Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
MrPopo

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by MrPopo »

Another bullshit second quest that's more like a romhack is the second loop of Metal Storm. I watched a playthrough of it and it's just sadistic.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

MrPopo wrote:Another bullshit second quest that's more like a romhack is the second loop of Metal Storm. I watched a playthrough of it and it's just sadistic.

The first loop of that game is sadistic. I can't imagine anyone playing through a second loop on anything other than an emulator.

On a related topic...Those of you interested in NES "second quests" should play the GBA version of Castlevania. It saves between levels, and it is a great way to play through Castlevania's "second quest" without leaving your NES on for days.

That said, Castlevania's "second quest" is exactly like the first quest, but with way, way more medusa heads (and slightly more difficult bosses).
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
MrPopo wrote:Another bullshit second quest that's more like a romhack is the second loop of Metal Storm. I watched a playthrough of it and it's just sadistic.

The first loop of that game is sadistic. I can't imagine anyone playing through a second loop on anything other than an emulator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIeRI_zoFBE

Granted, he is the world record holder for both the first and second loops of the game.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

That is nuts. I guess some people are just suckers for punishment.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Ack wrote:
noiseredux wrote:Stark, Ack... start it over and

look under the bed.

I did. Also, try this:

Look in the trunk of the car and check the lock on the front door.

I feel like we should have a spoiler IRC. What is the correct ending? I did the thing you suggested noise, quite a interesting take on text adventures. Bogus needs to play it.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Stark wrote:
Ack wrote:
noiseredux wrote:Stark, Ack... start it over and

look under the bed.

I did. Also, try this:

Look in the trunk of the car and check the lock on the front door.

I feel like we should have a spoiler IRC. What is the correct ending? I did the thing you suggested noise, quite a interesting take on text adventures. Bogus needs to play it.

I HAVE AND I LOVED IT AS WAS STATED IN MY ALL CAPS HOMAGE TO THE BIRTHDAY BOYS TODAY! IT IS A GREAT TEXT BASED ADVENTURE GAME. I STILL AM RAVING THAT PEOPLE SHOULD PLAY A FULL LENGTH MODERN TEXT BASED ADVENTURE GAME CALLED BLUE LACUNA! IT IS REALLY GOOD!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Look bro, I love you, but I have not read a garshdarn thing past the first sentence in those paragraphs of hell.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Stark wrote:Look bro, I love you, but I have not read a garshdarn thing past the first sentence in those paragraphs of hell.

IT'S OKAY STARK! I LOVE YOU TOO! THIS WILL ALL GO AWAY WHEN THE DAY IS DONE. THEN THE CURSE WILL BE LIFTED AND MY CAPS LOCK WILL NO LONGER BE JAMMED WITH SOME SORT OF CHEESE SPREAD.....OR FOOT FUNGUS...OR WHATEVER IT IS..
....WAIT...
....IT'S CHEESE SPREAD.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Didn't you post in not all caps when you got that soundtrack LP?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

MrPopo wrote:Didn't you post in not all caps when you got that soundtrack LP?

YES BUT I LATER RESCINDED MY SENTIMENTS, AS I THINK THE MAILMAN LOGGED IN AS ME THROUGH HIS PHONE AND POSTED IT, BECAUSE I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE HUGGED HIM!