Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
KayJay
24-bit

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by KayJay »

Beat a lot of games in the past 30 days.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) 9/10. Great game.

Metroid Fusion (9/10) Really underrated. swaps the exploration of Metroid for a guns drawn, shooter game. Reminds me a lot of the movie "Aliens" in contrast to "Alien"

Metroid Prime (8.5/10) Just as good as i remembered it. I didn't like all the backtracking, though.
Currently Playing: Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd (PS3)
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Ooh, good games all right there. Obviously. :)

If you're interested in some dissection of Fusion, Jeremy Parish has been breaking the game down on his blog. Might be interesting to read, especially since you just finished it.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

darsparx wrote:See what of the side missions I have done in knight don't bug me even if they are somewhat repititive, my problem is i hate the race/chase parts though since I stink at controlling the car especially the race parts where riddler controls the crushers(his part in this and origins remeinds me of DK64 so it doesn't bug me so much on the collectathon parts of it since I enjoyed that...I really am determined to beat this one though and I may just attempt to 100% it if I can control where I go this time around without hitting that one major roadblock that prevents a lot of progress(especially since it helps with getting upgrades quicker doing all the side missions)

The very first Riddler race made me want to chuck my controller through the TV. Took me an hour to 3 star it for my upgrade point. The races are just bush league, and show a developer that knows nothing about driving games...trying to do a driving game. The handling on the Batmobile is some of the worst handling of any car in any game I've ever played.

I HATE the Riddler in this game. He is so obnoxious, and I'm tired of the Arkham City formula of every Batman game having fifty thousand Riddler trophies and challenges to do. If you pull up the map after all the Riddler stuff is revealed, there's literally green EVERYWHERE, like the map has green measles. And you'll likely need a faq and a youtube guide to find and get them all. Does Rocksteady know what the word overkill means?

And I hate, hate, really freaking HATE tank battles, which is the one thing keeping me from seeing the "true" ending as that side mission where you have to do multiple survival mode battles against them is infuriating.

Also, the way the story treats the Bat family...my god.

They all come across like losers. Nightwing is easily captured by Penguin...who later gets the drop on him AGAIN. He also gets the stuffing beaten out of him by Harley in her DLC. Jason Todd is a big whiny juvenile baby throughout the whole story. "I ran off and went after the Joker by myself, against your orders, like an idiot and got captured and tortured for it. Somehow this is your fault Batman and now I hate you and want to kill you and have Oracle murdered!" :roll: "Oh, and I want Gotham destroyed too just for the hell of it!" Barbara is basically just a victim and a damsel in distress in this game. Robin is the only one who gets to look reasonably good in this game...but that's it. I guess Rocksteady likes Tim Drake
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Last night right at 10pm when I had settled down to play Other M, the freaking electricity went out for no apparent reason. So I reported the outage to my power company, and then realized I had installed Fairune on my phone earlier in the day. So I loaded that up while sitting on the couch in my pitch black living room.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:(The reviewer is apparently better at video games than I am, however, since he was able to beat the game in just under two hours.)

And after playing Fairune for two hours, I'm 100% sure that reviewer was playing with a walkthrough in tow. There's no way in hell he flew threw the game that fast on his own considering the obscurity of some of the puzzles in this game.

Fairune's pretty decent, I'll probably finish it up today.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

1. Star Fox 2 SNES
2. Sonic Advance 2 GBA
3. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Wii U
4. Advance Wars: Dark Conflict DS
5. Joy Mech Fight Famicom
6. Grandia PS1
7. Money Idol Exchanger Game Boy
8. The Battle of Olympus NES
9. Lost Kingdoms 2 GC
10. Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon DS
11. Code of Princess 3DS DL
12. Discworld Saturn
13. Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru [For the Frog the Bell Tolls] Game Boy
14. 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 3DS DL
15. 3D Streets of Rage 3DS DL
16. Pokémon Shuffle 3DS DL
17. 3D Altered Beast 3DS DL
18. 3D Super Hang-On 3DS DL
19. 3D Space Harrier 3DS DL
20. 3D Galaxy Force II 3DS DL
21. 3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master 3DS DL
22. Sonic 3 & Knuckles Mega Drive
23. Bayonetta Wii U
24. Fighting Vipers Saturn
25. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan 3DS
26. Super Castlevania IV SNES
27. Shovel Knight Wii U eShop
28. Discworld II: Missing, Presumed...!? PC
29. Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo Saturn
30. Chameleon Twist N64
31. Live a Live SFC
32. Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland DS
33. Splatoon Wii U
34. Mega Man X Wii U VC
35. Game & Watch Gallery Advance GBA *NEW*
36. Metroid: Zero Mission GBA *NEW*

I beat these quite a while ago, but I've been oh so lazy in updating this list.

