161 days,13 hours,2 minutes
of gameplay to complete your Steam library

Not as bad here.

Hobie-wan
It would take you...
1674 continuous hours
69 days,18 hours,14 minutes
of gameplay to complete your Steam library

Of course the fact I have way 'overplayed' Borderlands and the rogue-lites doesn't bode well. :lol:
wclem
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by wclem »

HAHA 131 days here :lol:

1. Resident Evil 4 (PS3) Digital
2. Resident Evil 6 (PS3) Disc Version

RE6, is there really a good reason to review it?

If you finish Ada Wongs story you get a cliff hanger, maybe for 7? I dunno, but that was irritating. The controls felt a little sloppy. Too much beating on enemies with tons of bullets only to find you kill them with something in the environment. Was happy that running seemed a little more encouraged over standing and fighting regular enemies. I just do not know what to say about it. I think they need to break some new ground with the next one. In the end, I would say it was fun and I hope they keep cranking out more RE titles.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

1. Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition(PS4)
2. Infamous First Light(PS4)
3. Drakengard 3(PS3) *Endings 1-4. Ending 5 I watched online due to BS boss.
4. Infamous Second Son(PS4)
5. Thomas Was Alone(PS4)
6. Uncharted Drake's Fortune(PS3) *

Replaying all the uncharted games so I'm prepared to jump right into A Thief's End when it comes out.

Was kind of surprised with how badly the graphics in parts have aged, and how wimpy the guns felt(your better off using a pistol over an ak47 or M4 half the time). The platforming is still solid though and the story was just as good as I remember it being. However now that I'm in the second game I realize just how huge an improvement it is the guns feel much better balanced, the platforming is easier with more obvious visual ques for climbing surfaces and etc., the motion capture and graphics received a real boost, and the environments are a lot more varied and detailed. About an hour away from beating 2 but I haven't gotten a chance to play today. Can't wait to jump in 3 again since I really enjoyed it's big set pieces and there were so many interesting characters as well as a lot of back story for Sully and Drake.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

A Wolf Among Us (01/03/15)
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ (All courses S ranked on 01/08/15)
Distance (beta 3315, 01/11/15)
Shantae: Risky's Revenge- Director's Cut (01/16/15)
Sega Bass Fishing (01/17/15)
Fairy Bloom Freesia (01/17/15)

Accidentally deleted my original review in an edit. Don't feel like re-typing.

tl;dr version was:
good game hampered by wildly fluctuating difficulty, that has boss AI so invincible that it pretty much forces you into using exploits to win. If I used my brilliant fighting technique and combos, I lost. If I turtled; I won. Still had fun with it though and it's worth a playthrough because the mechanics feel awesome when mastered.
Last edited by J T on Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

1/10: Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP (Steam)
1/10: Rusty's Real Deal Baseball: Bat & Switch (3DS DL)
1/11: Time Fcuk (Steam)
1/11: Coil (Steam)
1/17: Portal 2 (Steam)

Total: 5 games

Woo, super late on the bandwagon. I would of beaten this a while ago but I got stuck on a puzzle and hadn't touched it since. I think that was a year or two ago? I only had about 4 or 5 rooms to clear too :lol:

Anyways, this is one of the rare times where I can understand the hype. I really liked playing this :) I think I may slightly prefer the original's puzzles (I had a bit trouble keeping track of what everything did in 2), but I really liked hearing Glados and Wheatly talk. Plus the final battle was reaally good. I think also I may of had a bit more trouble with 2's puzzles, but I am bad with puzzles so that could of been just me.

Either way, it's a fun game and I'm glad I finally got back to it :)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I like Portal 1 better for puzzles, but Wheatley rules.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

noiseredux wrote:I like Portal 1 better for puzzles, but Wheatley rules.

Potato is the best character.

Also, turns out Valve actually have some combustible lemons in their closet of swag in their office. But they didn't give us any since my friend who would have gotten them was going back home on a plane in a few days which would have been a bad idea.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

1.Alien Isolation - Xbox One
2.Super Mario Bros. 3 - NES
3.Popful Mail - Sega CD
4.Final Fantasy - PSP

My girlfriend gave this to me for Christmas. Just knocked it out minutes ago.

This is the first time I've played the psp version, and its incredibly pretty. Its also as fun and addictive as its always been.

Took me 14 hours overall.

For anyone curious, I ran a Red Mage, Monk, White Mage, and Black Mage.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
elricorico
32-bit

Post by elricorico »

1. Fatal Fury (GEN)

2. DuckTales Remastered (WiiU)

When this went on sale on the eShop and I had some Deluxe Digital rewards to spend I grabbed this without hesitation. I had only played the original game for about half an hour as a kid, so I didn't have a real nostalgic tie to this game, but I've been interested in it ever since it was first announced. Finished it on normal difficulty this morning.

This didn't disappoint, it really is just plain fun. The controls are very responsive, I can think of only one or two moments where I felt I had made the right move yet had a fail (climbing chains, and they probably were my own fault). Level design is good; I didn't love the Himalayas, but I suspect I just didn't figure out the best way through with the least backtracking. I expected the game to be harder in a way, once I got the hang of the first couple of levels things got a little easy for the next few. However the very ending had me replaying Vesuvius several times due to some troubles I had after the boss. When I was finally successful I noticed I had gotten pretty stressed by the last bit of platforming.

Whether you have a nostalgic tie to the original or you are a platforming fan this game is worth your time.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

A Wolf Among Us (01/03/15)
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ (All courses S ranked on 01/08/15)
Distance (beta 3315, 01/11/15)
Shantae: Risky's Revenge- Director's Cut (01/16/15)
Sega Bass Fishing (01/17/15)
Fairy Bloom Freesia (01/17/15)
BasketBelle (01/18/15)

BasketBelle is a very short and sweet indie game about family, basketball, and overcoming metaphorical monsters/barriers. It's an unusual art game that makes basketball central to its story, yet that's what makes this game unique. It's a very different take on sports and what they can mean to us, particularly in the context of family, and as a metaphor for practice, improving, and overcoming adversity. The gameplay is a puzzle platformer with Double Dribble mechanics. You run, jump, and slide your way to find a ball, then find your way to a net to shoot it or dunk it in. The controls are a little janky on the platforming end, but I find the shooting to be satisfying, though with minimal need for skill. It's just a classic hold to jump, and release to shoot. After just completing a puzzle though, it feels good to dunk.

Where the game most excels is in its ambiance. Everything is soft and fuzzy and purple in its visual presentation. The music is a warm, moody ambience. It all has a lovely dreamlike quality as you square off in basketball games against mental representations of personal barricades in the way of you reconnecting with your sister. I enjoyed the game, but keep in mind that it's really just a short maybe 20 minute experience.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry