Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by Gamerforlife »

That game was horrible, I did feel proud when I beat it though. I think anyone interested in playing old TMNT games on the NES should skip that one entirely and just play these:

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

MrPopo wrote:I actually didn't have problems with that last corridor. In the beginning it's just duck down until the flying guys are past you then move forward...
The last time I played this game (I was a teenager) I aced the game up until this point. I spent an afternoon stocking up on 99 scrolls for each Turtle, something I had never taken the time to do, and thought I'd be invincible. I really believed my victory was at hand.

Not only did those flying guys not die from one scroll, they didn't die from TWO. I got obliterated and it was Game Over. I was already angry at what I perceived as an impossible situation, but can you imagine my rage when I discovered on the internet that you can just duck under them?

I haven't gone back to play it since. I think I just might. Thanks for the inspiration, Popo. It's time to take this sucker down.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Key-Glyph wrote:I haven't gone back to play it since. I think I just might. Thanks for the inspiration, Popo. It's time to take this sucker down.

I believe in you. Remember, outside the super tight corridor just duck under as they pass you and then move past. In the tight corridor stop immediately when they come on screen and they'll immediately back off screen and despawn.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Key-Glyph wrote:
MrPopo wrote:I actually didn't have problems with that last corridor. In the beginning it's just duck down until the flying guys are past you then move forward...
The last time I played this game (I was a teenager) I aced the game up until this point. I spent an afternoon stocking up on 99 scrolls for each Turtle, something I had never taken the time to do, and thought I'd be invincible. I really believed my victory was at hand.

Not only did those flying guys not die from one scroll, they didn't die from TWO. I got obliterated and it was Game Over. I was already angry at what I perceived as an impossible situation, but can you imagine my rage when I discovered on the internet that you can just duck under them?

I haven't gone back to play it since. I think I just might. Thanks for the inspiration, Popo. It's time to take this sucker down.

They still shoot you though, and those corridors get really narrow as you progress/
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

First 50:
1. Star Fox 2 SNES
2. Sonic Advance 2 GBA
3. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Wii U
4. Advance Wars: Dark Conflict DS
5. Joy Mech Fight Famicom
6. Grandia PS1
7. Money Idol Exchanger Game Boy
8. The Battle of Olympus NES
9. Lost Kingdoms 2 GC
10. Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon DS
11. Code of Princess 3DS DL
12. Discworld Saturn
13. Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru [For the Frog the Bell Tolls] Game Boy
14. 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 3DS DL
15. 3D Streets of Rage 3DS DL
16. Pokémon Shuffle 3DS DL
17. 3D Altered Beast 3DS DL
18. 3D Super Hang-On 3DS DL
19. 3D Space Harrier 3DS DL
20. 3D Galaxy Force II 3DS DL
21. 3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master 3DS DL
22. Sonic 3 & Knuckles Mega Drive
23. Bayonetta Wii U
24. Fighting Vipers Saturn
25. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan 3DS
26. Super Castlevania IV SNES
27. Shovel Knight Wii U eShop
28. Discworld II: Missing, Presumed...!? PC
29. Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo Saturn
30. Chameleon Twist N64
31. Live a Live SFC
32. Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland DS
33. Splatoon Wii U
34. Mega Man X Wii U VC
35. Game & Watch Gallery Advance GBA
36. Metroid: Zero Mission GBA
37. Saturn Bomberman Saturn
38. Touch My Katamari PSN
39. Banjo-Tooie N64
40. Transbot SMS
41. Talmit's Adventure Mega Drive
42. Alien 3 SMS
43. Shinobi 3DS VC
44. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Vita
45. Super Street Fighter II X: Grand Master Challenge 3DO
46. The Curse of Monkey Island PC
47. Final Fantasy VIII PS1
48. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 PSN
49. The Land of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse Game Gear
50. The Legend of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse Game Gear

51. Deep Duck Trouble starring Donald Duck Game Gear
52. Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX 3DS*
53. Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush Wii U
54. Retro Game Challenge DS
55. Pop Island Paperfield DSiWare
56. Stranded Kids GBC
57. Bomberman 64 N64
58. Inazuma Eleven DS *NEW*
59. Bust-a-Move 4 DC *NEW*
60. Sega Bass Fishing DC *NEW*
61. Mario Party 8 Wii *NEW*

4 more games for the list since Friday! Still on a roll with my one game a weekend, with 3 actually beaten this weekend! Next weekend I'm away though, so it could be the first one I don't finish any.