Game & Watch Gallery Advance
Game & Watch Gallery Advance is a fun compilation of Game & Watch games. There's quite a lot of variety - 6 games unlocked from the start with both the original gameplay and a reimagined modern version with a further 5 to unlock with both play modes. In addition, there are another 9 unlockable games which are only playable in classic G&W mode, making for 20 games in all.

Earning 200 points in a game gets you 1 star, up to 5 stars maximum for 1000 points. There are 5 stars available for each of the 11 main games in classic game A, classic game B, modern normal and modern hard modes, making for 20 per game and a total of 220 in all. You need 170 stars for the games credits, which is not mean feat. Here's my mini reviews of all 11 games and how well I did in them.

Fire: Catch people and bounce them to safety as they jump out of a burning building. Classic game B has people jumping from lower floors. Modern mode has different weight characters bouncing different heights. This game is really hard in both modes, although I suspect Classic is easier overall because the time a sprite can be bounced is longer due to the flickering movement of the G&W as opposed to the continuous path they move in in modern. The reaction time and speed of this one is really picky, and in modern mode it wasn't always clear which character would fall faster. I got about 12 stars from this one overall.

Boxing: This one is really easy on both modes. Modern is faster paced as you only need to knock your opponent down once, whereas knockdowns only contribute partly to a win in classic. Game B and 'hard' modern modes are both multiplayer modes, with a star available for every time they're played. Easiest stars in the game, I got all 20.

Donkey Kong 3: Shoot bugs at DK with your spray gun to make him get stung while he does the same back. This one is easy if you just spray once, refill and spam it. It's VERY tedious to hit 1000 points though, takes forever. Modern mode adds a boo who moves towards you as you refill. It's basically the same. Game B and hard mode are multiplayer again. I got all 20 stars.

Mario's Cement Factory: This one is quite easy, but very, very, very, very tedious. Everything moves slowly, points don't accumulate very fast, and you spend a lot of time just waiting to do something. Modern is easier than classic despite added obstacles because you can fall down to a lower lift without hurting yourself, whereas this kills you in classic. I died on classic before maxing out as I got too impatient. Got 17 stars here.

Donkey Kong Jr.: This one is a 1 level G&W recreation of the arcade game. The classic G&W is tedious and difficult if you play it properly, and tedious and easy if you do it the cheap way, which I did - stand on the top row jumping the crocodiles for 1 point a shot and you can rack up points relatively safely. Modern adds more levels, faster gameplay and is generally a lot more fun. I got 20 stars on this one.

Rain Shower: In classic you have to pull washing lines to keep rain from hitting your clothes. In modern, you pull washing lines to keep your lazy friends being hit by water balloons thrown by bowser, for some reason. Classic is much easier - it's easier to tell where rain will hit, and there's less to deal with at once on screen. Game B in both adds a crow/waluigi who will move lines about to try and screw you up. I got 15 stars on this.

Chef: Classic is very simple - flip food so it doesnt hit the ground. It's very fast paced, has a lot of randomisation (food goes to random heights, and a cat sometimes grabs some food for a bit before dropping it back too). Game B adds 1 extra bit of food, making there be 4 in stead of 3. Modern is a totally different game 0 you still flip food, but it moves about, cooks as you flip it, and theres a yoshi at the bottom of the screen who follows behind you. The goal is to cook the food and drop it into yoshis mouth for points. Burnt food stuns him though, and raw food isn't worth many points. Modern Chef is one of the best games in the collection, but also fairly tough. I got 13 stars on this one.

