Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by dsheinem »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I know there's a small subset of retro gamers who choose to disregard the N64 due to its (comparatively) weak library of games. But I think this little pink puffball could be enough to convert the cynics.

Fat chance. N64 sux.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

:?

You should at least try it on the Wii.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I love Kirby 64. I know there's a small subset of retro gamers who choose to disregard the N64 due to its (comparatively) weak library of games. But I think this little pink puffball could be enough to convert the cynics.

I agree. Kirby 64 is a great game. It is easily one of the best on the N64 and one of the best in the Kirby series.
Last edited by prfsnl_gmr on Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Honestly Kirby on N64 wasn't too great. I beat it myself about two years ago. I remember little about it other than I was underwhelmed.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

It's way better than Mario 64 though.

*hides in corner*
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

My first game beaten in 2015, man, been putting too much time into WoW and Madden.

1. Wasteland 2

I backed the Kickstarter and was absorbed in this game right after release and pumped a bunch of hours in. At about 80% I started to slow down, but that was more due to other games, and not from a lack of interest. I will say the game might be slightly too long. Character development, besides getting more HP, and maxing out a few skills, kind of stagnates. I think I put about 60-65 hours into this play-through.

Overall, I really enjoyed the game. I love the tactical turn based battles, though, it would have been nice if the combat was a little more in depth. But either way, it was satisfying. The game really excels in the dialogue and atmosphere. They did an excellent job and plopping you into this desert wasteland apocalypse and do it with just the right level of humor and grittiness. I really wished I had put more time into the original, as there are a bunch of references, story and character wise, that would've enhanced the experience. But it stood well enough on its own. I am hoping they make a Wasteland 3 and don't wait another 20 years.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I always thought this game was significantly underrated. It's a shame too, because this is not only one of the better Kirby games but one of the best N64 games and 5th gen platformers.

Kirby 64 completely ignores the 3D trend - this is a 2D game. Well, 2.5D. Everything's at an angle and the levels "curve" as Kirby progresses, but he can only walk left and right.
Sounds a lot like Yoshi's Story, which rules and gets similarly forgotten or dismissed. I'm sold, and will definitely pick up a copy to play during the summer.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

We are opposites. I still need to play Yoshi's Story!
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:I love Kirby 64. I know there's a small subset of retro gamers who choose to disregard the N64 due to its (comparatively) weak library of games. But I think this little pink puffball could be enough to convert the cynics.

I agree. Kirby 64 is a great game. It is easily one of the best on the N64 and one of the best in the Kirby series.

I really wish they would bring back the powerup mixing from Kirby 64, that was the best innovation in the Kirby series.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I thought Kirby 64 was great. It does feel a bit more sedate than some of the others, though. My least favorite, honestly, is probably Kirby's Dream Land 3, which is still a good game.

I've been out of commission for the last week, not much gaming, but did finish Gunman Clive 2.