Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ack

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by Ack »

Exhuminator wrote:I agree that keyboard and mouse is the superior FPS control. As far as FPS goes I came from the keyboard and mouse background first. But I don't think gamepad FPS control is utterly terrible, I'm totally fine with it too. I feel like I'm a weirdo in this regard because everyone seems so polarized about the issue.

I prefer kb+m myself and like to give noise crap about it...but that's mainly because I like to give noise crap about everything.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Yeah FPS is really best played with a KB+M when it comes to console FPS/TPS you really don't realize just how unplayable they are without a solid aim assist system. Probably the best example of this is Quantum Theory I beat the game on the 360 but it thoroughly taught me just how shitty aiming with a controller can be without aim assist :lol: .
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

1- Gradius 3 - SNES

Used a game genie for infinite lives and used a turbo fire controller.

2- Deathsmiles - Xbox 360

Credit fed to the end credits.

3- Mushihimesama - Youtube

Watched a video of the end credits.

Overall, a good day of hardcore shmuppin'.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

You could have at least listed hard games :lol:

I didn't even know Deathsmiles took credits.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

dunpeal2064 wrote:I didn't even know Deathsmiles took credits.

Well I am a certified "Lord of the 1 CC" so just take my word on it. :wink:
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Opa Opa made me laughspit cranberry juice all over my keyboard. happy/sad
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Opa Opa wrote:1- Gradius 3 - SNES

Used a game genie for infinite lives and used a turbo fire controller.

2- Deathsmiles - Xbox 360

Credit fed to the end credits.

3- Mushihimesama - Youtube

Watched a video of the end credits.

Overall, a good day of hardcore shmuppin'.

I know this is a joke, but if someone wanted to count the first two of these as beaten, I'd be fine with that. :lol:
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:But most importantly, this is the first FPS I have ever beaten using keyboard and mouse. I am a golden god.

Good job boy-o. ;)

I'm trying to find a cheap version of Quake, don't really want to pay $10 for it.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

nullPointer wrote:So the big question is, whether you think this will be your preferred method of control for PC FPS moving forward?

I... don't know yet. Having forced myself to complete a game, I do feel a lot more comfortable than I did. Having said that, there's not a lot of controls needed for a game like Quake. Take moving and aiming out of the equation - you've basically got Shoot, Switch weapon and Jump right? That I can handle. But thinking about more modern games, like Borderlands for instance - now I've got to learn a whole new control method for also squatting, alternate-shots, running, and perhaps most importantly (to me) sniping. All those extra new buttons to get used to, I feel like it would really slow me down cuz I'd have to stop and think before doing anything. So not sure I could handle that if I were playing a faster game, or a multiplayer one. That said, I might try something more modern solo just to get a feel for it and see what I think. Right now, I'd say I still find a controller more naturally comfortable. But I wouldn't rule kb/m out necessarily.

Ack wrote:I prefer kb+m myself and like to give noise crap about it...but that's mainly because I like to give noise crap about everything.

It's true. You don't know "horrifying" until you've had Ack come at you in a game making train sounds.
Ack

Post by Ack »

noiseredux wrote:
Ack wrote:I prefer kb+m myself and like to give noise crap about it...but that's mainly because I like to give noise crap about everything.

It's true. You don't know "horrifying" until you've had Ack come at you in a game making train sounds.

Choo choo...the pain train is a-coming, noise...