Mario Bros.: Move Mario & Luigi up and down floors in a factory to stop stock falling to the ground. Really fun in both classic and modern. Modern just adds bowser at the top, who sometimes makes belts go in reverse - easily fixed by flipping a switch. This game is fairly fast paced, requires some good awareness and co-ordination and is challenging without being as crazy hard as some of the others. One of my favourites. I got 19 stars in this one.

Octopus: Grab treasure from between the octopuses tentacles without being caught. Classic offers 1 point per piece of treasure, and 3 for getting back to the boat with any amount of treasure. Modern gives the tentacles more spots they can move to, making it much harder, and changes the scoring so you only get points for taking treasure back to the boat - more points for more treasure. You also move a LOT slower when carrying a bunch though. Octopus is hard, random and kinda boring. It was easily my weakest game on the collection. I got 7 stars on this one.

Donkey Kong: Classic is a one stage recreation of 25M from arcade DK, with a few extra mechanics thrown in - grab a swinging crane arm, watch out for moving girders. It's kinda frustrating, and doesnt work well on the GBA as it was originally on a 2 screen G&W arranged like a DS. One of the twon screens is shrunk down on the GBA, and you can switch which one with B. Classic isn't much fun. Modern is better, with more levels and faster gameplay, although a bit of a learning curve. I got 14 stars on this one.

Fire Attack: In classic, defend you fortress from attacking warriors who try to burn it. In modern, protect your golden statue of Wario from bob-ombs and bullet bills. Both are fun, but modern is easier and faster. I got 16 on this one.

Overall I had a lot of fun with G&W Gallery Advance, but it's better in small doses. It's pretty feature packed , and worth buying for sure.

Metroid: Zero Mission
This is the first game I beat for my Summer Games Challenge list.

Metroid: Zero Mission is a remake of the original NES Metroid but faster paced, prettier and with a bunch of extra content. It's pretty great, but it also feels pretty different. It's still awesome, but it doesn't have that same gritty, sombre atmosphere as the original game, and instead feels much more action packed and fasted paced. It also has a few mini cutscenes that make it feel kinda anime inspired.

The fast paced gameplay works in it's favour though - I blasted through the game in under 3 hours, and the game outright encourages you to attempt speed runs, hard difficulty challenges and low item runs with bonus ending images. The game tells you where to go next in normal game progression, which some will dislike, but there's plenty of sequence breaking to discover, so exploration isn't completely lost.

The new content in the game is cool - a few new upgrades (the bounce ball, speed booster, power bombs, super missiles and charge beam all show up here), an extra boss or two, and a new post final boss section which really mixes up the gameplay by taking away your power suit - samus now takes a full 100 damage from space pirates, and you have to be stealthy to avoid them. Unfortunately, I was bad at this, so I got to experience the...alternate way through this part. Get spotted and run like buggery until you can find an alcove to hide in. Luckily, this was still fun, and very tense.

Metroid Zero Mission is a ton of fun, and I like it more than Metroid Fusion. Even compared to Fusion though, this game feels very fast paced and action focused, and compared to the first 3 Metroid games this is a whole different beast. The original game is included on the cartridge, which is a nice bonus. I highly recommend this game, definitely worth picking up, its a reimagining of the original metroid in story, structure and gameplay, and it's a classic.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

1. Cut the Rope (3DS)
2. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
3. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (XBOX)
4. Jewel Link Chronicles: Mountains of Madness (NDS)
5. Super Mario 3D World (WIIU)
6. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
7. Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS)
8. Gunman Clive (3DS)
9. Child of Light (WIIU)
10. Gunman Clive 2 (3DS)
11. Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (WIIU)
12. Shifting World (3DS)
13. VVVVVV (3DS)
14. Mega Man 9 (PS3)
15. Mighty Switch Force 2 (WIIU)
16. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (PS3)
17. Castle Crashers (PS3)
18. Pushmo (3DS)
19. Steamworld Dig (3DS)
20. The Unfinished Swan (PS3)
21. Blaster Master (NES)
22. Samurai Shodown II (NEOGEO/PS2)
23. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (2600)
24. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
25. Shining Force II (GEN)
26. Rayman Legends (WIIU)
27. Gorf (ARCADE)
28. Fairune (3DS)
29. Mighty Gunvolt (3DS)

Mighty Gunvolt is an homage to 8-bit Mega Man games designed by Inti Creates and starring Gunvolt from Azure Striker Gunvolt, Ekoro from Gal*Gun, and Beck from the forthcoming Mighty No. 9. The game nails the look of the 8-bit Mega Man games perfectly, which isn't surprising since Inti Creates developed both Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10. It also controls wonderfully, with the "pixel-perfect" precision expected from a classic Mega Man game. Finally, the game has a fantastic, toungue-in-cheek "translation" that adopts some of the 8-bit era's best grammatical errors.

