Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by alienjesus »

MrPopo wrote:62. Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - PC

I agree with most of what you said, I though the second game was weaker than the first as well.

I just recently finished the 3rd game, Curse of Monkey Island, which I think is a much stronger game than either of the first two.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

1. Cut the Rope (3DS)
2. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
3. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (XBOX)
4. Jewel Link Chronicles: Mountains of Madness (NDS)
5. Super Mario 3D World (WIIU)
6. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
7. Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS)
8. Gunman Clive (3DS)
9. Child of Light (WIIU)
10. Gunman Clive 2 (3DS)
11. Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (WIIU)
12. Shifting World (3DS)
13. VVVVVV (3DS)
14. Mega Man 9 (PS3)
15. Mighty Switch Force 2 (WIIU)
16. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (PS3)
17. Castle Crashers (PS3)
18. Pushmo (3DS)
19. Steamworld Dig (3DS)
20. The Unfinished Swan (PS3)
21. Blaster Master (NES)
22. Samurai Shodown II (NEOGEO/PS2)
23. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (2600)
24. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS3)
25. Shining Force II (GEN)
26. Rayman Legends (WIIU)
27. Gorf (ARCADE)
28. Fairune (3DS)
29. Mighty Gunvolt (3DS)
30. Ikachan (3DS)
31. Block Boy! (3DS)
32. Legend of the Dark Witch (3DS)
33. R-Type Delta (PS1)
34. Half-Life (PS2)
35. Soul of Darkness (3DS)
36. Cubit the Hardcore Platforming Robot (3DS)
37. Alien on the Run (3DS)
38. Bit.Trip Presents...Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (WIIU)
39. Hazumi (3DS)

Hazumi is a Breakout-inspired puzzle game. In it, you control the horizontal movement of a ball that automatically bounces back and forth vertically across each of the game's 104 levels. The goal in each level is to destroy all of the level's breakable blocks, but to do so, you will have to change the ball's color, move other blocks, and avoid hazards. Moreover, you receive one, two, or three stars at then end of each level based on how quickly you completed it, and earning stars unlocks additional levels.

There are no other puzzle game's quite like it, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is very easy to pick up and put down, and I have been playing it during my travels this summer. My only complaint is that the difficulty varies wildly in the last few dozen levels. (That is, it may take you 100+ attempts to clear level 94, but you may clear level 95 on your first attempt.) This is a very minor complaint, however, and it certainly doesn't detract much from the game. Finally, the game is very in expensive ($3.99), and it certainly justifies its price. (This is especially true in light of the game's robust level editor, which expands the game's content immensely.)
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Played "6-Pak" for the Genesis, which includes sonic, golden axe, columns, sor, super-hang on, and revenge of shinobi.

Beat Sonic, Golden Axe, SOR, and Shinobi. Labor Day ruled.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Luke wrote:Played "6-Pak" for the Genesis, which includes sonic, golden axe, columns, sor, super-hang on, and revenge of shinobi.

Beat Sonic, Golden Axe, SOR, and Shinobi. Labor Day ruled.

I love all the compilation packs they released for the Mega Drive/Genesis. They're pretty great ways to buy some of the games now, and were fantastic when I was a kid with not much money to spend!

Notables PAL ones for my money:

Mega Games I: Columns, Super Hang-On and World Cup Italia '90
Mega Games II: Revenge of Shinobi, Golden Axe and Streets of Rage
Mega Games 3: Alien Storm, Super Thunder Blade and Super Monaco GP
Disney Collection: Castle of Illusion and Quackshot
Sonic Collection: Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Sega Classics Collection: Altered Beast, Alex Kidd in Enchanted Castle, Flicky and Gunstar Heroes(!!)

The Sega Classics Collection is the most notable, as it actually runs cheaper than the Gunstar game on it's own. I'm not too fussed by having Gunstar in it's original boxed if I still end up with a working copy of the game!

I still need to pick up Classics Collection though. I also need Mega Games 3, although as Alien Storm is the only game I want on it, maybe I won't bother.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

I prefer the "Collection" on the Sega CD, but this was an original cart. You can definitely tell a difference as far as sound goes, but each game still sounds great.

Not a fan of any Sonic port though.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Luke wrote:I prefer the "Collection" on the Sega CD, but this was an original cart. You can definitely tell a difference as far as sound goes, but each game still sounds great.

Not a fan of any Sonic port though.

I still need a Mega CD, one of the last retro consoles on my wants list. All of the compilations I listed were released on Mega Drive cartridges.

I'm not sure how I've gotten this far without buying a Mega CD actually. I remember playing Sonic CD and Final Fight CD at a friends house as a kid, and that's actually why I ended up buying Mega Games 2 - because Streets of Rage looked a lot like Final Fight.

And hey, what a good purchase, because Streets of Rage is better :lol:
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:1. Cut the Rope (3DS)

Got this today based on your recommendation. $6.99 new at Best Buy!

Didn't realize the physical 3DS version was actually a compilation of sorts. This should keep me busy.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:1. Cut the Rope (3DS)

Got this today based on your recommendation. $6.99 new at Best Buy!

Didn't realize the physical 3DS version was actually a compilation of sorts. This should keep me busy.

Nice. It is such a fun game. I've only beaten the first of the three games included in the compilation, and it took me hours. There's a ton of value there.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

1) Cannon Spike - Dreamcast
2) I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream - PC
3) Mighty Gunvolt - 3DS (as Mighty No. 9)
4) Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X - PSP (Vile Mode)
5) StarCraft - PC
6) Naughty Bear - Xbox 360
7) The Last of Us - PS3
8] Eets (100-percented) - PC
9) Gunpoint - PC
10) The Last Story - Wii
11) Papers, Please - PC (Ending 18)
12) King's Quest I: Quest for the Crown (AGD VGA remake)
13) Dune 2000 - PC (easy :()
14) Clock Tower: The First Fear - PC (S Ending)
15-19) Sam & Max Season 3: The Devil's Playhouse - PC

20) Dishonored - PC
I didn't think I'd like this as much as I did. That was mainly because I thought it was a straightforward first person actioner with some stealth elements made by Bethesda themselves. In actuality, it's a first person stealth-action game with strong RPG elements made by Arkane Studios. Arkane Studios is the team that created Dark Messiah of Might and Magic back in 2006, a game I rather enjoyed while others abhorred it. Knowing this, it should've come as no surprise that the game felt like Dark Messiah with beefed up RPG elements reminiscent of Deus Ex.

Anyway, this game is awesome. The fun powers, fine map design, and moral choices make for an enjoyable experience. There's not much to say about this game as everything about it is just good. The graphics looks rather nice (and runs at a nice 60fps on my rig), the audio while not something I'm likely to listen outside the game is pleasing to the ears, and the gameplay is spot on. The stealth hits that sweet spot between mindlessly running around blind dolts and dancing around all-seeing eyes. The sword play is exciting and encourages thoughtful maneuvers instead of mindless slashing. There's a good amount of replay value thanks to its variety of moral choices and hidden goodies.

The only things I don't like about this game are its setting and the fact that midway through the game, combat becomes a joke. I'm not into the Steampunk aesthetic and I'm not digging its weird technological landscape with stilt-like mech-suits and sophisticated surveillance equipment, but no cars or motorboats. The force push power can dismember foes, resulting in easy fights. This in combination with the Blink (teleportation) ability make the battles a joke. I had to forbid myself from using the push power in order to keep the fights interesting.

Overall, a very fun game and a pleasant surprise.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I really need to finish Dishonored. I like what I've played but I always seem to play for a few hours and then lose patience. Maybe before the year is out...