Inazuma Eleven
Inazuma Eleven was game I of my alphabet marathon (remember that?) and is a football/soccer game for DS. It's a bit different from your typical football game though, as it is more of an RPG/strategy game than a sports title.

The game stars Mark Evans, goalkeeper and captain of the Raimon Junior High football team. The plot follows a pretty typical 'underdogs win the national tournament' plotline, only much more over the top than you might expect, with assassination attempts, military super-soldier serums, magical powers and more. It's silly but fun.

The football gameplay is controlled using the touch screen - you can draw paths for all your players to follow allowing you control over the whole team at once, as well as tap where you'd like to kick the ball. You can pause the action to draw out your next moves at any time, but there is a 15 second timer that needs to count down before you can do it again afterwards. Players have stats in kick power, defence, ball control, speed and more although not all of them are clear what they do. The 2 most important stats are FP and SP. FP is your fatigue, and when it's low your players will move slower and be less skillful at tackles, dodging, blocking etc. SP lets you use the games special moves.

When 2 players contact each other whilst one is on the ball, or when a player shoots at a goal, a menu pops up giving you the option of which action to take. You can choose from 2 weaker regular options (for example, if tackling you can slide tackle or steal the ball) but later you get special moves to help you. These are really silly and over the top and awesome. Stuff like creating a clone of your opponent to steal the ball, setting the ball on fire to shoot at goal, creating a giant genie to catch the ball or disappearing under a cape to get past an opponent. The late stages of the game involve skillful timing of these moves to get past your opponent and score. By the end of the game, you can get a good number of these off before running out, but you WILL run out, especially on your strikers and goalie who will be using their skills the most often.

In between 'proper' 11 on 11 matches (which are the definite highlight), you run around talking to people to progress the story, and playing battle matches, some of which are scripted and some of which are dreaded random encounters. These are normally short matches where the first to score wins. They're also 4 on 4. These are frankly kind of annoying, and I don't like them much.

Inazuma isn't perfect. The controls take some getting used to, and you never feel like the control is fluid, but it's good enough and is fun. The difficulty spikes INCREDIBLY early on, with your first 'proper' match being easily the hardest in the game. It's ridiculously hard and almost made me give up, whilst later matches were just the right side of challenging. It also annoys me that the matches are bizarrely 30 minutes per half - you could just make the clock move at a different speed to make 45 minutes take the same length of time, which is how long a football match should take per half. The game never makes the 30 minutes thing clear either, which throws you off until you work out how long it should be.

Overall, Inazuma Eleven was a lot of fun. It's not a must-own, but it's a game that's worth picking up for cheap. The PAL version is supposedly the best version, as it uses the engine from Inazuma Eleven 2 which improves the controls and mechanics. The US eShop release for some reason uses the same engine as the Japanese game instead of being a release of the PAL version. Import it if you want it, it's pretty cheap anyhow.
I'll probably pick up the sequel eventually, although I'm in no real rush right now.

Bust-A-Move 4
This was my first game beaten of the weekend. Bust-A-Move 4 is an entry in the popular Puzzle Bobble franchise, and is also known as Puzzle Bobble 4 in Japan. The game involves you shooting coloured bubbles at other coloured bubbles to make them disappear. You can ricochet shots of the wall to hit at different angles too, and this is crucial in later levels.

The plot here is something stupid about the magic in the world being sealed or whatever. Blah, blah, blah. The important thing is you have to play 110 puzzle stages, 5 at a time, to seal the 22 major arcana of the tarot deck and restore the world. Nothing saves the day like popping bubbles!

In addition to matching coloured orbs, there are some other icons to watch out for. Anchor points can hold bubble intact, and taking out the bubles surrounding them will make all the other connected bubbles fall off screen. The same can be achieved by taking out a line of bubbles that other bobles are connected too if they're not connected any other way. Arrow blocks make any connected bubbles float to the ceiling instead of fall when unattached from the anchor points. Rainbow bubbles change colour to match bubbles that pop next to them. Sometimes this can set off a nice chain reaction. And the big new gimmick of this game, which is very much overused, are pulleys, which make attached bubbles on either side raise or lower depending how many are on each side. Balancing these can be a pain in the ass.

