Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by Hobie-wan »

nullPointer wrote: AFAIK, it doesn't take into account which games you may have already played and beaten. So the playtime you have remaining in your Steam library is potentially much different from the number being generated on the site.

That's a good point. It would have no way to know you'd beaten something unless perhaps you had every single achievement for a game, then it might be able to assume that somewhat safely. Of course it has to be using that 'time to beat' estimate page and then there will be games that you can't necessarily beat like MMO types and some of the rogue-lites. Still an interesting and possibly frightening comparison. :lol:
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

Hobie-wan wrote:That's a good point. It would have no way to know you'd beaten something unless perhaps you had every single achievement for a game, then it might be able to assume that somewhat safely. Of course it has to be using that 'time to beat' estimate page and then there will be games that you can't necessarily beat like MMO types and some of the rogue-lites. Still an interesting and possibly frightening comparison. :lol:
Ha, yes given that I generally have to go by the 'Completionist' column on How Long to Beat, my estimate is probably much larger than the calculated figure. :sigh:
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

A Wolf Among Us (01/03/15)
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ (All courses S ranked on 01/08/15)
Distance (beta 3315, 01/11/15)
Shantae: Risky's Revenge- Director's Cut (01/16/15)
Sega Bass Fishing (01/17/15)
Fairy Bloom Freesia (01/17/15)
BasketBelle (01/18/15)
Tiny & Big: in Grandpa's Leftovers (01/20/15)

This is a game with amazing potential not fully realized due to some fussy controls. The music is fantastic, as are the visuals, and it gives everything this funky, quirky indie rock aesthetic. The story is based around a silly premise that the grandfather of Tiny & Big left behind some magical underwear that they are now fighting over to inherit. I should probably pass it off as dumb, but I think it plays as kind of cheeky and charming, but I did used to be Mormon long ago and we Mormons do love us some magic underpants.

This game also has some fantastic gameplay innovations in the form of a world cutting laser that can slice through anything you can draw a straight line through. You also have rocket for pushing rocks of any size, and a grappling hook pulley for pulling away rocks of any size. This leads to some awesome physics puzzles where you are literally cleaving away the mountainous environments around you to get to your goals. As puzzles get more complex, you have to tug and pull around pieces that you cut away to make them strategically fall into place. Unfortunately, the platforming feels really off. He has a small little jump, and he doesn't stick to things quite right. It's hard to have a sense of flow in this game because every jump is so finicky that you have to really slow down and anxiously work through each segment step by step. This is unfortunately a pretty major shortcoming to what is otherwise a phenomenal game.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

That's what I'm saying, mine IS five figures. If I posted in that thread I'd have the third highest result.

Actually, considering that I just bought the Brawl Bundle, I'd probably have the second highest.

@nullPointer
Yeah, exactly, it's hardly conclusive, and we have no idea what they're using for quantification.

I think with some of these libraries, what you've finished already probably doesn't matter very much.

I can also say, personally, I played a lot of stuff before steam ever implemented any of the metrics, so most of the stuff in my steam library from ten years ago would be counted as not touched, even though that isn't the case.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

1. Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition(PS4)
2. Infamous First Light(PS4)
3. Drakengard 3(PS3) *Endings 1-4. Ending 5 I watched online due to BS boss.
4. Infamous Second Son(PS4)
5. Thomas Was Alone(PS4)
6. Uncharted Drake's Fortune(PS3) *
7. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves(PS3) *
8. Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception(PS3) *

Finished up replaying the Uncharted series and overall I have to say it was pretty fun going through the story again. I think I now agree with the common consensus that 2 is the best game in the series though. Playing through 3 for the second time I kind of felt underwhelmed while the set pieces are awesome and the story features a lot more locations then the previous games it just feels kind of flat. I just really don't care much for the final location of the game it feels like a really short and stale pay off as compared to the other games. I am also kind of bugged by the unlocks which are all paid content as opposed to the massive list of single player bonuses you could purchase with in game credit(earned through achievements) in 2.

Now onwards to the FF marathon :lol: .
Damm64
Next-Gen

Post by Damm64 »

1- Heavenly Sword (Ps3)
2- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
3- Sonic Generations (Ps3)

4- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (3DS)

Hey look i actually play another console besides my ps3.

Well KH 3D is basically... more kingdom hearts... that's bad or good depending on where you are standing. Comparing to any other game in the main series... it's the weakest but still a solid game. If you want to know what leads up to KH 3 maybe you should play it but nothing plot worthy happens until the last 2 of the 7 disney worlds that you visit, btw those disney worlds are now more useless on the plot than ever now they just exist so you can see them.

The combat should be the thing that saves the game but i got many issues with the camera if you don't play it with the pad pro you will be hit many many many times from projectiles offscreen of from attacks of enemies that TELEPORT or with others that super fast and deal you 70% of damage on 3 hits. The enemies are anoying, not fun and many of them are spam fest that reduce the framerate of the game when they all together decide to attack. With this kind of enemies im not surprised they introduced the also OP flow motion combat you just roll to a wall or a enemy and WOOSH! you have incredibly speed and deal a heavy ammount of damage... and you can do that... again and again and again until all your enemies die. With all this every encounter on KH 3D is a spam fest with no strategy involved.

The levels also suffer from the flow motion since you have not only speed you can also high jump slide in the air against the wall again and gain even more heigh instead of making levels with this mentality in mind (huge tall more open levels that let you explore a lot of focus more on fastmoving) we have very linear levels with some more open areas and with invible walls... many of them. So that's pretty much the game... great pottential but just miss the bar in the new mechanic that should be incredibly fun but get's old and bad used very quickly.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

MrHealthy
Next-Gen

Post by MrHealthy »

Cronozilla wrote:

That's what I'm saying, mine IS five figures. If I posted in that thread I'd have the third highest result.

Actually, considering that I just bought the Brawl Bundle, I'd probably have the second highest.

@nullPointer
Yeah, exactly, it's hardly conclusive, and we have no idea what they're using for quantification.

If it makes you feel any better:

MrHealthy
It would take you...
18161 continuous hours
2 years,26 days,17 hours,42 minutes

And we do know how it calculates these numbers. Explains it right here: http://steamleft.com/about
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

MrHealthy wrote:And we do know how it calculates these numbers. Explains it right here: http://steamleft.com/about
Yeah I noticed that too after my initial assessment. The trouble is that HowLongToBeat.com itself incorporates several different play styles into their estimates. Take for instance the first game I beat this year, Bioshock 2. For the main story it allows for three different 'levels' of completion ('Main Story', 'Main Story + Extras', and 'Completionists') and four types of play style ('Average', 'Median', 'Rushed', and 'Leisure'). Ultimately this yields a range of anywhere from 7h 30m to 70h to complete Bioshock 2 (FWIW the Average time listed ranges between 11h 20m to 24h 09m).

I really do think that the SteamLeft site is a fun little service (no matter how starkly sobering it is :lol:), but equally I think that you can't take the generated numbers too seriously. Some of us may burn through our libraries in substantially less time, while others of us (most likely me) could potentially even take quite a bit longer(!)
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

How the hell can Bioshock 2 take 70 hours to complete?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

1. Super Smash Brothers - N64 (January 3)
2. Shovel Knight - Wii U (January 6)
3. NES Remix - Wii U (January 14)
4. NES Remix 2 - Wii U (January 14)
5. Streets of Rage - Genesis (January 16)
6. F-Zero - SNES (January 21)

Wow. Such action, much speed. This game gets brutally hard on King. I played on Beginner because I'm a chicken. This game is splendid and was fun to race through at blistering speeds.