012 | fighter) 7/10
36. No More Heroes (Wii | 2008 | action adventure) 7/10
37. Castlevania: Bloodlines (Genesis | 1994 | platformer) 7/10
38. Bionic Commando (360 | 2009 | action adventure) 8/10
39. Vanquish (PS3 | 2010 | cover shooter) 9/10[/b]
40. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3 | 2007 | cover shooter) 7/10
41. King's Field II (PS1 | 1995 | dungeon crawler) 7/10
42. Trauma Center: Under The Knife 2 (DS | 2008 | surgery sim) 7/10
Trauma Center: Under The Knife 2 (TC:UTK2) is a direct sequel to the original Trauma Center: Under The Knife. That means what you get here is a hybrid of a visual novel and surgery simulation. However the surgery being simulated here is done so in a very abstract fashion, and is hardly a realistic portrayal of actual surgery. (Not in the same league as say The Software Toolworks' 1988 innovative Life & Death here.) Actually only about 25% of the surgeries in this game concern real life medical issues. About 75% of the surgeries focus on eradicating mutant viruses called GUILT. These "surgeries" feel more like a real time strategy game combined with a strange space shooter. Unfortunately at this point in the series, Atlus had still not realized that Trauma Center is far more entertaining when you're doing believable surgery situations, much more so than when you're playing Space Invaders against GUILT.

Being a sequel, TC:UTK2 has some evolutions over TC:UTK. The character portrait graphics are much improved, although they lack animation. The interface is much more polished, and the 3D surgery parts are more elaborate. The soundtrack in TC:UTK2 is extremely good, as Atlus chose to wisely outsource to Basiscape for the OST. The plot is more complex in TC:UTK2 than TC:UTK, but that's not really a good thing. Part of the issue there is the translation is very wooden, it lacks personality and charm. Also characters tend to drone on and on a bit longer than they should, when the player simply wants to move on to the next surgery, and stop reading about multi-layered medical conspiracy theories. Indeed the conspiracies are the star of the show during the visual novel parts, as characters are hardly fleshed out or given any real depth.

A lot of critics took issue with the original TC:UTK because it was an extremely challenging game. Especially the final boss battle in TC:UTK caused many a reviewer to close their DS in shame. In response to that, TC:UTK2 now has difficulty levels. Any mission can be played at any difficulty level at any time. Because of this factor, a lot of reviewers claimed TC:UTK2 is an easier game than TC:UTK. Even going so far as to say the final boss battle in TC:UTK2 is easier than TC:UTK's. The truth is, if you actually play TC:UTK2 on Normal difficulty, it is actually sometimes more difficult than TC:UTK was. Especially TC:UTK2's final boss on Normal is far, far more difficult than the last boss of TC:UTK. However, if you play TC:UTK2 on Easy, yeah, it's a breeze to beat. Which leads me to believe quite a few critics were playing this game on easy. Personally I have beat TC:UTK and TC:UTK2 on Normal, and I think that TC:UTK2 holds its own in the challenge department unless you wuss out and go the Easy route. For true masochists, once you beat TC:UTK2, the game unlocks special challenges called EXTREME. I don't hate myself enough to mess with those missions, but they exist if you do.

Ultimately TC:UTK2 feels like a polished up retread of the same ground that TC:UTK already trail-blazed. If you are looking for more of the exact same, just with a prettier sheen, you'll find it in TC:UTK2. However if you're looking for actual innovation, or a story that's fun to watch, check out Trauma Team on Wii. Trauma Team is the apex of this series and is an amazing game. That said, TC:UTK2 is a pretty good game for your DS, provided you have some stylus skill and like to read medical drama jargon. The Trauma Center games on DS are certainly some of the most challenging games you can play on the system. And TC:UTK2 continued use of the DS in a creative way. It may be a little fainter, but we still have a pulse here doctor.

Let's see...

Trauma Center: Under the Knife
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Trauma Center: New Blood
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2
Trauma Team

All I have left to finish is Second Opinion and I will have the whole series beat.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Beat Borderlands 2 again, this time with LOTS of multiplayer netplay. I hopped in and out of quests on-line and on my own. Ruins the story, but is nice for the action. Didn't realize I had a glitcher in the game until we killed the last boss in a couple seconds flat. Ah well... I can always tackle the DLC from here.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

Post by Ack »

marurun wrote:Beat Borderlands 2 again, this time with LOTS of multiplayer netplay. I hopped in and out of quests on-line and on my own. Ruins the story, but is nice for the action. Didn't realize I had a glitcher in the game until we killed the last boss in a couple seconds flat. Ah well... I can always tackle the DLC from here.

That may not be a glitcher. There are a few legit ways to do that... What character was he or she playing as?
marurun

Post by marurun »

They were calling it a glitch, but you're correct. I don't know who was doing the trick. I know there was an Assassin and a Psycho. Most of the tricks involve a Siren, and I don't remember one clearly.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

Post by Ack »

The Assassin likely used B0re with a Conference Call equipped. Causes the bullets to split apart inside the boss while doing exponentially growing damage. You can take out quite a few of the bosses in no time with that combo.

Hell, just about every class in that game can be broken horrifically.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I have not mastered the art of breaking characters, in part because I don't have the patience to farm legendary weapons. I just play cause I like loot. And shooting people in the face.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Shooting people in the face is how I play Borderlands as well. Not great solo, but I love it in multiplayer with meatshield friends.