Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Sarge wrote:Jackie Chan's Action Kung-Fu. Fun little platformer. A little short, and I'm pretty sure it's one I could get through without any sort of save states, but I was lazy last night. ;)

That game is rad, and much, much easier than the games you have been playing. I could beat it as a child; so, I don't think it will give you too much difficulty. (You will have a lot of fun with it, however, since it is, IMO, one of the best NES games.)
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:That game is rad, and much, much easier than the games you have been playing. I could beat it as a child; so, I don't think it will give you too much difficulty. (You will have a lot of fun with it, however, since it is, IMO, one of the best NES games.)

Yeah, I can't disagree. The controls are really snappy, hit detection is quite good, and so on. It just feels right, and let me tell you, that can go a long way in an NES game even if other aspects are less stellar. Not that that's the case here! But a little polish goes a long way.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

I have a fondness for Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu because it's one of the few games I remember playing before it was released when I was at the Nintendo World Championships. It was also how I first learned about Jackie Chan.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
elricorico
32-bit

Post by elricorico »

1. Fatal Fury (GEN)
2. DuckTales Remastered (WiiU)
3. Final Fantasy IV (PSP)

4. Journey (PS3)

I've been sitting on this game for several months, knowing that it is a short game but that it was highly regarded. I played through in two sittings separated by a couple of days. In between the two sittings I frequently thought about when I would be able to get back to it. It is gripping.

This is likely the most beautiful game I've played. Everything seems to have been crafted with extreme care so that every visual and sound supports the emotional impact that the creators intended. This game effectively evokes more emotions than all but the best movies that have been created and it lasts about the same length of time. That being said, this wouldn't have been as effective if it were just a movie. The connection as player was key to the impact. There were moments - especially as I approached the ending - where I found myself pushing the analogue stick forward harder than necessary in response to the on-screen struggle.

I could type an essay on this game, and after finishing it I did some poking around and see that others have. It inspires reflection and deep consideration of its meaning. If you are a gamer who can appreciate that games are an art form you must experience Journey.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Yeah Journey is boss, well said dude.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

You guys are talking about this right?
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:You guys are talking about this right?

:lol:
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Don't stop believin' Bone.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

tony_soprano_final_scene.png