Initially, the game was only available to those who purchased Azure Striker Gunvolt, and sadly, the game (which can now be purchased for $4.99) shows its origins as a gift. The level design is uninspired; the enemies are the same in every level; and the game is incredibly easy. (This is especially true for veterans of the Mega Man series.) The boss battles are fun and challenging, but they do not justify the game's price. (The boss battles are excellent, and the game really needs a boss rush mode.) Four DLC levels - which can be purchased for an additional $2.99 - add some variety to the game, and they are drastically more challenging than the base game. Unfortunately, after you have purchased the DLC, you are left with an $8 game that any veteran of the Mega Man series can beat in an hour. While you can play through the game with each of its three characters, their playstyles are not different enough to create legitimate replay value. Accordingly - and while I had fun with the game - I cannot recommend it to anyone at its current price point. (The game - with the DLC included - should not be more than $4.)

Exhuminator wrote:Fairune's pretty decent, I'll probably finish it up today.

I am glad that you are enjoying it so far. The game really picks up at the end, and I will be interested in reading your comments on the game once you have beaten it (and assuming that the final boss does not make you throw your phone against a wall).
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I had a big response typed up but our firewall ate it.

I downloaded and beat Fairune yesterday, thanks to our email server being down. It is a very enjoyable Ys like game, heavy on the puzzles. I clocked in at about 3 hours (though I could have knocked 30 minutes off if I had realized something stupid - see spoiler below). Some puzzles were very easy, some were very very difficult. Not because of their complexity, but because there is no direction in some areas. Like when you can walk to the next screen in some parts - No direction whatsoever. Overall I loved it, it was brilliantly fun. The leveling system was simply perfect for the style of game it is (once you get to the next level of enemies for xp, the previous levels no longer hurt you). That simple change, made up for the crappy touch screen controls on android (sans the final boss). Best $0 I have spent on a game this year.

Despite activating the computer, I forgot to upgrade the sword. I wandered for 30 minutes before I went to a walkthrough

Also beaten recently:
Homestar games 2 and 3 by Telltale. Both are fun little TT point and clicks. Nothing spectacular for nonfans. Though 2 has some of the best lines of all of Homestar - the Homsar reservation had me belly laughing.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

