Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by BogusMeatFactory Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:13 am

Yeah Growl is absolutely insane... in a good way. It is a really fun Beat em Up that has some severe balance issues that allow you to easily complete the game, but I won't complain as it is still fun. The whole plot and series of events that happen are just deranged. Loved it!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:23 pm

I'm really enjoying Taito's beat 'em ups. They aren't "cheap" or quarter munchers. After some good practice I can clear 'em on a few credits. They almost feel like they were designed for consoles in that regard.

A replay of Dungeon Magic is in my future. That game rules.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:35 pm

Sarge wrote:So I finished a game that eluded my even getting close to finishing back in the day, Trojan on NES. There were two reasons I never finished, of course. The first is that it seems pretty tough, and secondly it just isn't very good.

When I was a kid, I let a friend borrow my copy of Ikari Warriors and he let me borrow Trojan. I beat Trojan in a few hours and wanted to trade back, but he was so mad that I beat Trojan before he did, that he insisted he be able to keep Ikari Warriors until he beat it before I did. I was afraid I would never get my Ikari Warriors back because it is ridiculously hard, and it won't let you continue if you die on a boss. We fought over this for a long time.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:27 pm

1. Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (PS4)
2. Demon's Souls* NG+++ (PS3) [PLATINUM]
3. Castlevania (WiiUVC)

* = replay

Got the Demon's Souls platinum... my work is done on that one!
Soul level 168
73 hours
NG+++
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

by Key-Glyph Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:07 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Sometimes animals join in on the action, like when an elephant steamrolls a tank. Exquisite.

The graphics are pretty swell, but this may be the brownest game in existence.
I laughed out loud at these.

J T wrote:We fought over this for a long time.
Cliffhanger!!

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:39 am

1. Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition(PS4)
2. Infamous First Light(PS4)
3. Drakengard 3(PS3) *Endings 1-4. Ending 5 I watched online due to BS boss.
4. Infamous Second Son(PS4)
5. Thomas Was Alone(PS4)
6. Uncharted Drake's Fortune(PS3) *
7. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves(PS3) *
8. Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception(PS3) *
9. Deadpool(PS3)
10. Red Dead Redemption(Xbox 360)

Man that is a freaking long game :lol: . Might give Undead Nightmare a go while the game is still fresh but I don't know I'm kind of cowboyed out after this and I don't know if throwing the undead into the mix will revive my interest.

Read Dead Redemption is a great game and features a very nice expansive sand box with a metric ton of stuff to do. However it just drags on for way to long in my opinion. There are literally 3 points in the game at which I expected to be done only to find out there were still dozens of hours left with the story.

The story itself isn't bad it just feels like it could have gained a lot from being edited down. There are just so many characters that the game ends up feeling kind of spread thin. I almost felt like I was in a soap opera after a while with a constantly changing cast of characters. The ending while good took way to long to reach and I felt like there was a lot of unnecessary padding thrown in before I got there.

As for the game play I really think the first 25% of the game is the best part with a nice amount of polish and plenty of interesting stuff to do. However around the midway point things just start to drag as you suddenly realize there is an entire half of the map that you haven't even seen yet. After a while everything boils down to just a never ending turkey shoot as you play peekaboo with enemies slogging through repetitive missions over and over again.

While refreshing at first the western setting gets old about midway through and navigating the massive empty spaces between town just becomes a drag even with the random events and wildlife they throw at you in an attempt to liven it up. Usually I try to avoid using fast travel in games, but I found it necessary after a while since the environment is just so massive and empty it was just to boring riding 10-20 minutes from one mission to another.

Overall it was a great game, but I just couldn't help with getting bored with it after a while.

On a side note the game had issues on both of the systems I played it on. The PS3 GOTY edition had issues loading with a lot of noticeable pop in happening. It was also easy to outrun the loading at times and the game would either freeze or glitch horribly bad. It even caused my system to completely crash on an increasingly regular basis as I progressed further into the game requiring a hard reboot. Eventually I hit a mission which crashed my system every time I tried to enter the area so with 10 hours in I ended up having to quit and swap over to my 360 copy. The issue may have just been caused by a damaged Blu-ray but it was just very odd how it happened.

So I ended up swapping over to my 360 copy of the GOTY edition. It also had the pop in issues which were really noticeable, but at least I was never able to outrun the texture load in like on the PS3. However the audio did randomly cut out every hour or so for about 2-3 seconds usually during voice overs. At least you could pause and let the audio come back in, but it was distracting. Other then that the only issues I had was the occasional object(usually animals) clipping through the ground.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:45 am

January
1. Devil's Attorney (Android) (good game)
2. Resident Evil 5 (360) (great game)
3. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (360) (great game)
4. Dragon Quest VIII (PS2) (amazing game)
5. Gears of War (360) (decent game)

February
6. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita) (decent game)
7. Orcs & Elves (DS) (good game)
8. From The Abyss (DS) (decent game)
From The Abyss is a very simple dungeon crawler that doesn't aspire to be anything more than that. It has some charm such as its SNES quality graphics and audio, which perfectly accomplish said aesthetic goal. Its most intriguing aspect is the ability to steal abilities from enemies and use them as your own. However there is little else to do in this easy short RPG than run through randomly created dungeons and kill the eight bosses as fast as you can. Those seeking more complexity from their RPGs should look elsewhere indeed, but for a brisk adventure this is one abyss worth staring into.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:24 am

The most scandalous artwork in an E-rated game?
MrPopo

by MrPopo Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:10 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:The most scandalous artwork in an E-rated game?

What are you talking about? I know of at least 0 women who wear belts instead of pants.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
wclem
Next-Gen

by wclem Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:52 pm

1. Resident Evil 4 (PS3) Digital
2. Resident Evil 6 (PS3) Disc Version
3. Dying Light (PS4) Disc Version
4. Red Dead Redemption (PS3) Disc Version (Replay)

Red Dead, same game I beat before :D It was a game with a good story to follow and a simple mechanic. Those two together make it fun. Suggested to play when you are looking for a less challenging game run.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
Return to General Gaming