Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by GSZX1337 »

1) Cannon Spike - Dreamcast
2) I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream - PC
3) Mighty Gunvolt - 3DS (as Mighty No. 9)
4) Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X - PSP (Vile Mode)
5) StarCraft - PC
6) Naughty Bear - Xbox 360
7) The Last of Us - PS3
8] Eets (100-percented) - PC
9) Gunpoint - PC
10) The Last Story - Wii
11) Papers, Please - PC (Ending 18)

12) King's Quest I: Quest for the Crown (AGD VGA remake)
With so many games having dark stories prominently featuring treachery and deceit, it's nice to play a game with a light, simple story. It's astounding how great this fan remake is. If I hadn't known this was a fan remake I would've believed it was official.

I heard these games can be brutal, but this one wasn't so bad. There were a couple bits that I needed to look up to get past. One example is the encounter with the dragon: You get past him by splashing water on his face. I understand that he can't breathe fire, but he can still stomp your ass. There was a much more plausible method of getting the mirror by way of moving the stone behind the dragon. There's also that fucking condor. Oh god. Other than those little problem sections, the game was logical and coherent. Overall, this game is pretty good and I am looking forward to the next one.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

GSZX1337 wrote:I heard these games can be brutal

The parser based EGA version of King's Quest IV is the only game in the series I'd give that mantle to. It's a testament to the amount of free time I had as a kid that I finished 99% of that game without a walkthrough (then again that was during the pre-internet era). That 1% I needed help with? Let's just say it involves a certain bridle. I think the best KQ is V personally. Although VI is nearly as good.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Exhuminator wrote:
GSZX1337 wrote:I heard these games can be brutal

The parser based EGA version of King's Quest IV is the only game in the series I'd give that mantle to. It's a testament to the amount of free time I had as a kid that I finished 99% of that game without a walkthrough (then again that was during the pre-internet era). That 1% I needed help with? Let's just say it involves a certain bridle. I think the best KQ is V personally. Although VI is nearly as good.

Whoah whoah whoah...King's Quest V is absolutely atrocious. You defeat a yeti with a pie to the face. A pie... in the face! That is probably the most arbitrary of all the games. King's Quest was always the worst of the Quest games, with the exception being King's Quest III and VI.

The AGD remakes though are really really good. The first one is the weakest of their remakes, but the second and third tie together the entire series with the black cloaked organization of evil sorcerers that you learn about. They do such a great job.

I also highly recommend their Quest for Glory II remake. It allows for character import and export and has a much improved, yet challenging combat system.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

MrPopo, did you ever give Fury3 a try? I got that one with my computer, actually. One of the first Windows '95 / DirectX games out there. I also just found out that there was another sequel, Hellbender. Interesting.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Sarge wrote:MrPopo, did you ever give Fury3 a try? I got that one with my computer, actually. One of the first Windows '95 / DirectX games out there. I also just found out that there was another sequel, Hellbender. Interesting.

Fury3 was the first of the Terminal Reality games I was aware of, in that I was at a buddy's house when he was finishing up a level. I then picked up Terminal Velocity off of a PC Gamer disc that had 12 full classic games (which introduced me to a lot of good stuff) and played it some, but never finished it. Then I snagged it from GOG. I've never actually played Fury3, though.

Dug up a reference to the games that were on it:

- Road & Track Presents: The Need for Speed
- Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss
- Ultima I: The First Age of Darkness
- The Secret of Monkey Island
- Links: The Challenge of Golf
- X-COM: UFO Defense
- Wing Commander
- Alone in the Dark
- Terminal Velocity
- Duke Nukem II
- King's Quest
- Descent

There was another PC Gamer disc I had that had the following free games:

- Battlecruiser: 3000AD
- Betrayal at Krondor
- Descent
- Red Baron
- Star Control II
- Zork
- Zork II
- Zork III

Man, life was more awesome back in the day if you didn't mind playing older games. I fell in love with Star Control II after I installed it and never would have found out about it otherwise.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

GSZX1337 wrote:I heard these games can be brutal, but this one wasn't so bad.

The remakes are much easier than the originals. You can even set them to remove un-winnable situations and not being able to use items in the wrong place, those two things alone take away so much of the frustration of the original / the Sierra remake.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Fury3 is a spiritual sequel to TV. New areas, slightly different HUD. Exploration is key in both games, you get much better weapons as well as ammo for those weapons.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

MrPopo wrote:if you didn't mind playing older games

i dont mind
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:

i dont mind

Well no shit!

We ARE devoted to retro gaming.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

REPO Man wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:

i dont mind

Well no shit!

We ARE devoted to retro gaming.

Bone is still coming to grips with polygonal graphics.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.