Puzzle Bubble 4 is a lot of fun, but it's also really cheap. Too many levels asre utterly reliant on you getting the right colours, as they move too fast or start too low to be beatable otherwise. Some stages I needed one of 5 different colours, but got the 6th and 7th colour over 30 times before getting what I needed, pretty much dooming me as I mashed A and bounced the useless bubbles off of the ceiling so they didn't get in the way. Lucky the game has infinite continues, or this game would frankly be totally unfair bullshit to complete.

Beating the game can be tedious too, as there doesn't seem to be a save or suspend function - you have to play 110 stages in one sitting. My dreamcast cut back to the menu once on stage 15, but luckily it never happened later on or I might have cried :lol: .

Honestly, the random nature of beating some stages really soured me on the whole experience. The game is fun, and I enjoy the multiplayer on occassion, but in single player it just frustrated. The seeming lack of any save function emphasised the issue as you couldn't easily take a break to cool off. The game is fun, and worth buying, but I won't come back to this single player mode again probably

Sega Bass Fishing
Sega Bass Fishing is the second game I beat this weekend. It's a fun arcadey fishing game (who'd have guessed right?) for the Dreamcast. I've had the game since I got my first Dreamcast, but the disc is utterly butchered and I could never play it. my new Dreamcast just about handles it, but it did crash back to the menu twice, so I basically played through this 3 times.

I played the game with the fishing rod controller, which lets you reel the fish in using an actual reeling motion instead of just L and R. It's pretty fun and adds a lot to the game. The manual seemed to suggest it had some form of motion controls too, but my controller didn't seem to have any, so it's either broken or just doesn't have any (it's an off brand model too I think).

The game asks you to catch fish at 3 different locations. You can choose which to start with, and the weight limit necessary to proceed increases with each level. The time for the first level is 2 minutes, but for the subsequent ones it seems to be 1 minute unless you continue, which seems really unfair to be honest. Luckily the home port lets you continue as you want (yeah, I didn't 1CC a fishing game, so sue me).

You can use different reels which encourage different motions to attract fish. Easier reels attract fish easier but generally get smaller fish, whilst the tougher ones are awkward to operate but tend to attract the bigger fish. There's still a lot of luck involved either way.

After finishing the first 3 stages, you get to play a 4th stage where you need to catch a single Super Bass. They're really hard to find on this stage, and I kinda lucked onto 2, caught a fish that weighed almost 7000g and finished the game with a rank S. Woo!

You can tell this is a Sega arcade game - it has that distinct 'Sega arcade guy' voice everywhere (see also: Beach Spikers) and it feels really silly and quirky often. I love it.

Sega Bass Fishing is a lot of fun, enough that I think I'll finally replace my crappy scratched up disc and possibly the fishing controller too, if it really isn't working properly. It's quick to play and more fun that it should be, and I like it. Buy it.

Mario Party 8
When I was a kid (and a teen for that matter), me and my friends loved Mario Party. The first was good, 2 was great, 3 was excellent. 4 and 5 were less good, but they were fun enough. When 6 rolled around, I was kinda bored of the formula, and I never played 7 at all. I'd got myself Mario Party'd out. When family were around, Mario Party 4 was the de facto game they wanted to play. I'd gotten bored of it. But years and years and years later, I spotted Mario Party 8 at a boot fair for £3 and though 'eh, why not?'.

My concerns with the game started when I played some of the old Mario Party games with a friend. I adored Mario Party 3 back when, but...I dunno, it all felt kinda shitty to control and boring to play. And this is the best one in my eyes. Mario Party as a whole just didn't appeal to me anymore.

I sat down to play Mario Party 8 with some friends a few months after buying it. It wasn't a great experience - the boards were slow and had too much tedious animation to watch. The mini games were waggle fests of the worst kind. I don't mind motion controls, but this uses them for EVERY game, when it should only use them where necessary. Move by tilting the wii remote is dumb when there's a perfectly good control pad right there. Stuff like shaking as fast of you can is fine in small doses, its just the new button mashing, but they should pick which games need it and which really dont.

I then never played the game again, for over 2 years, until this weekend. It was time to face it down and see if it really was as bad as I thought.

Spoiler: It was worse.

The single player takes place in 6 head to head matches. Mini games are at a minimum and draw from about 10 1 vs 1 games - less variety, less often. The objectives to win change by course, but generally are either 'get 2 stars' or 'get 1 star' depending on the price of the star. The problem is that without mini games determining much, the whole thing basically comes down to lucky dice rolls. The computer just loves to get lucky with coins, and then the star always appears right in front of the bugger. It's annoying and random and no fun at all.