1. Devil's Attorney (Android | 2012 | strategy) (7/10)
2. Resident Evil 5 (360 | 2009 | action adventure) (8/10)
3. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (360 | 2010 | kart racer) (8/10)
4. Dragon Quest VIII (PS2 | 2005 | JRPG) (9/10)
5. Gears of War (360 | 2006 | cover shooter) (6/10)
6. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita | 2012 | action adventure) (7/10)
7. Orcs & Elves (DS | 2007 | dungeon crawler) (7/10)
8. From The Abyss (DS | 2008 | action-RPG) (5/10)
9. Army of Two (360 | 2008 | cover shooter) (7/10)
10. Psychic World (Master System | 1991 | platformer) (4/10)
11. Endless Ocean: Blue World (Wii | 2010 | adventure / diving sim) (9/10)
12. Journey to Silius (NES | 1990 | platformer) (6/10)
13. Sword Master (NES | 1992 | platformer) (3/10)
14. Project: Snowblind (PC | 2005 | FPS) (7/10)
15. Yakyuuken Part II - Gal's Dungeon (Famicom | 1989 | maze / puzzle) (5/10)
16. Bishoujo Sexy Derby (Famicom | 1988 | horse racing) (2/10)
17. SiN Episodes: Emergence (PC | 2006 | FPS) (5/10)
18. Seirei Gari (AKA Ghost Hunter) (NES | 1989 | puzzle / adventure) (4/10)
19. The Guardian Legend (NES | 1989 | action-RPG / shmup) (9/10)
20. Prey (PC | 2006 | FPS) (7/10)
21. Ys IV: Mask of the Sun (SFC | 1993 | action-RPG) (4/10)
22. Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader (GameCube | 2001 | combat flight sim) (3/10)
23. Ys V: Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sand (SFC | 1995 | action-RPG) (7/10)
24. Bonk's Adventure (TurboGrafx-16 | 1990 | platformer) (6/10)
25. Lost Kingdoms (GameCube | 2002 | CCG-action-RPG) (8/10)
26. Bonk's Revenge (TurboGrafx-16 | 1991 | platformer) (6/10)
27. Blazing Lazers (TurboGrafx-16 | 1989 | shmup) (7/10)
28. Heatseeker (PS2 | 2007 | arcade flight combat) (7/10)
29. Castlevania: The Adventure (Game Boy | 1989 | platformer) (3/10)
30. Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge (Game Boy | 1991 | platformer) (7/10)
31. Castlevania Legends (Game Boy | 1998 | platformer) (5/10)
32. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (Game Boy | 1994 | platformer) 7/10
33. Bonk's Adventure (Game Boy | 1992 | platformer) 7/10
34. Brandish: The Dark Revenant [Ares mode] (PSP | 2009 | dungeon crawler) 9/10
35. Castlevania Special: I'm Kid Dracula (Famicom | 1990 | platformer) 7/10
34. Brandish: The Dark Revenant [Dela mode] (PSP | 2009 | dungeon crawler) 8/10
35. Soul Calibur V (360 | 2012 | fighter) 7/10
36. No More Heroes (Wii | 2008 | action adventure) 7/10
37. Castlevania: Bloodlines (Genesis | 1994 | platformer) 7/10
38. Bionic Commando (360 | 2009 | action adventure) 8/10
39. Vanquish (PS3 | 2010 | cover shooter) 9/10[/b]
40. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3 | 2007 | cover shooter) 6/10
41. King's Field II (PS1 | 1995 | dungeon crawler) 7/10
42. Trauma Center: Under The Knife 2 (DS | 2008 | surgery sim) 7/10
43. Fairune (Android | 2013 | action-RPG / puzzle / shmup?!) 5/10

"A girl has been chosen to become a heroine. An adventure filled with mystery awaits her. During her adventure, she'll need to find weapons to defeat monsters, and to level up. She also needs to collect items, find secret passages, and solve puzzles. Once she has unlocked three ancient statues, she has to seal a mysterious menace away forever."

Fairune is a puzzle game disguised as an action-RPG that was released for free on mobile platforms (with ads) and later ported to the 3DS eShop (for $3). Graphically the game is presented in an archaic pixel art style that works very well aesthetically, combined with a wonderful chiptune OST that's a joy to listen to (but does get repetitive due to lack of variety). Controls are uncomplicated and instantly understandable. So from a graphical, audible, and controllable standpoint; Fairune is simple and sweet.

The game design itself however, isn't quite so simple and sweet.

At first glance and initial play, Fairune seems to be a mash-up of the classic Ys bump'n'grind battle system combined with traditional Zelda style exploration and item-based puzzle solving. It doesn't take too long to realize the battle system itself is actually paper thin and merely serves as a grind barrier to regress exploration. You simply bump into enemies you can kill until you kill them or they kill you. If they kill you, you just respawn and come back and bump some more until somebody dies (hopefully the monsters). There's no skill to combat whatsoever, and its only purpose is to LEVEL UP! enough that you can bump through more mobs of enemies for further exploration. Monsters do not leave gold, health, or items; they only serve to dole out experience points.

Leaving the pointless combat behind, one comes to the real meat of Fairune, that being its puzzles. Puzzles consist of wandering around until you find a puzzle object. At which point you use this puzzle object on something else to open up further progress. The puzzles are quite simple in this game. You might do something like use an axe on a tree or a key on a door, for instance. That being said, the puzzles are fine enough on their own.

