Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by laurenhiya21 »

^Aw, man... Now you're really making me want to play an Atelier game haha. I loved both Rorona Plus and Ayesha and I just really want to play them all XD (of course I want to do that with a really long series ><)
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

The US one is way better! The JPN one all I can think is "Man what an awkward way to sit."
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Stark wrote:"Man what an awkward way to sit."

That was my first thought.

Also, I just bought this very game a couple weeks ago. It'll be my first Atelier game and Exhuminator's review makes me feel very confident about my purchase. Looks like a lot of fun.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

laurenhiya21 wrote:I just really want to play them all XD (of course I want to do that with a really long series

Indeed. I enjoyed Rorona Plus enough that it inspired me to buy the other five games in the series on PS3. (I plan to pick up the PS2 ones as well, though they are a little different in nature.)
Michi wrote:It'll be my first Atelier game and Exhuminator's review makes me feel very confident about my purchase.

Honestly I went into playing this game with considerable trepidation. I naturally gravitate towards darker games than this, so something this overtly weeaboo and cheerful isn't my usual cup of tea. But this game was so well made and consistent in tone I couldn't help but fall in love with it. As far as modern JRPGs go, it's not very long either. Only took me 19 hours to finish (the main game anyway - not the post game stuff). I think anybody who doesn't take themselves too seriously would be able to enjoy this experience.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I had to check Wikipedia for the pronunciation of "atelier."
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Don't feel bad. Most of the voice actors in the game can't even say it right.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I had to check Wikipedia for the pronunciation of "atelier."

Without looking it up I would say "AH-TELL-YAY." Am I close?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

The thing is, even online dictionaries have different pronunciations for the word.

Because it's a French word in origin, then I believe the French pronunciation is the correct one:

http://static.sfdict.com/staticrep/dict ... 775700.mp3
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Exhuminator wrote:The thing is, even online dictionaries have different pronunciations for the word.

Because it's a French word in origin, then I believe the French pronunciation is the correct one:

The French pronunciation is NEVER right. You can't just drop off half the letters in a word.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

MrPopo wrote:
Exhuminator wrote:The thing is, even online dictionaries have different pronunciations for the word.

The French pronunciation is NEVER right. You can't just drop off half the letters in a word.

Heh, French is about as opposite as it gets from German. German is take every descriptive word and shove them together, then pronounce it all as if you aggressively hate the word.