Mario Party always had a luck element. It could keep the multiplayer matches closer and more interesting. It was more blatant;y unfair than similar mechanics in the likes of Mario Kart, but it was there, and the best player still normally won. In Multiplayer, knowing what to expect of Mario Party, that's fine. In single player, it's frustrating as fuck and no fun at all.

Don't play Mario Party 8. The mini games suck, the game is too slow and everything just saps the life out of you. I don't like ANY of the Mario Party games any more, but this is definitely the low point. Pass on it, even for £3.
Last edited by alienjesus on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Game's Exhuminator has beat in 2015...

1. Devil's Attorney (Android | 2012 | strategy) (7/10)
2. Resident Evil 5 (360 | 2009 | action adventure) (8/10)
3. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (360 | 2010 | kart racer) (8/10)
4. Dragon Quest VIII (PS2 | 2005 | JRPG) (9/10)
5. Gears of War (360 | 2006 | cover shooter) (6/10)
6. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita | 2012 | action adventure) (7/10)
7. Orcs & Elves (DS | 2007 | dungeon crawler) (7/10)
8. From The Abyss (DS | 2008 | action-RPG) (5/10)
9. Army of Two (360 | 2008 | cover shooter) (7/10)
10. Psychic World (Master System | 1991 | platformer) (4/10)
11. Endless Ocean: Blue World (Wii | 2010 | adventure / diving sim) (9/10)
12. Journey to Silius (NES | 1990 | platformer) (6/10)
13. Sword Master (NES | 1992 | platformer) (3/10)
14. Project: Snowblind (PC | 2005 | FPS) (7/10)
15. Yakyuuken Part II - Gal's Dungeon (Famicom | 1989 | maze / puzzle) (5/10)
16. Bishoujo Sexy Derby (Famicom | 1988 | horse racing) (2/10)
17. SiN Episodes: Emergence (PC | 2006 | FPS) (5/10)
18. Seirei Gari (AKA Ghost Hunter) (NES | 1989 | puzzle / adventure) (4/10)
19. The Guardian Legend (NES | 1989 | action-RPG / shmup) (9/10)
20. Prey (PC | 2006 | FPS) (7/10)
21. Ys IV: Mask of the Sun (SFC | 1993 | action-RPG) (4/10)
22. Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader (GameCube | 2001 | combat flight sim) (3/10)
23. Ys V: Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sand (SFC | 1995 | action-RPG) (7/10)
24. Bonk's Adventure (TurboGrafx-16 | 1990 | platformer) (6/10)
25. Lost Kingdoms (GameCube | 2002 | CCG-action-RPG) (8/10)
26. Bonk's Revenge (TurboGrafx-16 | 1991 | platformer) (6/10)
27. Blazing Lazers (TurboGrafx-16 | 1989 | shmup) (7/10)
28. Heatseeker (PS2 | 2007 | arcade flight combat) (7/10)
29. Castlevania: The Adventure (Game Boy | 1989 | platformer) (3/10)
30. Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge (Game Boy | 1991 | platformer) (7/10)
31. Castlevania Legends (Game Boy | 1998 | platformer) (5/10)
32. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (Game Boy | 1994 | platformer) 7/10
33. Bonk's Adventure (Game Boy | 1992 | platformer) 7/10
34. Brandish: The Dark Revenant [Ares mode] (PSP | 2009 | dungeon crawler) 9/10
35. Castlevania Special: I'm Kid Dracula (Famicom | 1990 | platformer) 7/10
34. Brandish: The Dark Revenant [Dela mode] (PSP | 2009 | dungeon crawler) 8/10
35. Soul Calibur V (360 | 2012 | fighter) 7/10
36. No More Heroes (Wii | 2008 | action adventure) 7/10
37. Castlevania: Bloodlines (Genesis | 1994 | platformer) 7/10
38. Bionic Commando (360 | 2009 | action adventure) 8/10
39. Vanquish (PS3 | 2010 | cover shooter) 9/10[/b]
40. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3 | 2007 | cover shooter) 6/10
41. King's Field II (PS1 | 1995 | dungeon crawler) 7/10
42. Trauma Center: Under The Knife 2 (DS | 2008 | surgery sim) 7/10
43. Fairune (Android | 2013 | action / puzzle) 5/10
44. Metroid: Other M (Wii | 2010 | action adventure) 7/10
45. Red Dead Redemption (360 | 2010 | action adventure) 10/10
46. Army of Two: The 40th Day (360 | 2010 | cover shooter) 6/10
47. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (3DS | 1997/2013 | JRPG) 6/10
48. Bonk's Revenge (Game Boy | 1994 | platformer) 7/10
49. The Lord of the Rings: War in the North (360 | 2011 | action-RPG) 8/10
50. Valkyria Chronicles (PS3 | 2008 | SRPG) 9/10
51. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction (360 | 2010 | action adventure) 7/10
52. Sorcery! (Android | 1983/2014 | game book) 9/10
53. Sorcery! 2 (Android | 1984/2014 | game book) 8/10
54. Lone Wolf - Book I: Flight From The Dark (Android | 1984/2015 | game book) 8/10
55. Lone Wolf - Book II: Fire On The Water (Android | 1984/2015 | game book) 8/10
56. Island of the Lizard King (Android | 1984/2014 | game book) 7/10
57. Shadow and Ash (PC | 2015 | adventure)
58. Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland (PS3 | 2014 | JRPG) 8/10