What is not fine, is the fact that Fairune likes to impede the player's progress by invoking invisible pathways and false walls. There are key areas one most enter that are secreted behind such byzantine elements, with nary a clue that these clandestine portals to progress even exist. Such dirty trickery on the developers' behalf seems to be done as a last ditch effort to keep the player seeing more ads than they otherwise would. Thus increasing the probability of their "free" mobile game. Anyway, once the player manages to bump-grind all the monsters to death, solve all the simple puzzles, and navigate the deviously hidden paths, the final boss can be reached.

At this point the game inexplicably and disingenuously mutates into a classic overhead shooter. I do not understand this design decision, and frankly it came across as a rude thing to do to your player. Should you have the patience to defeat all three of the final boss's forms (dying means restarting the entire fight again), then the player is left with one final puzzle. What's bad about this puzzle in particular is once again the game design loses focus. It eschews the control method the player has been using for the entire game, and instead requires a fourth wall breaking approach. So much for continuity.

Honestly some gamers will blindly enjoy Fairune because of its charming nostalgic presentation. It's true the developers utilized an underhanded method of inducing halcyon feelings via the classic games it apes. But if you discern beyond the pleasant retro facade, what lies beneath is actually a lot of amateur hour game design that is too often disrespectful towards its player. But hold on, it's free right? On mobile, yes. And Fairune is a decent enough distraction for free. If however you're considering buying it for $3 on your 3DS... buy a nice coffee instead. At least you can drink that without needing a walkthrough.

My clear time was: 03:03:53
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

1. Jazzpunk (PC)
2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)
3. Grandia (PS1)
4. Hotline Miami (PC)
5. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
6. Off-Peak (PC)
7. realMYST: Masterpiece Edition (PC)
8. Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (DS)
9. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
10. Space Pirates (PC)
11. NiGHTS Into Dreams (PC)
12. Inherit the Earth (PC)
13. Saints Row IV (PC)
14. Grand Theft Auto V (PC)
15. The You Testament (PC)
16. Dark Forces (PC)

17. Ratchet & Clank (PS2)
18. Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
19. Gunman Clive (DS)
20. Her Story (PC)

Gunman Clive – I received this through the Humble Nintendo Bundle and absolutely loved it. What a charming, simplistic shooter that pays homage to the classic platforming shooter games of the NES era. In this game, you play as Clive, set to save the damsel in distress in a sepia-toned wild-west setting. On your journey, you battle a wide variety of enemies and bad-guys, each with their unique movement patterns that offer a nice level of strategy. Imagine this game as a slow paced Mega Man. Your enemy and your gunfire move slowly and methodically and the enemy attack patterns are predictable once you learn them that give you a feel of the Castlevania/Mega Man/ Ninja Gaiden style of game.

Of course, the game is a lot simpler and therefore a lot easier, but there is some extra content unlocked after completing. Regardless of the difficulty, there is a lot of charm with the simplistic art style. No real backgrounds are involved and the platforms are simple, but you see yourself travelling to a very exotic locale at the end that changes the platforming completely. I loved it and it is such an enjoyable game that was completely worth the time to play.

Her Story – I wish I could talk in-depth about this game, but sadly I cannot in fears of spoiling an amazing rabbit hole of a story. Her Story is an FMV adventure game that takes place at a single computer console. You are a person looking through a police database of a series of interrogations of a woman believed to have murdered her husband. The clips are very short and the only way to view them is to search keywords found within said clips. You only are able to view a series of 5 clips, so if you want to see more clips of a keyword you need to refine your searches.

What make this game so masterful are the epiphanies that you experience as you listen to this woman talk. Everything she says, wears and does is deliberate and part of the investigative process in understanding what exactly transpired. Everyone comes across these realizations in a different way and it is that open-ended investigation that makes this game seems special. The acting of the woman in particular is well done and adds to the believability of the situation.

I want to say more... I want to delve into the very specifics of what makes this game so awesome, but I can’t. I can’t tell you why I love the game, because I can’t ruin it and it drives me a little crazy. I loved it and it proves again the special place that FMV games have for me. Sure they can be cheesy and campy, but they can also convey human emotion and nuance in a way that CGI can never do.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I may have to try Fairune soon. I want to play Evoland first though. And right now I'm playing through a game called Ys II.

BigMeatyManSandwich, thanks for the Her Story write-up. Saw it on the goggy the other night and I was intrigued. May have to purchase it now.