59. Warioware: Touched! (DS | 2005 | puzzle action) 7/10
A collection of fun little minigames that exude a wacky sense of humor flying at you in rapid succession. The games are part of the overall main story, itself consisting of humorous vignettes involving Wario's friends. The music is quite inspired with lots of vocal samples and even a few songs with full on lyrics, while graphics are rather simple and are still on a GBA level honestly. Ultimately WarioWare: Touched! doesn't do anything to move its franchise forward, outside involving stylus and microphone input into its traditional minigame format. But if you're just looking for a few giggles and quick simple gameplay, Wario's a weirdo worth touching.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

1. Super Smash Brothers - N64 (January 3)
2. Shovel Knight - Wii U (January 6)
3. NES Remix - Wii U (January 14)
4. NES Remix 2 - Wii U (January 14)
5. Streets of Rage - Genesis (January 16)
6. F-Zero - SNES (January 21)
7. Super Mario 3D World - Wii U (January 28)
8. Hyrule Warriors - Wii U (February 5)
9. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - 3DS (February 23)
10. Double Dragon Neon - PC (March 1)
11. Mario Kart 8 - Wii U (March 3)
12. Hotline Miami - PS3 (March 14)
13. Pokemon White - Nintendo DS (March 17)
14. Pokemon Soul Silver - Nintendo DS (April 2)
15. Pokemon White 2 - Nintendo DS (April 14)
16. Pokemon X - Nintendo 3DS (April 30)
17. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Xbox One (May 3)
18. Pokemon Shuffle - Nintendo 3DS (May 12)
19. Hearthstone: Blackrock Mountain - PC / iPhone (May 17)
20. Splatoon - Wii U (June 7)
21. Fallout Shelter - iOS (June 21)
22. Phantasy Star Online Episode II - GameCube (August 24)
22. Resident Evil 4 - Wii (August 31)
23. Earthbound - Wii U Virtual Console (September 7)
24. Legend of Zelda - Wii U Virtual Console (September 21)
25. Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer. - Nintendo 3DS (September 30)
26. Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Nintendo 3DS (October 15)
27. Valiant Hearts: The Great War - Xbox One (October 19)

A few of our other users have beaten this game this year, or in Sload Soap's case, last year. This game is currently free for Games with Gold on Xbox One. It's easily one of my favorite games of the past ten years. A puzzle adventure game set during the First World War. This game really moved me to tears and I can't help but appreciate the hard work and effort Ubisoft Montpellier put into this gem of a game.

The game boasts beautifully stylized graphics using the Rayman Origins engine, it plays with a nice cartoon-like that captures all scenes realistically and with great depth. The score is somber, its title track at the start screen lets you know what you are in for, a truly gripping but saddening tale of the great loss of life during the first World War.

I appreciate what the team did with developing a narrative: there's five main characters each with great depth of character and each level transitions pretty well. The levels focus on solving puzzles to work through levels. The puzzles range from throwing things at other things, fixing plumbing, sneaking to avoid detection, guiding your canine companion through an obstacle to get what you need to advance, and so on. There's a nice variety and the puzzles don't feel overtaxing but also being quite engaged. I appreciated that the focus is rarely about killing others, but making it out alive. It depicts the trench and frontline battles as hellish to say the least, and you can't help but reflect on how miserable and tragic this time in history was.

I really enjoyed the history of it all, there's plenty of collectibles that detail and amplify the historical context within the game such as dog tags from all of the various countries, flasks, helmets, etc, each with their own little anecdotal text box to share some of the hard realities of the war. Each stage has a few entries that are accessible about the region or battle fought, viewable at any time with a brief pause.

Probably my game of the year, to be honest.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

First 25
1. Cut the Rope (3DS)
2. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
3. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (XBOX)
4. Jewel Link Chronicles: Mountains of Madness (NDS)
5. Super Mario 3D World (WIIU)
6. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
7. Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS)
8. Gunman Clive (3DS)
9. Child of Light (WIIU)
10. Gunman Clive 2 (3DS)
11. Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (WIIU)
12. Shifting World (3DS)
13. VVVVVV (3DS)
14. Mega Man 9 (PS3)
15. Mighty Switch Force 2 (WIIU)
16. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (PS3)
17. Castle Crashers (PS3)
18. Pushmo (3DS)
19. Steamworld Dig (3DS)
20. The Unfinished Swan (PS3)
21. Blaster Master (NES)
22. Samurai Shodown II (NEOGEO/PS2)
23. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (2600)
24. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS3)
25. Shining Force II (GEN)
26. Rayman Legends (WIIU)
27. Gorf (ARCADE)
28. Fairune (3DS)
29. Mighty Gunvolt (3DS)
30. Ikachan (3DS)
31. Block Boy! (3DS)
32. Legend of the Dark Witch (3DS)
33. R-Type Delta (PS1)
34. Half-Life (PS2)
35. Soul of Darkness (3DS)
36. Cubit the Hardcore Platforming Robot (3DS)
37. Alien on the Run (3DS)
38. Bit.Trip Presents...Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (WIIU)
39. Hazumi (3DS)
40. Aaru's Awakening (PS3)
41. Teslagrad (PS3)
42. Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess (PS3)
43. Year Walk (WIIU)
44. Xeodrifter (3DS)
45. Ittle Dew (WIIU)
46. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
47. Costume Quest (PS3)

Costume Quest is a charming adventure/RPG game that serves as a love letter to Halloween. In it, fraternal twins Reynold and Wren are instructed by their parents to make friends on Halloween, their first night in a new town. Once of them is quickly kidnapped by candy-hoarding monsters, however, while he or she is dressed as a candy corn. The other twin then sets off on a trick-or-treating adventure to rescue his or her twin and to recover all of the stolen candy from the monsters. The game is largely an adventure game, and most of it consists of talking to other trick-or-treaters, playing mini-games, solving basic puzzles, and finding items. Occasionally, however, the game requires the children to battle monsters by assuming the form of their Halloween costume. It then becomes a rudimentary RPG with a fun, fast-paced combat-system inspired by Nintendo's Paper Mario series. Neither the adventure nor the RPG elements of the game are particularly deep, and the game is very easy. Nonetheless, it is overflowing with character, and I found the game incredibly charming.
Damm64
Next-Gen

Post by Damm64 »

1- Heavenly Sword (Ps3)
2- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
3- Sonic Generations (Ps3)
4- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
5- Legend of Zelda: Link between worlds (3DS)
6- Castlevania: Mirror of Fate (3DS)
7- Pokemón Crystal (GBC)
8- Pokemón Fire Red (GBA)
9- Pokémon Y (3DS)*
10- Duke Nukem Forever (PS3)
11- New Super Mario Bros (DS)
12- Dishonored (PS3)
13- Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
14- House of the dead overkill (Ps3)
15- The Evil Within (PS3)
16- Portal 2 (PS3)
17- Ratchet & Clank (PS3)
18- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (PS3)
19- Adventure Time: Hey Ice king why did you steal our garbage? (3DS)
20- Ratchet & Clank: Up your Arsenal (PS3)
21- Darksiders 2 (PS3)
22- Metal Gear Solid (PlayStation)
23- Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS3)
24- Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS3)
25- Dead Space 2 (PS3)
26- Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS)
27- Beyond two souls (Ps3)

I've played so much pokemon this year that i reached franchise fatigue even when i wanted to play the remake of gen 3 since it was announced. What i can say? Its pokemon, its nice to see the 3rd gen in a fresh look with the move upgrades from newer games also for better or for worse the history is more flesh out with more characters and more lines throw into... but since is pokemon the evil guys just end up realizing how evil they were and become good guys at the end. Not much else to say actually is a enjoyable and well done remake.

Now beyond two souls.... well...how do i put this... is lame. Any potential i felt on the first two hours of playing where crushed in the middle of the game. Since the game narrative jumps on time back and forth there's barely any context at what are you doing and why and when it actually has context is still dosen't make a lot of sense. I feel the biggest insult in the history is... well spoilers
When William Dafoe shoots himself at the end and INMEDIATLY hes reunited with his family.. sights... i have so MANY but so fucking many issues with this one scene alone i really hate that scene, it bring the game incredibly down to me... thats no fucking way to threat suicide it is insulting and it makes me sick
that plus that and the "multiple endings" have you heard a monologue by Ellen page and then press a button to choose a ending... two of them are "romantic" endings with pretty guys she had no chemistry with, one is alone and the other is spending the rest of her life with a group of friend she finds through the game (this one actually feel like the only decent ending). It varies a bit if you let die some characters but the chance is so tiny that it really dosen't matter. Also no matter what good ending you choose David Cage feels the need to push out a cutscene where clearly says "BUY BEYOND TWO SOULS 2!!!!!"

In theory heavy rain is better than this... how true is that?
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

First 25
1. Cut the Rope (3DS)
2. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
3. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (XBOX)
4. Jewel Link Chronicles: Mountains of Madness (NDS)
5. Super Mario 3D World (WIIU)
6. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
7. Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS)
8. Gunman Clive (3DS)
9. Child of Light (WIIU)
10. Gunman Clive 2 (3DS)
11. Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (WIIU)
12. Shifting World (3DS)
13. VVVVVV (3DS)
14. Mega Man 9 (PS3)
15. Mighty Switch Force 2 (WIIU)
16. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (PS3)
17. Castle Crashers (PS3)
18. Pushmo (3DS)
19. Steamworld Dig (3DS)
20. The Unfinished Swan (PS3)
21. Blaster Master (NES)
22. Samurai Shodown II (NEOGEO/PS2)
23. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (2600)
24. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS3)
25. Shining Force II (GEN)
26. Rayman Legends (WIIU)
27. Gorf (ARCADE)
28. Fairune (3DS)
29. Mighty Gunvolt (3DS)
30. Ikachan (3DS)
31. Block Boy! (3DS)
32. Legend of the Dark Witch (3DS)
33. R-Type Delta (PS1)
34. Half-Life (PS2)
35. Soul of Darkness (3DS)
36. Cubit the Hardcore Platforming Robot (3DS)
37. Alien on the Run (3DS)
38. Bit.Trip Presents...Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (WIIU)
39. Hazumi (3DS)
40. Aaru's Awakening (PS3)
41. Teslagrad (PS3)
42. Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess (PS3)
43. Year Walk (WIIU)
44. Xeodrifter (3DS)
45. Ittle Dew (WIIU)
46. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
47. Costume Quest (PS3)
48. Mutant Mudds Deluxe (3DS)

Mutant Mudds Deluxe is, basically, the second best virtual boy game. It is a 2D, sprite-based, action-platformer with gameplay similar to Mega Man. Using your trusty rocket-pack and water gun, you traverse 20 levels collecting the water sprites that you need to defeat the evil Mutant Mudds. After you collect a certain number of water sprites, you obtain upgrades for your rocket pack and water gun that: (1) make portions of certain levels easier; and (2) allow you to reach previously inaccessible areas of each level. The previously inaccessible areas contain portals to "bonus" areas inspired by classic Nintendo systems. (The black-and-gray bonus levels are titled GB Land, and the red-and-black bonus levels are titled V-Land. Once you beat the game, you can access black-purple-and-teal levels titled CGA Land.)

Moreover - and perhaps most importantly - the game was clearly designed for the 3DS, and it puts the systems 3D effects to spectacular use. Each level requires you to move between the background and foreground, and multiple enemy sprites jump and swoop in between planes. The effects are very similar to those in Wario Land (VB), and they still look great (and make me wish Nintendo would port some VB games to the 3DS).

Finally, the game is challenging without being frustrating, and the game contains ample post-game content. Accordingly, and although I only paid $5 for it, it certainly justifies its $10 retail price, and I think everyone with a 3DS should have it in his or her digital games collection.